• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
Jurassic World Evolution sounds amazing. I've never played Operation Genesis but I can't wait to see some footage of how the building mechanics work.

Now we can all make a staff member named Regina who is chased by wild dinosaurs.

Kind of wish that Disneyland Adventures being an Xbox One console exclusive means it's coming to Steam as well (yeah, I know it's Microsoft). Need more Disneyland games in my life, especially after playing the shit out of Disney Infinity.

dex3108

Fun thing happened few days ago to me. I was watching Sonic Mania video and my sister (she is older than me) that doesn't play games at all saw me watching it and she immediately asked: "Is that new Sonic game?". You can't imagine how surprised i was.

Yeah, the "PS4 exclusivity is fine" bias has been strong for some time now

It's rather funny that Rise of the Tomb Raider was supposed to be an exception. Yet, here we have the PUBG thread where people demand explanations and call out on cryptic wording... yet had a different thinking for Crash and other games.

Freezard

Told you AoE4. Tomorrow. Kinda obvious with the "major announcement".

Either that or AoE3 HD or AoEO revival. But let's be real here!

AHA-Lambda

It's rather funny that Rise of the Tomb Raider was supposed to be an exception. Yet, here we have the PUBG thread where people demand explanations and call out on cryptic wording... yet had a different thinking for Crash and other games.

Totally spot on.
I'm not saying it's right or ideal, but call it out on both sides. No one flipped their shit when SFV wasn't coming to XB1 after all, or when the nonsense with Crash is "nostalgia".

jediyoshi

Yet, here we have the PUBG thread where people demand explanations and call out on cryptic wording... yet had a different thinking for Crash and other games.

Are there people out there equating Crash's past history on PlayStation platforms with PUBG's past history on the classic Xbox?

ArjanN

That Xbox show wasn't much, as expected. Looking forward to a bunch more PC announcements during the actual Gamescom show though.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just beat the game yesterday. The normal version of that guy took me a couple of tries too, but I managed to defeat that fucker faster.
And yeah, if you haven't explored Crystal Peaks, it's the way to go.
already been

Can find some comments that it has been 20$ in the past for PS+ members, probably lot more normally.
I guess grabbing the physical would be good choice then dlc separately from sale if you like it, it wasn't that expensive in the first place.

yeah maybe i'll do that

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
PSN hacked?

p0R29QL.png

Madventure

14coCiF.png

am i missing something?

i tried both with steam beta and stable

When you install a new game like Dinosaur Temptress 4 (for example)

D:\SteamLibrary\INSTALLHERECAUSEIWANNAFOLDER\SLUTTYDINOS

You can type out what folder you want to install it and it should make a new drive folder

I have one for my HD and SSD

Like you can literally edit the text

You should then be able to move games around after it makes the new folder

I'm pretty sure there was an easier way to do it by default but off the top of my head I don't remember and I don't want to google it, and that should work. I think. Maybe.

Freezard

14coCiF.png

am i missing something?

i tried both with steam beta and stable

I think you need to make a new Steam games install folder to see the option to move games. You can make a new folder when you install a game. I have one folder on my SSD and one on my HDD for example and I can choose where to install each game.

EDIT: Also PSN is down for me :(

yuraya

The only good Dinosaur game this industry can make is a third person horror shooter of some kind. With a good story and a cool protagonist too.

I can't think of a dev for the job tho. Maybe Square Enix?

Teggy

It's like they took the old Bill Hicks piece about a trickster god laughing as he buried dinosaur bones, and just turned it into the devil instead.

I mean, it's got to be a parody, right?

Yes, there are a whole series of these shirts.

Hooray for manual camera in Yooka-Laylee, I can play it now without vomiting.

Jimrpg

The rest-of-world retail packages are set up in such a way that they cannot be registered to your account from a Malaysian IP address, however this isn't a result of the store page not being available on the Malaysian store. The two aren't interconnected in any way.

In theory, yes (well, restricted rather than banned as Valve stopped banning/suspending accounts ~six-and-a-half years ago), but in reality there are no reputable reports of somebody being banned/having their account restricted for VPN use unrelated to cross-region purchasing on the Steam Store itself. You'll find no shortage of people here who've used a VPN to unlock a game early or circumvent a regional restriction on a retail key, myself included.

So... are you saying that the Malaysian version of PES is seperate to the rest-of-world PES, and if I buy a key from say CDkeys, it won't work using a Malaysian IP address? It doesn't seem to say that on the CDKeys store page, just says worldwide, usually it'll say there's some sort of country restriction if there is any. Also I assumed that a key from a higher priced region would work in a equal or lower priced region?

Also in response to your second comment, if its possible to use VPN, then we could buy games from the cheapest regions (china, russia). I assumed that they would do an IP check while you're playing the russian/chinese version of the game?

Finally what's the easiest way to use a VPN to unlock a game? Hola and steam website? Tunnelbear and steam website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom