• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

All these years weren't enough for you guys to cope with HL3 never going to be made?
Seeing the plot posted should have you at the acceptance point, not at the rage point.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
All these years weren't enough for you guys to cope with HL3 never going to be made?
Seeing the plot posted should have you at the acceptance point, not at the rage point.

The current era of internet with the five stages of grief:

Denial > Anger > Depression > Anger > Bargaining > Anger

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm cool with that half life (non) ending, sounds like it could've been an interesting game

kind of reminds me of further setting up this idea of gordon as argie comic's the eternaut, traveler in space and time looking for alyx or whatever

i'm glad valve decided to lay it to rest, no more jokes or mentions or whatever, call it dead for dead it is

Hektor

i'm cool with that half life (non) ending, sounds like it could've been an interesting game

kind of reminds me of further setting up this idea of gordon as argie comic's the eternaut, traveler in space and time looking for alyx or whatever

i'm glad valve decided to lay it to rest, no more jokes or mentions or whatever, call it dead for dead it is

Valve didn't lay this to rest tho, apparently the NDA Marc signed 10 years ago just expired.

Uzzy

Do not go gentle into that good night, and all that.

Hektor

The true dick move, never coming out and saying it's not coming, we're done with Half Life. I wonder if someone will say something now.

Kinda hope we can at least expect a blog post about "why it didn't happen" but I don't expect anything

zkylon

zkylewd
Valve didn't lay this to rest tho, apparently the NDA Marc signed 10 years ago just expired.

they have essentially done so by not talking about it for years now

they used to toy with expectations and jokes and shit, nowadays they're just quiet about it

Secret of Mana Steam page

... and it's region locked for me.

giphy.gif

Ascheroth

So it's coming?!
40$/40€ tho apparently. On the 'buy it in a sale eventually'-list it goes. Still haven't even tried Setsuna...

I'm going to go with "it's not up yet". SteamDB lists it as Unknown App 637670.
I figured it was either that or they wanted to regionblock Australia and mistakenly selected Austria, because as we all know, there's only a 1 syllable difference between those two with japanese pronunciation.

Monooboe

Remake of Secret of Mana!? Hells yeah! Man I loved that game, imported it from the US day one back in the day, cost me an arm and a leg but it was so worth it, I pretty much spent an entire week playing nonstop in coop. I've been meaning to go back to it and play through it again but I'll just wait for the remake.

Tizoc

40$/40€ tho apparently. On the 'buy it in a sale eventually'-list it goes. Still haven't even tried Setsuna...

I figured it was either that or they wanted to regionblock Australia and mistakenly selected Austria, because as we all know, there's only a 1 syllable difference between those two with japanese pronunciation.
Play setsuna already
Imo it is pretty underwhelming and feels uninspired in some points
Still i hope their next gamenis better

TheTrain

That's where I am right now, I'm not in rage..i'm only sad. Time to move on

The ending itself doesn't give any closure at all and knowing that Alyx was probably being set up to be the protagonist going forward makes the fact that none of this will ever happen even more depressing, since it's a character I really love.

So yeah, thanks Marc for giving us a glimse into what could've been, but the story will stay unresolved forever, in a franchise that contains some of the best games ever made which have sold many millions of copies and belongs to a publisher with almost unlimited resources.

Deques

Yo JaseC, how can one wishlist a game on Steam without accessing the page?

We'll likely see the Eng. release announcement some time later. I will give them a little credit for putting up a JP Steam page at least.

I thought changing the currency to yen would help, but it didn't

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What ??
What DLC ? I bought the game at launch and I know nothing about that.

I'd guess it's the "special item bundle" mentioned in the GOG news post.

Yo JaseC, how can one wishlist a game on Steam without accessing the page?

Go to a store page of something else, note the app ID, open your browser's web dev console (F12 in Firefox), and input this, substituting appid with the actual app ID:

Code:
javascript:AddToWishlist( appid);

Deques

Go to a store page of something else, note the app ID, open your browser's web dev console (F12 in Firefox), and input this, substituting appid with the actual app ID:

Code:
javascript:AddToWishlist( appid);

Hm... it didn't work. I tried with another game and it worked

JaseC

Hm... it didn't work. I tried with another game and it worked

Yeah, apparently it doesn't work for games whose store pages aren't available (I couldn't add Worlds Adrift). Looks like your only option there is to connect to a VPN and temporarily change your store region.

lazerfox

I have the items from the bundle but it's not listed as DLC on steam. So I'm guessing it's included in the steam version.

Either way it's just some face plates and consumables, nothing really important.

JaseC

I have the items from the bundle but it's not listed as DLC on steam. So I'm guessing it's included in the steam version.

Either way it's just some face plates and consumables, nothing really important.

The apps are in the package but aren't displaying yet as they're still private. Said package was replaced with one that doesn't have them, so the items are most definitely not in the game by default (that and the GOG news post says "free for a limited time").

Edit: As implied would be the case, the bundle is now available separately on GOG. Crisis potentially averted. ;)

Ascheroth

The apps are in the package but aren't displaying yet as they're still private. Said package was replaced with one that doesn't have them, so the items are most definitely not in the game by default (that and the GOG news post says "free for a limited time").

Edit: As implied would be the case, the bundle is now available separately on GOG. Crisis potentially averted. ;)
Those are some bad value DLCs. 7€ for a bunch of consumables and visual accessories? 10€ for what is essentially level boosters? Yikes. Hopefully that money goes at least directly into the localization of the Crossbell games :p

I need to check which of those were included in the launch edition when I get home. The 7€ pack I know for sure, but I'm not entirely sure about the Shining Pom pack, but I think it was.
Wish the extra costumes would have been included instead, they look great :(

The leaked script for the Episode 3 sounded interesting, I hope nos people Just accept the series is dead and stops asking for HL3 in every Valve related thread, we should move and start to ask for Stars of Blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom