• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get A Free Copy Of ‘Fusion Mars 2030 VR’ If You Sign Up For HP’s ‘Mars Home Planet’

https://launchforth.io/account/sign...rganization_slug=hpmars&redirect_url=/hpmars/

Steam Page

'MARS 2030 can also be experienced in non-VR.'

(Source)
thanks! its still available
I signed up for an account via that link and received a key in my email minutes later.
Nothing for me. Guess they finally ran out?

I'll update my post if I get anything.

Played through Tacoma last night. I didn't like very much. It has a paper thin story and the game just ends abruptly when the story actually starts going somewhere. You spend the rest of the game exploring the empty space station and watching these holographic replays of the people who worked there and the events that happened.

In a way it's similar to Gone Home where there was one main story driving the actual game forward and you had to glean other stories from notes and environmental clues. Except this time around the other characters are not interesting. They have fairly mundane lives and problems and it is just not entertaining to learn about them. The game does have a couple of interesting mechanics where you can rewind those replays and see events from different perspectives and there's some very light puzzle solving to figure out safe codes and stuff but otherwise it's kind of just a boring walk through a space station with very little payoff at the end.

Pretty disappointed with the game. Was really looking forward to it for a long time but I didn't like it anywhere as much as Gone Home.

I saw a poster a few pages back show they were using Gameplay Time Tracker. I was wondering if anybody else uses it and has run into the issue of games just showing up as "Steam" when they track instead of the name of the game.

It's a pretty cool application but I haven't been able to find any support information on it.

Stick to Firefox. The change will only be enforced for Firefox 57. And most good addons will be adapted: for instance, I know uBlock Origin and uMatrix have a beta version compatible with Firefox 57. Just leave a review on there asking for a webextension version.

I have made the move recently and it is fine: https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/collections/Wok/firefox-57-ready/

Yeah, I definitely want to stick to Firefox, but if the essential add-ons won't be supported I don't see a reason to. I'm currently looking into stuff like Waterfox or similar.

Tab Mix Plus, FireGestures, Classic Theme Restorer and Lazarus are must haves. Browsing without them is too damn slow/clunky.

zkylon

zkylewd
You play through the garbage that is God Eater, but don't even give the second best adventure game a passing chance? Your bad taste of games offends me.
i didn't score it which means i'm not saying it's bad. not everyone is always in the mood for the "second best adventure game" at the time they play it

'm also entitled to have different opinions from u. remember, my opinion doesn't invalidate urs!

Give Day of the Tentacle another try. It's wonderful.
i might watch a let's play of it at some point or something

the impression i got from playing a few hours of it was that adventure game logic was in full force in that game and not in a way i can attune my brain to like i did with monkey island 2, so i played for a bit and got both stuck and overwhelmed and figured out it'd better to play something else

also the humor didn't really work with me

but all of that was real early so it's not really a full opinion, just more of a first impressions thing and i tend to move on from games really quickly if they don't grab me right away

Played through Tacoma last night. I didn't like very much. It has a paper thin story and the game just ends abruptly when the story actually starts going somewhere. You spend the rest of the game exploring the empty space station and watching these holographic replays of the people who worked there and the events that happened.

In a way it's similar to Gone Home where there was one main story driving the actual game forward and you had to glean other stories from notes and environmental clues. Except this time around the other characters are not interesting. They have fairly mundane lives and problems and it is just not interesting to learn about them. The game does have a couple of interesting mechanics where you can rewind those replays and see events from different perspectives and there's some very light puzzle solving to figure out safe codes and stuff but otherwise it's kind of just a boring walk through a space station with very little payoff at the end.

Pretty disappointed with the game. Was really looking forward to it for a long time but I didn't like it anywhere as much as Gone Home.
it's really weird

i almost feel like they overshot it with like a bigger map and a bigger cast and a sci fi setting and whatnot so they had to downscale on the story and secrets and such

or something

idk, it didn't feel nearly as interesting or rewarding as gone home

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Yo, Kurt Russell.

Steam says you've been playing Agents of Mayhem. How is it? (also, are you in a beta or something?)

Yo, Kurt Russell.

Steam says you've been playing Agents of Mayhem. How is it? (also, are you in a beta or something?)

I like it (that kind of response isn't under NDA as far as I know)
It's very "Saints Row-esque" and the whole agents thing actually makes sense and adds a lot of depth to the gameplay as you get more squaddies. Sadly the radios don't have any licensed tracks as far as I can tell (I loved that in the SR games).

Coreda

lMVfK2d.png

Shouldn't the ratings column be sorting from best to worst according to the indicator in this image?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I like it (that kind of response isn't under NDA as far as I know)
It's very "Saints Row-esque" and the whole agents thing actually makes sense and adds a lot of depth to the gameplay as you get more squaddies. Sadly the radios don't have any licensed tracks as far as I can tell (I loved that in the SR games).
I like what I'm reading, thanks for the input :)
The trailers I saw didn't really sold me on it despite the fact I did enjoy the other SR games quite a bit, so at least this puts it back into my radar.

Also sorry for putting you on the spot, should've figured out it'd be NDA'd

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There should a "Stranger Things" dating sim.

I'm not sure where youre going with this except to a very creepy place.

It's a show with a bunch of 10 year olds. Like, where's the joke?

I'm not sure where youre going with this except to a very creepy place.

It's a show with a bunch of 10 year olds. Like, where's the joke?

There's a dating sim for fucking anything, it seems like. I'm just.... uh, morbidly fascinated is the word I guess.... at the things that exist on Steam.

The joke is that there's a dating sim where you can date sushi. So why not a retro sci-fi horror adventure? Obviously not with ten year olds. Perhaps I should have been way less creepy in explaining what I meant.

zkylon

zkylewd
There's a dating sim for fucking anything, it seems like. I'm just.... uh, morbidly fascinated is the word I guess.... at the things that exist on Steam.

The joke is that there's a dating sim where you can date sushi. So why not a retro sci-fi horror adventure? Obviously not with ten year olds. Perhaps I should have been way less creepy in explaining what I meant.
yeah probably lol

BasilZero

How is the Disgaea port on PC?

Its the best version imo. I played the PS2 version years ago but got this on PC as soon as I could.

Has all the content from the PSP version along with some PC exclusive features like for the graphics settings, etc.

New interface UI is great! The only downside to it when you check equipment, the color is a bit too light but other than that its a great port.

I've clocked 108 hours into it so far. Finished the main storyline and doing the sidequests/levels now.

You can switch between the UI/Interface from the original PS2 ver to the current PC ver

OG

New

Its highly worth it, wait for it to go on sale - I bought my copy when it was $8 on Bundle Stars.

There is one bug in one of the maps where if you use certain attacks, it crashes the game, not sure if it was fixed since I didnt try the map again.

Performance wise, it runs perfectly with all options max. This is on my 2010 desktop PC with a HD Radeon 7850 2GB and on my laptop PC from 2012 that has a Nvidia GeForce 745m.

Can anyone recommend a legit site to buy some steam wallet codes? Amazon only sells the psychical card for some reason, I tried pcgamesupply, but my order never goes through.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can anyone recommend a legit site to buy some steam wallet codes? Amazon only sells the psychical card for some reason, I tried pcgamesupply, but my order never goes through.

If you're in the US, then, as Chuck said, PayPal sells $20/$50/$100 codes: https://www.paypal-gifts.com/us/brands/steam-digital-wallet-code.html.

Edit: 2slow.

Edit edit: Their regional equivalents are also available in the UK, Germany and Austria (there's also a Canadian store but it doesn't have Steam Wallet codes).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not in the US, but I have a US PayPal so I figure I'll be able to buy the code, but now I'm wondering if the actual code is region restricted. Anyone know if they're region free?

Ah. Yeah, the codes are region-free and will auto-convert to whichever currency your account uses.

Arminsc

SUMMER10 for 10%

edit: The Layers of Fear guys next game comes out in 5 days :eek:

Observer, a cyberpunk horror game :eek:

any word on this?

Oh shit, remember seeing this 2 years ago at E3 and got super hyped since I loved Layers of Fear. Didn't know it was coming so soon!

Iirc you were a detective which had to investigate some kind of crime using a technology that allowed you to enter the mind/dreams of suspects and such. Want to see how it turns out.

zkylon

zkylewd
Have to echo this, I don't get the fuss for it.
not saying there's no fuss to be had, i haven't played enough to say for certain if i think it's good or not, it just never quite clicked with me in a way that made me want to go back to it

i do think a lot about giving it another shot but there's always something i'm more excited about

'Metal Gear Rising: hated god of war gameplay'

That might be the most.. interesting opinion on that list, and it's certainly full of.. interesting opinions.
i forget why i wrote that, it's like two words, probably as a joke, written in 2014

give me a break!

i haven't changed my opinion that mgr r sucks tho, i still think the enemy types are super irritating and unfun and i hate parrying and also it was for some reason hidden and i got super stuck in one boss fight because of it or something like that

also that game is so fucking ugly, it's like all brown and the first area after the first level (which is the only level i like) is like a fucking sewer

fuck off game lol i fucking hate sewers

Lain

Thanks. How long is it?

Haven't completed it yet so not sure.
The story is told over 3 books and I completed the first one in 1 hours and a half so I'd guess at least 4-5 hours long, more if replayed to see what the different choices bring to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom