• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu(e)

Finished Alien: Isolation. I enjoyed it but If there was ever a game in need of trimming, it would be this.

One of the more stressful games I've played. Had to walk and crouch almost everywhere otherwise the Alien would just pop up and ruin me. Not to mention dealing with those creepy Working Joes.

Overall really enjoyable game that stayed way longer than it needed to be.

Madventure

9wjbjS0l.jpg

First expansion for Grim Dawn has an official title now, apparently they're still aiming for Q3 2017 for its release so they still have the rest of August and September for it. Though they haven't officially announced a release date beyond that.

Very excited for it!

Adding two new Classes, expanding more on their original systems, and lots more

There's way too much to explain about it in detail here but if you want to learn more about it the Devs have been doing a sneak peek thing every two weeks or so for awhile on their forums:

Grim Dawn Dev Forums

9wjbjS0l.jpg

First expansion for Grim Dawn has an official title now, apparently they're still aiming for Q3 2017 for its release so they still have the rest of August and September for it. Though they haven't officially announced a release date beyond that.

Very excited for it!

Adding two new Classes, expanding more on their original systems, and lots more

There's way too much to explain about it in detail here but if you want to learn more about it the Devs have been doing a sneak peek thing every two weeks or so for awhile on their forums:

Grim Dawn Dev Forums

Wow, sounds good!

This might be the right time to properly restart my playthrough from scratch.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wish fidel had a user system or something. i've sat like 6 people in front of me to play it and all of them have found themselves overwhelmed with all the mechanics i had already unlocked

would be really nice to have a way to show them a fresh start without having to lose all my progress

tho at this point i can clear the regular mode fairly easy

Vlad

i wish fidel had a user system or something. i've sat like 6 people in front of me to play it and all of them have found themselves overwhelmed with all the mechanics i had already unlocked

would be really nice to have a way to show them a fresh start without having to lose all my progress

tho at this point i can clear the regular mode fairly easy

There's so many games that need to have multiple profiles built in. At this point, you'd think everybody would know better.

bbd23

Just paying it forward. who knows how this will turn out but it is interesting!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bbd23, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice -- MB-5180008A91471298 - Taken by madjoki. 46 entrants total.

t1502176046z1.png

Nice giveaway.

Btw. anyone knows some good local coop games released in the last year or so? My wife and me enjoyed Overcooked, finished it and it lacked content imo. Any other good local coop games?

Nice giveaway.

Btw. anyone knows some good local coop games released in the last year or so? My wife and me enjoyed Overcooked, finished it and it lacked content imo. Any other good local coop games?

Still in early access (I think), but Vagante is really good. Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is also great.

Is there any way to remove achievements from my profile, from games I've removed from my account? For example, I had Nexuiz removed from my account (by support, this is before they added the feature to do it yourself) since it's pretty much dead, but I still have achievements tied to my account. It's like this for a few other games too.

Short of finding somebody with those games willing to family share or something, I'm not sure if I can do anything.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any way to remove achievements from my profile, from games I've removed from my account? For example, I had Nexuiz removed from my account (by support, this is before they added the feature to do it yourself) since it's pretty much dead, but I still have achievements tied to my account. It's like this for a few other games too.

Short of finding somebody with those games willing to family share or something, I'm not sure if I can do anything.

http://gib.me/sam/

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Shroud of the Avatar -- MB-589F7CC0FD9087E8 - Taken by rainking187

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition -- MB-E3412911CF0058BC - Taken by TheGreenArrow

Lain

I've got to watch the whole of Korra in the span of a few days and the show, especially the ending, is still kinda stuck in my head. I keep thinking about the end and wanting to see a followup with the adventures of Korra and Asami.

So when I saw some of the images on this store-page on Steam the first image that popped in my head was again about the avatar show.

Edit: I know Wok already posted about this game but hey, more publicity for it!

I've got to watch the whole of Korra in the span of a few days and the show, especially the ending, is still kinda stuck in my head. I keep thinking about the end and wanting to see a followup with the adventures of Korra and Asami.

So when I saw some of the images on this store-page on Steam the first image that popped in my head was again about the avatar show.

Edit: I know Wok already posted about this game but hey, more publicity for it!

There is a follow-up, only it is in graphic novel form. I hope they can do a show around it at some point

Ascheroth

I like it because you need to make sure about your initial character placement for the start of battle. You gotta ask yourself if you're in a zone with a high concentraition of enemies with AoEs. If you are, then you sacrifice group buffs for survivability. Being grouped up in an ambush like that results in quick death. If you're in a zone with single target heavy hitters then group up for group buffs. Finally a recent JRPG that requires thought for combat. (I haven't played the other games in the series.)
Tbh I never changed the initial character placement so far (Chapter 3 now).
I can't do without my group buffs :/ That's why I prefer preventing enemies from using their AoEs :p Half of Class VII has Crafts with Impede, which cancels Arts. Rean's Autumn Leaf Cutter is especially nice for that, even more so because his initial Master Quartz makes him a CP recovery beast.
Doesn't work against non-Art AoEs though for obvious reasons.

FoneBone

Crysis 2: terrible as a sequel to the first game, pretty fun in its own right as a linear cinematic FPS, way too sparse in its checkpoints.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Unfortunately that's the issue, you have to own the game/family share it. I had a bunch of junk on my dupe account I was able to access and remove through that, but not everything.

Ah, bugger. I thought they may be listed since your account technically still has the achievement data attached to it.

You could try asking Valve to reinstate the licences. It's possible they were just disabled as that's exactly what the game removal tool does, which is why it can also be used to re-enable a package you'd earlier decided to "permanently" remove.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of bbd23, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bbd23, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice -- MB-5180008A91471298 - Taken by madjoki. 46 entrants total.

t1502176046z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-38C5FA9737A9D179 - Taken by Eila
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-D09BEAA0BE06B2D5 - Taken by sadblob
Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-8D70A70FDA2A4B64 - Taken by dot

Stuff:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ctw0e, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Choice Chamber -- MB-1A0F40BE795C79E0 - Taken by fuzzy123
Killing Floor -- MB-EB5614527C339385 - Taken by abelasabel
Windward -- MB-28A6E979A6151504 - Taken by Sarcasm

Leftover keys from the Telltale Humble Bundle

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Carl-Sagan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days -- MB-3E1B2CB3F9DF030B
The Walking Dead: Michonne -- MB-59AE480C9FFDBEDB - Taken by fspm. 10 entrants total.
The Walking Dead: Season 1 -- MB-03677D84C8996532
The Walking Dead: Season 2 -- MB-461E327B7E5C0275 - Taken by ctw0e. 3 entrants total.

t1502185245z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mivey, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 43 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mivey, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-B61E147CAE4D292F - Taken by famfrit. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold Crusader 2 -- MB-AE073B72D12F09DB - Taken by Javier23. 4 entrants total.
140 -- MB-EA4567ACAA1F5703
Beholder -- MB-302097CC3108C76F - Taken by Jalal. 8 entrants total.
Bit Blaster XL -- MB-B6A74EEDAD25937F
Chroma Squad -- MB-DC19713C7A0398EC
Coin Crypt -- MB-1E9DAC036A8B0377
Contraption Maker -- MB-CECBE7745DDE917B - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Contraption Maker #2 -- MB-68AD995A546CE508
Crashlands -- MB-73ABE7AFD155C7CA - Taken by Monooboe. 7 entrants total.
Curious Expedition -- MB-73259A5FCD81AA86 - Taken by Zeknurn. 12 entrants total.
DEADBOLT -- MB-C7386792F81578D2 - Taken by kionedrik. 17 entrants total.
DeadCore -- MB-FF88ABD425711A4B - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 2 entrants total.
Door Kickers -- MB-A1405583262DC78D - Taken by Zeneric. 7 entrants total.
Duet -- MB-DC27542C60574042
Dungeons 2 -- MB-92C43B58474FAA10
Else Heart.Break() -- MB-4842D49DF5ADCD69 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 2 entrants total.
Epic Battle Fantasy 4 -- MB-7CB179C870E48C90 - Taken by PaulSane. 4 entrants total.
Evoland 2 -- MB-B7095C6E9A7CE8E8 - Taken by lazerfox. 8 entrants total.
Expand - Soundtrack Edition -- MB-475E79AE579DCD92
FORCED -- MB-CAFE3E033BE364EC
Goat Simulator: GOATY -- MB-6EDF1C08A85CDAF8 - Taken by Zeeman. 9 entrants total.
Homefront -- MB-9B60FF1D4EC417AC - Taken by alr1ght. 5 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-4E73D615A4506DDF
Lost Planet 3 Complete Pack -- MB-8278D2BE13D3F568 - Taken by Dec. 14 entrants total.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime -- MB-F0FFF50B88B1B47F - Taken by spindoctor. 9 entrants total.
MirrorMoon EP -- MB-2558590FB6096DF2 - Taken by KainXVIII. 4 entrants total.
Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe -- MB-4B46AF250AE79BD4 - Taken by Vlad. 6 entrants total.
Pixel Piracy -- MB-E83F54A54B10F29E
Platformines -- MB-3E97D5007BEFF7F7 - Taken by longlivegaming. 1 entrants total.
Regency Solitaire -- MB-08D2F0DE31A77EB3 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 6 entrants total.
Rust (Early Access) -- MB-D52817B822C1AE2C - Taken by Grug. 5 entrants total.
Sacred Franchise Pack -- MB-F9ADCBFA25E87FD3 - Taken by Madventure. 8 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-75FE6CC591624DCA
Saints Row The Third -- MB-58083F370C03F835 - Taken by Platy. 2 entrants total.
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse -- MB-B8CC44339ABA77A4 - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 10 entrants total.
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga -- MB-B0352F892BC17475 - Taken by Grief.exe. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter - Balance of Power Campaigns -- MB-08C5C238BBC495CA - Taken by laserlaser. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance -- MB-05A53B0E0EC7C645 - Taken by KenOD. 4 entrants total.
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings -- MB-9ED9ACFF24F84189 - Taken by Zia. 1 entrants total.
Tulpa -- MB-95EC93F047CD03FB
Windward -- MB-B2828E323439543C - Taken by Jalal. 5 entrants total.
Ziggurat -- MB-3B848A8BD50686AF - Taken by yuraya. 7 entrants total.

t1502220645z1.png

He apparently hit a literal game-breaking bug, and with only one save slot, he can't progress. (Though I'll hasten to add I haven't watched the review, just heard this is what happened).

This is what happened. But logic would tell me that the reviewer should contact the developper maybe ? At least to resolve the issue asap ?
The guy likely sat on this for days just to be like "mouhahahaaha 1/10 !!"

Hektor

I just got spoiled on an element of hellblade thanks to total angry YouTube biscuit and it got me legit excited for hellblades.

Could it be the first great written ninja theory game?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Flat Heroes -- MB-EDC6EB9A437A0BB2 - Taken by rainking187
Metrico Plus -- MB-8CD78918E9DE4E3A - Taken by Shalashaska
Space Run Galaxy -- MB-A430AF20B2BDFD20 - Taken by voodooray

This is what happened. But logic would tell me that the reviewer should contact the developper maybe ? At least to resolve the issue asap ?
The guy likely sat on this for days just to be like "mouhahahaaha 1/10 !!"
Maybe he did.

IGN had contacted Arkane about Prey save corruption issue, but it didn't get reaolved. Ended up with "good game, 4/10".

zkylon

zkylewd
There's so many games that need to have multiple profiles built in. At this point, you'd think everybody would know better.

well considering i've temporarily canned my game's profile system cos fuck it i'm trying to build a game here and everything is on fire and can't fix game bugs if i'm fixing this shit i can admit i relate to the struggle of those usability features

i'll add it back at some point tho

my game doesn't need it as hard as fidel tho

Mephala

So I guess I haven't really been keeping tabs on Steam too much. But I saw Cold Steel in my Discovery Queue so I took a dive in to add to wishlist and there is some serious seedy shit on Steam it seems? Did it slip through the cracks or does Steam now allow full on porn games?

And yes, it is an actual porno game, light google research confirmed it. I'm not sure if it has been censored for steam release or something but it honestly looks pretty abhorrent.

Is there a way to stop this stuff from appearing in my queues and recommendations or anywhere really? It suggested it to me because I played and liked Rakuen (think To The Moon if you're not familiar). I feel like its an insult to Rakuen at this point.
NSFW
http://i.imgur.com/bf0WEmB.png

Have I been living under a rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom