• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So how long does this Bethesda sale last? I don't see an ending date on any of the store pages. And why are the discounts on the newer Wolfenstein games so weak?

QuakeCon runs from the 24th through the 27th, so probably until 10am PT on Monday.

Adnor

Banned
It's official, OG Doomguy is named Doomguy, look at the name of the skin:

https://twitter.com/Agent__Strange/status/900108634021138434

DH3UBweXUAE5JIl.jpg

Current Ubi sale on steam is mostly on racing games, but it seems that during this weekend Rainbow Six Siege is going to be free, and with a 50% off deal.

Source

Damn nice, now I can finally try this and see these shooting and movement mechanics that make Counter-Strike seem oh so terrible.

:>

JarrodL

It's been... 6 or 7 years since I played L.A. Noire and I didn't play any of the DLC.

Any reason not to get it in the current sale? How big of an issue is Social Club, how is performance, are there any negatives to unlocking the framerate?

Just finished it recently.

Social club is mildly annoying since it sometimes (not always) pops up its login window on launch even if you logged on and set the "remember me" flag previously. I think you can just skip it by pressing escape though (don't remember for sure).

Peformance was stellar for me, but I have a powerful rig (1080ti and 6-core i7). Didn't notice any significant frame drops playing in 4k@60 at max settings with unlocked fps patch.

Unlocking fps is fine for a large (~3/4rds) part of the game, but then there are 2 cases in a row where it prevents you from examining crucial evidence at crime scenes. Solution: quit the game and restart after disabling the widescreen/fps patch until you move past those points in the investigation (this is annoying since the game doesn't save your case progress on exit and you'll have to start the case from scratch; about 5-10 minutes of lost time iirc). Edit: I think it also makes car controls less responsive but it didn't bother me too much.

Really tempted to get the $10 tier of the new Humble Bundle since the only one I own is Alien Isolation, but I'm annoyed that Dead by Daylight is one of those games that has a standard edition and a deluxe edition, but no option to upgrade to the deluxe edition if you already own the standard edition.

Tonton

What new Store pages did we get from Gamescom so far, FFXV, Biomutant, anything else?

No .hack right?

We should be getting a date for Tokyo Xanadu eX+ soon right? seems it was a bit less than 4 months from the Vita date announcement to release, we can't be too far from it

Square Enix should make Kingsglaive available on Steam video, how am I going to watch it

Dec

Just finished it recently.

Social club is mildly annoying since it sometimes (not always) pops up its login window on launch even if you logged on and set the "remember me" flag previously. I think you can just skip it by pressing escape though (don't remember for sure).

Peformance was stellar for me, but I have a powerful rig (1080ti and 6-core i7). Didn't notice any significant frame drops playing in 4k@60 at max settings with unlocked fps patch.

Unlocking fps is fine for a large (~3/4rds) part of the game, but then there are 2 cases in a row where it prevents you from examining crucial evidence at crime scenes. Solution: quit the game and restart after disabling the widescreen/fps patch until you move past those points in the investigation (this is annoying since the game doesn't save your case progress on exit and you'll have to start the case from scratch; about 5-10 minutes of lost time iirc). Edit: I think it also makes car controls less responsive but it didn't bother me too much.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

FoneBone

Humble Bundle leftover:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FoneBone, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Five Nights at Freddys: Sister Location -- MB-026AF2AD634264CB - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.

t1503453740z1.png

Also, I feel vindicated in my decision to wait on Layers of Fear: Masterpiece Edition when it was $5.75 on the Steam store a few weeks ago.

In case anyone forgot, Rock of Ages sequel is coming out soon.

First game was super fun. It was also the last Ace Team game I played (I bought a few of their later games when there were cheap though, but haven't been able to play them).

Might get this one at launch. I miss playing this kind of games.

I haven't played the original DOOM in many moons. I see Ultimate DOOM is on sale on Steam for $1.24 and I've got a few bucks in my Steam wallet. Hmm.. I've heard mention of that Brutal DOOM mod before and would like to experience it.

I have a feeling this will make me feel a bit woozy/queasy, though. That's one reason I haven't played any of the old DOOMs, Wolfensteins, etc. in quite a long time, is because they would make me nauseous.

It's official, OG Doomguy is named Doomguy, look at the name of the skin:

https://twitter.com/Agent__Strange/status/900108634021138434

Speaking of, supposedly "Doomguy" could be a descendant of Blazkowicz, and having just played through Doom and W:TNO back-to-back, a "Doomenstein" crossover would be cool as hell. Hell portals and time jumps, demons, Nazis, Demon Nazis, maybe even co-op of some sort? They wouldn't even have to cross over the main games, just do a smaller, one-off like W:TOB.

I haven't played the original DOOM in many moons. I see Ultimate DOOM is on sale on Steam for $1.24 and I've got a few bucks in my Steam wallet. Hmm.. I've heard mention of that Brutal DOOM mod before and would like to experience it.

I have a feeling this will make me feel a bit woozy/queasy, though. That's one reason I haven't played any of the old DOOMs, Wolfensteins, etc. in quite a long time, is because they would make me nauseous.

It's worth it.

If you wanted to test yourself, try downloading Freedoom and play a bit of some source ports with it. Try brutal doom if you like. I think that should work. Freedoom is a drop in replacement for Doom 2.

Guys, am I stupid for wanting someone to get super pissed over our new ant-nazi charity DLC? I don't need an article on Kotaku, I just want to piss off an idiot.

I mean, this was literally the only reason that I had a Barack Obama Hawke in Dragon Age 2 and then made that my avatar on the BioWare forums.

I brought this up a week ago and it fell of deaf ears.

We're the only ones that care, Ken :(
I thought I'd like the first one a lot but I kind of struggled to get through it. I was expecting more of a game centered around destruction, but ended up with something that was to me a stressful real-time base defense and attack back and forth against AI.

Teggy

Guys, am I stupid for wanting someone to get super pissed over our new ant-nazi charity DLC? I don't need an article on Kotaku, I just want to piss off an idiot.

I mean, this was literally the only reason that I had a Barack Obama Hawke in Dragon Age 2 and then made that my avatar on the BioWare forums.

Why are you giving money to ant-nazis? They are the worst ants.

Rizzi

Yeah AC Origins looks really good. As much as I enjoyed Syndicate I'm glad they're finally doing something different with the series.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Ants are pretty fascist already. Especially when it comes to other ants. Hmm.

Can't wait for this! I sure got nostalgic after hearing Gentle Hands... ;-;

also for newbies to the series or G.U. i recommend not watching this, there are extreme spoilers for G.U. lol

Yeah.
That trailer is really bad. It shows stuff from cutscenes from major events, you can see the whole party from the last cutscene of the original game, so you know which ones will join your party etc.

Edit:

Just checked out White Day reviews on Steam. Anime-avatar, japanese name:
"This is not Corpse Party stadards. Korean garbage!!... the plot is stupid. Japanese are the best when it comes to stories. Maybe I would've like it if they added Japanese dub."

Reminds me of some people who thought a taiwanese/chinese game was on Steam and it only had Chinese options and most people with anime avatars were mad it doesnt have japanese voices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom