• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Firefox is not supporting legacy add-ons anymore ... which means all my 20 add-ons will be unusable.

What browser am I supposed to use now??

I must be able to navigate with lightning speed via mouse (like right-clicking and dragging mouse left/right to switch tabs), which isn't possible in Chrome.

DocSeuss

Anyone know why I can't get the original Bulletstorm to launch on Steam? I'm workin on it for an article and I'm going to have to use my 360 version to get footage if I can't get the Steam version to launch.

The fix suggested in discussions (uninstall GFWL and install the latest build of GFWL from the site) does nothing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone know why I can't get the original Bulletstorm to launch on Steam? I'm workin on it for an article and I'm going to have to use my 360 version to get footage if I can't get the Steam version to launch.

The fix suggested in discussions (uninstall GFWL and install the latest build of GFWL from the site) does nothing.

oops you said to launch, not buy, my bad.

055644ed1ddbfeb90c584b998e3baadd.gif

High-Quality Steam Content™

I'm actually okay with this.

Madventure

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Bulletstorm#Play_without_Games_for_Windows_-_LIVE

I dunno I just googled stuff

Supposedly that works for people as of the 27th but if you've been looking around you might of seen it already? Dunno

Tonton

That Ni no Kuni price, will get it in a deep, deep sale

Those minimum specs tho my pc is sweating

They're charging more than Tales and have less language options?
Why is there no Pt-BR

Tizoc

Awwwwwwwwwwww yessssssss
Glad I held out on getting the PS4 ver. X3
Grabbing Rez day 1 to finally find out what all the hubbub is about.

No No Kuni II's regional pricing really surprised me, Bamco has been selling big titles at around $40 (Dark Souls III, Project Cars 2), but now it's a full $60.

Sale it is then.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is the Police's intro is super cool, still no idea what the actual game is, but it sure has a style.

Rhaknar

reviews (well, steam reviews) for Evil Genome seem quite good, with most saying the biggest issue is the rough translation and non-sensical anime story (which isnt helped by the bad translation), but the metroidvania-ness is apparently quite good, as is the combat and skill tree.

Interesting.

Lain

Evil Genome's first impression isn't neither positive nor negative.

Game is pretty, animations are nice, performances are fine but then there is no way (that I've found) to skip text, so if you have read what the NPCs talk about and don't want to wait up for the VA to finish talking, tough luck. Same thing if you died and have to go over stuff you've already seen.
Loading needs to be ironed out. Watching the initial cutscene only to be greeted with a loading right after is silly. You're supposed to load while the cutscene plays otherwise, what's the point.
VA is weak imo.
I also have an issue with not being able to use the sword when ducking. She can fire the pistol but not slash away and it annoys me.

I'll have to revisit this later on.

bbd23

At the International they just showed a teaser for a new game valve was working on called Artifact (just basically a logo)

its a dota card game coming in 2018

I just tried the beta DirectX9 + Turbo Mode in Trails in the Sky FC, and it's pretty awesome!

You hold a button to activate Turbo Mode. The game runs faster, but the music keeps playing at the usual speed and the in-game play time indicator also keeps logging your time at the usual speed. Very good.

On my first try, performance in the DirectX9 version was very bad, but then I enabled Hardware Vertex Shader (following Sara's advice) and the game ran even better than the default version. Awesome work, xseed!

Bear in mind it's still in beta, but everyone can try it after installing the latest update. Right-click the game in your library and there will be an option to run the beta version. There's also a DX9 version of the config tool; you should run it prior to starting the DX9 version of the game.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I recall having crash-on-launch issues with Unreal games (Mass Effect 2, Deadly Premonition) of that era due to physx driver wonkiness--they required older physx drivers that newer nvidia installers didn't bother installing.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.10.0513-driver.html

I think that might be the right driver, but I got the url off one of those shady registery cleaner sites. I also recall having trouble installing legacy physx drivers because the nvidia installer would understandably go "No, use these newer drivers", but that linked installer seemed to unpack it's stuff just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom