• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Momodora will still be getting 30% discounts in 10 years

Wok

Will Origins be on Steam, or will the game be exclusive to Origin?

UFO 50, a collection of 50 games from 5 indie developers. http://50games.fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wqZi1smZOg

From the creators of Spelunky, Downwell, Time Barons, Skorpulac, and Madhouse.

UFO 50 - PC
Q4Y0oYE.jpg

http://50games.fun/

UFO 50 is a collection of 50 single and multiplayer games from the creators of Spelunky, Downwell, Time Barons, Skorpulac, and Madhouse. Jump in and explore a variety of genres, from platformers and shoot 'em ups to puzzle games and RPGs. Our goal is to combine a familiar 8-bit aesthetic with new ideas and modern game design sensibilities.

The picture is nice.

it's a ubisoft game, so it'll be on uplay

it'll probably be on steam just like the other games, but it'll require uplay on top of steam. just look at how unity and syndicate work.

Argh, I forgot about Uplay.

Cels

Will Origins be on Steam, or will the game be exclusive to Origin?

it's a ubisoft game, so it'll be on uplay

it'll probably be on steam just like the other games, but it'll require uplay on top of steam. just look at how unity and syndicate work.

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is an underrated gem of FPS, using the fantasy setting very well instead of guns and modern equipment. Lot of fun can be had using ice on the floor then an explosive blast to make enemies fall to their doom as just one example. Stabbing always works too.

I love that game, and I played the inferior Xbox 360 version. Gameplay was fun and the level design was great. I also like the different classes you can choose, because they really change the way you play.

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is an underrated gem of FPS, using the fantasy setting very well instead of guns and modern equipment. Lot of fun can be had using ice on the floor then an explosive blast to make enemies fall to their doom as just one example. Stabbing always works too.

The main series, Heroes of Might & Magic, are okay to great strategy games depending on which number entry you try out. All board based lining up of units and choosing what order to fight, which of your heroes goes best against the line up of your enemies, and this can be a lot of fun to figure out.
If you want to give one a try V I think is the easiest and most straight forward to get into with a more straight forward learning curve.You can find out if you like the series with that.

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes looks somewhat like Heroes of Might & Magic, but it's actually a puzzle game rather than a strategy game. It's far more about just figuring out the best order to get the best results, move combos, and and just figuring out how things work.
It's not a long game and some of it's roots as a handheld title show up in the PC version, but I think it's a lot of good fun and worth checking out for any puzzle fan.

Thanks, but I was talking about the mainline series, not the heroes one.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Watching that Origins vid

Why bother using "4k" if the detail settings are on medium?

Ultra 1080p that sucker

Ever since post WinXP or some such when Microsoft killed hardware sound I get additional audio latency. Sometimes it can get very noticeable in games with lipsync. I wonder how much the engine factors into it.

I killed the audio processing shit on my old Xi-Fi for some improvement. My USB headphones are a separate driver and they also have the latency. I guess I could kill the surround there too.

Just doesn't look great to me

Also the lip syncing is way off

Haven't watched the footage I was just basing it off my own experience. If I have to drop a game down from 1440p there's a good chance I just won't even play it. Sub-native res almost never looks good.

AHA-Lambda

Spend all that money on a gaming rig, then you get a job where you bloody travel all the time >__>

Think I'll need to get myself a gaming laptop at this rate.

Monooboe

Spend all that money on a gaming rig, then you get a job where you bloody travel all the time >__>

Think I'll need to get myself a gaming laptop at this rate.

I've been looking at gaming laptops recently and there actually seem to be quite a few of them that actually seem good. Excluding for battery time of course.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Father_Brain, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
ONE PIECE BURNING BLOOD -- MB-449E0394F948815B - Taken by claytonlee101. 38 entrants total.
Offworld Trading Company -- MB-1E2F07512E9BE83D - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 32 entrants total.

t1502135250z1.png

I'm curious about some hidden object games, let's see if someguyinahat is around...

Hidden Object Bundle 4 in 1

The bundle is on sale, is it worth it?

Aaron D.

Man, the Giant Bomb Quick Look for Slime Rancher really sells the game. I might have to check it out.

In related news, damn Ben does a good job piloting this vid. He's really come into is own on the team and has an ease and quick wit that's really fun to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom