• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is kind of rare, isn't it? I think this is only the second or third time I've seen a game get removed from Steam before it was released, not counting when a couple of Ubisoft games were temporarily removed.

Well, many have, but I'd wager you could count those that were pulled specifically because of a DMCA takedown request on one hand (or thereabouts).

Tizoc

Yoooo this new puzzle game looks neat
http://store.steampowered.com/app/677720/Tangrams_Deluxe/
header.jpg

A tangram is a chinese logic puzzle where you must fit seven pieces into a target shape without any overlapping. Enjoy solving over 200 puzzles in Tangram Deluxe!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oof, the amount of EA games I have on my wishlist (well not anymore since im removing all of them) with very negative reviews because (apprently) they are basically abandonware is... a shame.

Wok

oof, the amount of EA games I have on my wishlist (well not anymore since im removing all of them) with very negative reviews because (apprently) they are basically abandonware is... a shame.

This is what happens when you don't follow my recommendations.

These two EA games have a demo: try them and maybe decide to add them to your wishlist. ;)

For you guys that played both, if I wanted a classic JRPG should I go with TitS or Cosmic Star Heroine? Which game has the better combat?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is what happens when you don't follow my recommendations.

These two EA games have a demo: try them and maybe decide to add them to your wishlist. ;)

you realise my wishlist is over a thousand games. And I own Crosscode and the other is already wishlisted. I basically just wack everything that looks remotely interesting in there, not that ill ever buy any of it.

speaking of crosscode, that shit needs to come out of EA lready so I can play it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The music in Regency Solitaire is ace. Didn't expect that. Story on the other hand is pretty barebones, so I'm kind of disappointed in that. The actual solitaire part is pretty fun and actually rather difficult.

Hektor

Valve threads in a nutshell

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What a piece of shit garbage company. I never thought I'd praise EA, but at least their game store works well and features new games funded and produced by them. They ruin studios and franchises, but at least there's a game! At least when CDPROJEKT does another card game they're still developing HUGE videogame projects and not just making millions off gun skins for a shooter that's been practically the same since 1999! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Rhaknar

Hero Defense (most generic name ever I know), one of the better looking TD games out there (if youre into those) is apparently getting a new version and you will get upgraded if you own it.

You cant buy the current one anymore.

Erheller

For you guys that played both, if I wanted a classic JRPG should I go with TitS or Cosmic Star Heroine? Which game has the better combat?

Cosmic Star Heroine has a really fun combat system, but it was a bit of a disappointment in the story and character departments. If you really like SNES JRPG's, it's basically a love letter to those, and there are some neat references to them.

TitS combat isn't bad by any means (just a little bit slow, but it's just been updated to include turbo mode), and it has fantastic characters and worldbuilding. TitS is definitely a slow burn - it takes its time developing the world and characters, so it takes a while to get started. But once it does, it absolutely pays off.

Both are very solid JRPG's, but for different reasons. I liked Cosmic Star Heroine, but the Kiseki series (which TitS is the first part of) is my absolute favorite JRPG series.

oni-link

I'm onto the final chapter of Valkyria Chronicles

Any tips?

I've enjoyed this game but some missions have been a slog, and I have a feeling these last two missions are going to be a slog

ArjanN

header.jpg

just noticed that i have Sine Mora EX in my library because I own the original.

didn't even know that they were updating this game.

the differences, according to the steam page, are:

• 16:9 Aspect ratio (instead of 16:10 which is still an option)
  • Full English Voice Overs (Original Hungarian ones are still available as an option)
  • Local co-op for up to 2 players in Story mode
  • 3 New versus modes: Race, Tanks, Dodgeball
  • New challenge levels
  • Improved Rendering
  • Native 4k at 60 FPS

Just played some and it seems like a solid update to the original game.

any good? did we know it was coming? seems weird nobody is talking about it.

game is Damascus Gear Operation Tokyo btw

Probably getting snowed under by all the other smaller game releases.

That it is. But I do quite enjoy watching people shit themselves so hard and do the feral chest beating for their favourite brands. It's fucking hilarious!

Eh, can't really say Valve hasn't earned at least some level of shittalking though.

Erheller

I'm onto the final chapter of Valkyria Chronicles

Any tips?

I've enjoyed this game but some missions have been a slog, and I have a feeling these last two missions are going to be a slog

Been a while since I've played, but I found a pretty easy way to cheese it if you can deal with the towers. Equip the Shamrock with a machine gun. First turn, set up two machine gunners to the side of the tank so that if the machine gunner in the middle attacks, the Shamrock and the other machine gunner will attack. Then once you deal with the towers every turn, just shoot the boss with the middle machine gunner (and by proxy, the Shamrock and other machine gunner) until it dies.

Hopefully that helps, it's been a really long time since I played that game.

fuzaco

I'm near the end of FC right now and I'm loving the game so much... I know I should head straight to SC when I finish this, but I'm actually considering playing it again so I can get all of the achievements.

I bet you will jump straight into SC after FC's ending. :)

Madventure

So Lawbreakers & Mirage Arcane Warfare are going to fight each other to the death on which game sucks more ass for 30$ for multiplayer only, I'm sure there's another more recent one I missed but those are the only ones I paid attention to at the moment.

J7040x4l.gif

dex3108

So Lawbreakers & Mirage Arcane Warfare are going to fight each other to the death on which game sucks more ass for 30$ for multiplayer only, I'm sure there's another more recent one I missed but those are the only ones I paid attention to at the moment.

J7040x4l.gif

I think that Mirage Arcane Warfare will win in that battle.

J7040x4l.gif

I played the LawBreakers betas and the game is actually pretty good. The problem is that it didn't have a lot of marketing, and most people think it's an Overwatch clone. Mirage, on the other hand... ew.

Dec

I beat FC 13 months ago and still haven't played SC even though I owned it before I beat FC. AMA.

I liked it but it's a daunting task to undertake. These games are long.

Nzyme32

Eh, can't really say Valve hasn't earned at least some level of shittalking though.

I suppose I just don't care enough about companies or games to have that kind of sensation. There are plenty things I like and hate about different companies and what games they release, but not to that extent. This case is particularly amusing though.

Anything to get announced at TI is always Dota related so its either going to be a campaign mode, character, feature etc etc - more so this isn't even the peak of the event nor was it even at the end - it was plopped in between a match part way through the day like the comedy skits they've shown (which adds to the hilarity), so the announcements tend to be trivial - eg a new courier. If there was some long build up of saying this was a "AAA" game or something, sure I'd understand. Instead you have practical diarrhoea in that thread over it when most were not even watching or expecting it - that's just funny to me.
I simply don't feel that way for any game or company

Ascheroth

I beat FC 13 months ago and still haven't played SC even though I owned it before I beat FC. AMA.

You monster.

Thankfully turbo mode is now hear to un-daunt some of it :p

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I suppose I just don't care enough about companies or games to have that kind of sensation. There are plenty things I like and hate about different companies and what games they release, but not to that extent. This case is particularly amusing though.

One of the problems with gaming culture, and "geek culture" in general, is so many people can't just go "Eh, this isn't for me" and move on.

Rhaknar

Troll and I is (still!) 49.99... what the fuck were they thinking

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

You monster.

Thankfully turbo mode is now hear to un-daunt some of it :p

I just want to re-iterate how INSANELY good the turbo mode addition is to "long" games like this. Yeah I played it though and took like 80 hours before this, I tried it again with the turbo mode and holy shit. THIS WILL SAVE YOU 20 hours. OR MORE. It allows you skip the shit that people hate in these games (repeated battle animations, long periods of running around the maps) and it won't skip the stuff you want (dialogue, cutscenes). It's a godsend.

Anything to get announced at TI is always Dota related so its either going to be a campaign mode, character, feature etc etc - more so this isn't even the peak of the event nor was it even at the end - it was plopped in between a match part way through the day like the comedy skits they've shown (which adds to the hilarity), so the announcements tend to be trivial - eg a new courier. If there was some long build up of saying this was a "AAA" game or something, sure I'd understand. Instead you have practical diarrhoea in that thread over it when most were not even watching or expecting it - that's just funny to me.
I simply don't feel that way for any game or company

I bet most people didn't even know there was a Dota event going on. They just saw the headlines "Valve announces new game" (looking at you Eurogamer) or "Valve announces dota card game", hell I think the thread title was initially "Valve announces Artifact" and then reacted to it. Not going to blame them one bit.

dex3108

Currently Hellblades is playing 4.6K players and that is almost exactly twice more players than LawBreakers. But to be honest i am surprised that LawBreakers is at 19K sold copies now. That is not much but i thought that it will be less.

yuraya

Currently Hellblades is playing 4.6K players and that is almost exactly twice more players than LawBreakers. But to be honest i am surprised that LawBreakers is at 19K sold copies now. That is not much but i thought that it will be less.

Maybe Steamspy counted the free beta users as owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom