• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

RiME is SO beautiful!!

36666220336_66f1b5e29b_o.png
36542771302_ee6ce72984_o.png

35877507784_e0e53095dc_o.png
35877505724_190cb9afbd_o.png

35879979484_b52d9cdf72_o.png
36576034341_420db12bf8_o.png

35905268323_8d5daa1e0e_o.png
36545208532_5496303491_o.png

It's one of the most beautiful games i ever played. What devs did here is really amazing! Also that OST...

RiME is SO beautiful!!

It's one of the most beautiful games i ever played. What devs did here is really amazing! Also that OST...

Shame about the performance though

Games runs awful for me on a 290x. It was only $13, but still.

Also don't pay more than $20-30 for FFXV. You guys will be disappointed.

NeoRaider

Shame about the performance though

Games runs awful for me on a 290x. It was only $13, but still.

I had to accept 30fps (most of the time). :/
It's not a big deal for me in "slow" games without combat and shooting like this one. Getting 30-75fps on my 280x. But it's usually around 30-45.

Zeneric

Yea, I suck at video games. I'm way past my gaming skill peak (I'm old). I feel kinda relieved. Been denying myself for a long time, blaming on something. I still love gaming tho. Reading/talking about games, playing games, etc are still fun to me. Video games are still my passion.

Cels

why does square have to call it "FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION"

are the all caps and the extra WINDOWS EDITION really necessary

Aaron D.

Yea, I suck at video games. I'm way past my peak (I'm old). I feel kinda relieved. Been denying myself for a long time, blaming on something. I still love gaming tho. Reading/talking about games, playing games, etc are still fun to me. Video games are still my passion.

I'll be 50 in a couple years and my gameplay habits have definitely changed over the years to account for my advancing age.

Have zero interest in twitch shooters, fighters, or character action games anymore. Though I'd guess it has as much to do with my waning interest in testosterone-themed games as it does my waning reflexes. Still love sandbox shooters though (Bethesda, Rockstar games, etc.), as I can play at my own pace.

Over the past decade I've also discovered a passion for slower-paced titles, genres like Grand Strategy (Paradox games) and Mundane Vehicle Sims (Farm Sim, Euro Truck, etc.). Loves me some storytelling Walking Sims too.

It's actually kind of liberating to discover that there's TONS of content out there for all ages and engagement levels. I don't think I'll ever want for something to play, no matter how old I am.

yuraya

What if Konami turns face?

What if they start releasing all MGS games on PC?

What if Konami becomes the good guy again?

Good guy Konami

tenor.gif

I'll be 50 in a couple years and my gameplay habits have definitely changed over the years to account for my advancing age.

Have zero interest in twitch shooters, fighters, or character action games anymore. Though I'd guess it has as much to do with my waning interest in testosterone-themed games as it does my waning reflexes. Still love sandbox shooters though (Bethesda, Rockstar games, etc.), as I can play at my own pace.

Over the past decade I've also discovered a passion for slower-paced titles, genres like Grand Strategy (Paradox games) and Mundane Vehicle Sims (Farm Sim, Euro Truck, etc.). Loves me some storytelling Walking Sims too.

It's actually kind of liberating to discover that there's TONS of content out there for all ages and engagement levels. I don't think I'll ever want for something to play, no matter how old I am.

This is the second time you make a post and I'm like, "this is me" :)

Maybe it's because I've been playing for 30+ years and most plots/characters look samey to me, but I now also prefer sandbox games. My last game addiction was Xenoblade Chronicles X, mostly because I could ignore the plot/main quest, I just kept exploring that big world, doing random stuff, finding places and creatures. Played it for 300+ hours over the course of a whole year and it was awesome.

At first, I was excited about Final Fantasy XV because it looked like it was that kind of game, but from the reviews, looks like it's just the old linear FF game with some exploration. I don't care about the plot or the characters in my games anymore, just give me a big, interesting world I can lose myself in and I'll be there.

Arthea

FFXV is the best Final Fantasy game, don't know if I'm going to double dip right away considering I still haven't beaten it or it's season pass content on PS4. Awesome that it's coming to PC and it seems they're actually putting some work into it.

is it a serious post?
I can't tell

Are you saying FFXV will be more than $20 on release?

lemmelaughsomemore.gif

What if Konami turns face?

What if they start releasing all MGS games on PC?

What if Konami becomes the good guy again?

Good guy Konami

https://media.tenor.com/images/fe405e1f177fa184cbfa363acee4c220/tenor.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I have one word for you - pachinko

kionedrik

The point is in the challenge itself and that's all there is to it.

By comparison the main campaign felt like a tutorial

I guess I'm going to drop it then. The gameplay was refreshing at first but after a while it became apparent just how super shallow it was. The meta game aspect was much more interesting than the gunplay itself.
"The most innovative shooter in years" it was not.

Tonton

If you haven't played FFXV before, please temper your expectations.
I have no expectations thankfully

Really any discussion about the game feels too hyperbolic "literally garbage" and then "no it's gr8 6 million saaaaalt"

Will just get the game on sale and judge it myself

madjoki

Wow those recommended specs.

Just when you start to feel good about having a good gaming rig, a game comes along and gives you a reality check.

It's for 4K. maybe even 4x more demanding than 1080p :p

Hopefully 4k textures is separate dl and not lazy squenix.

Dinjoralo

It's for 4K. maybe even 4x more demanding than 1080p :p

Hopefully 4k textures is separate dl and not lazy squenix.
Let me laugh harder.
...But really, as promising as this PC port looks, I don't see Square Enix being smart enough to make the textures and alternate languages optional downloads. It's still Square Enix.

I have no expectations thankfully

Really any discussion about the game feels too hyperbolic "literally garbage" and then "no it's gr8 6 million saaaaalt"

Will just get the game on sale and judge it myself
My plans and thoughts as well. The consensus is all over the damn place, but it looks cool and I wanna try it. I just hope that downloading the game doesn't get me a call from the tech guys on campus complaining about me sucking up the bandwidth again.

Ascheroth

Looks like Subnautica got it's last content update before the 1.0 release, remainder seems to be polishing and performance.
Tempted to just start it up right now 🤔

BasilZero

50/50 on ffxv announcement

Mainly because I am still playing the PS4 ver and because they still haven't finished with the dlc content.

With that survey released few months ago I bet they will continue releasing dlc and charge you for it even after the pc ver come out.

Gonna wait for ffxv to be heavily discounted for sure.

----

Also NISA is overdue on srpg - where is la pucelle and makai kingdom yo

Also namco needs to port another tales game

Tonton

Also namco needs to port another tales game
We'll get it when there's a new PS4 game, doubt we'll get a PC only port or something

There's still no upcoming one even for Japan right now but apparently there's one expected to be released for Switch before the end of this fiscal year
Hopefully whatever it is it makes its way to PC too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom