• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I just beat Sonic 1, while using a mod/hack that injects the Spindash into the game.
This particular hack affected the camera a bit; in the original games, you can Hold Up or Down to see the areas above and beneath you, but the camera would only zoom after a few seconds.
With the hack I used the zoom is instant. This isn't a gamebreaker but it was rather jarring at certain points :p

All in all I still find Sonic 1 holds up; it's a platformer of the 16 bit era and it shows. Memorization of stages helps a lot in finding the more convenient path to beat it, like the secret platform in Labyrinth Zone Act 1 that lets you go past much of the underwater area.

Bosses are easy, though the final boss is mostly time consuming since you need to guess which pillar he'd be hiding in.

Also NEVER TAKE THE LOWER PATH IN SCRAP BRAIN ACT 1.

ezodagrom

Will Naruto 3 get a new port I wonder
No, but, on Steam's DB, both Naruto 3 and 4 have builds more recent than the current public builds, though those unreleased builds haven't been updated in months, there's still a chance they could receive these updates today?

Naruto 3:
public build id - 178051
ns3fb_qa build id - 1739199 (5 months ago)

Naruto 4:
public build id - 1591897
nsuns4_0108_rc build id - 1780066 (4 months ago)
https://steamdb.info/app/234670/depots/
https://steamdb.info/app/349040/depots/

ezodagrom

The fourth game already got the 60 fps patch
Yeah, but there's still a more recent build of the 4th game than the current public build.
The 60fps patch also has some issues currently, such as assists recovering twice faster and menus being somewhat unresponsive/twitchy.

Tonton

4pW5oHY.png

Fuckin LOL

Anno

Has Square ever remade a game that didn't look significantly uglier than the original game? Maybe that FF1 remake for the PSP? I remember that looking nice.

I really hated how Valve created so many restrictions around buying and trading, just for AAA publishers to raise the prices to US prices or above.

Even then its horrible that so many games from Japan like One Piece arent even available for japanese customers...

Besides that that game is also locked in China again. I dont get it. PW3 is locked, Burning Blood was unlocked in February, this game is locked again...

a little bit, but not significantly so

combat did get a ton of improvements and has a shit ton of variety, so i would recommend it still

it's also good to demo it for free before buying it cos for me it ran like shit

Destructible environment is a literal game changer, dropping enemies from structures is a very useful tactic. However I'm not sure how much the game's performance has improved, it ran like shit at launch.

thnx, i'll give it a try to see what performance i'll get

Ladekabel

Started Wuppo. Looks neat but I'll probably never get used to a 2D game being controlled by keyboard eventhough a mouse is required for the aiming.

Parsnip

I think I'm coming around of the SoM remake art. It's not the greatest, but looking at some of the gameplay shots, it's fine.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A Long Road Home -- MB-61E9E34F66DDF992 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

Nilua

This brazilian price for One Piece has to be a mistake, it's way beyond the usual conversion from Bandai.

Each passing day I fear the moment Valve will change their standard conversion rates and even indie games will raise prices

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
This brazilian price for One Piece has to be a mistake, it's way beyond the usual conversion from Bandai.

Each passing day I fear the moment Valve will change their standard conversion rates and even indie games will raise prices

Valve only suggests prices, publishers set them.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I don't really get why Mark Laidlaw did that, but I also don't get why people think it proves HL is dead or that "nothing was done" for ten years.

Still, what an odd thing to wake up to.

Mivey

I don't really get why Mark Laidlaw did that, but I also don't get why people think it proves HL is dead or that "nothing was done" for ten years.
So believe that HL3 is actively being worked on, and could come out one day? Well, then, could I direct you to this exclusive list of great bridges I have for sale?

Even then its horrible that so many games from Japan like One Piece arent even available for japanese customers...

Besides that that game is also locked in China again. I dont get it. PW3 is locked, Burning Blood was unlocked in February, this game is locked again...
When the day comes that Valve starts banning key activation with VPN, you're truly fucked.

Obviously he sees this as the only chance to let his story to be known by the world, spoiling an ongoing project makes no sense whatsoever.

My first thought about the HL script being put out was "I wonder if Valve is gonna make any statement on this" but then I remembered it's Valve so radio silence.

jtb

Banned
as with most videogame mythologies that are built around relatively lightweight plots (whic is just about all of them), the Half Life mythos becomes less interesting the more you learn about it.

the plot was never anything to write home about.

cyba89

Let it go. It's dead.

Laidlaw still worked for Valve til January 2016. He wouldn't have wrote this blog post if Valve actively worked on that project during that time or if he had any hope that this game comes to frutition in the next ten years. I think the last paragraph of the blog post also makes this pretty clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom