• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perun

Yes the premise, concept, and even large portions of the UI were later seen in Torchlight. Runic Game's founder was one of the lead developers of the original FATE game. If you enjoyed Torchlight, you'll probably enjoy the Fate games.

I might pick it up then, Torchlight was great, too bad it has no multiplayer.

Hugstable

Banned
I bought a Wii U refurbished. Goodbye SteamGAF.

Jk. Unlike Salsa I'll still be around :p

Nice! Haha I'll still be sticking around here myself anyway even when I'm playing my Vita or Wii U, just like talking about Steam stuff since there is usually always something going on like new indie game releases, bundles and what not. Made sure you get Donkey Kong and Wonderful 101! Best games right thur

After reading the thread yesterday on completing 52 games within a year I have decided to it too in order to defeat my backlog of games, I have Dark Souls 1 and 2 in the list I know that they are legendary hardass games but how quickly can they be completed like a week or 2? O r will I crumble into a pile of dust just trying to beat them games.

Hugstable

Banned
Dark Souls is a fine wine, savour it. (I don't actually like wine)

It truly is. That whole first game was just amazing. I haven't played a game like that in so long and it just blew me away. Playing myself through Dark Souls 2, will get much more game time in later today :D.

Saty

With the deluge of 'simulators' in recent years, i'm surprised no one takes advantage of this period in the year to release a Back To School Simulator \ High School Simulator \ SimSchool and so forth.

Lomax

Myshkin

someone was begging for games? I wanna hear this story.
We were gathered for our weekly SteamGAF LAN party. For the past month we had heard scratchings at the door, but were too busy playing to investigate. This time there were scratchings too. After a particularly grueling mission we took a break. Sub Zero had brought cookies - yummy! Suddenly the door swung open with a bang. Was it the games police? Phil Fish? My ex? No. A strange creature rushed in and said "gimme the free games". It had 7697 hands and all of them were out. As we stared and blinked stupidly, it said "nice LAN party BTW".

Sharkiller

r1.jpg

r2c.gif

BETA KEY 1
BETA KEY 2
BETA KEY 3

Quote to reveal. Tell if you take one.
Dont want to add this free betas to my modbot count

I bought a Wii U refurbished. Goodbye SteamGAF.

Jk. Unlike Salsa I'll still be around :p

I would like one myself if I had more money to spend :(

Monster hunter 3 Ultimate
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Mario kart
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Mario world
Bayonetta 1/2
Smash

These ones alone should justify the purchase in my eyes.

Have fun!

dani_dc

lol. Well, it sure lacks in the Dungeon Crawling aspect.

I could never get into the social aspect of it as well as I did on P4, the evolution in the relations overall felt more limited (even after taking in account the smaller scope), and the stories just weren't particularly interesting.

Hugstable

Banned
We were gathered for our weekly SteamGAF LAN party. For the past month we had heard scratchings at the door, but were too busy playing to investigate. This time there were scratchings too. After a particularly grueling mission we took a break. Sub Zero had brought cookies - yummy! Suddenly the door swung open with a bang. Was it the games police? Phil Fish? My ex? No. A strange creature rushed in and said "gimme the free games". It had 7697 hands and all of them were out. As we stared and blinked stupidly, it said "nice LAN party BTW".

lol best description

Nice Thread btw

Gimmie Keys

Nice! Haha I'll still be sticking around here myself anyway even when I'm playing my Vita or Wii U, just like talking about Steam stuff since there is usually always something going on like new indie game releases, bundles and what not. Made sure you get Donkey Kong and Wonderful 101! Best games right thur
I have both already, been leeching off my friend's U for a while.
Feel free to add me if you want someone to race you on Mario Kart (info on profile).
Thanks, I probably will once I call Nintendo to deal with their shitty accounts (my NNID is on my friend's U since he got one first) and transfer my NNID from his console to my own.

Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Mario kart
Mario world
Bayonetta 1/2
Smash

Have fun!
I bought most of those during various deals at Target and such. I've had games for a while, just no U.

Love the library, system itself is... Eh. But we're all here for the games anyway.

Lomax

And yet while playing Cherry Tree High Comedy Club I can only think of it as inferior Persona 4.

From what I've heard of it, I'd love a version of Persona 4 to come out on PC. I'm guessing the odds of that are pretty slim though.

Haven't really been following thread, but any reason why the archeage game and dlc packs were removed from the store?

With everything they've been doing to f2p subscriptions and such, wouldn't surprise me if Valve didn't screw something up somewhere. I don't even show there being a store page for it currently. Can't imagine it was intentional, those packs have been in the top sellers for a while now.

Edit: Maybe they temp pulled it from the store to add more security?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08...h-unauthorised-transactions-from-trion-worlds

Of course my monitor is being un-cooperative today. I finally swhitched out my old-school monitor for an HD monitor, but now it doesnt want to turn on. Goddammit.

Hugstable

Banned
Anyone play Lethal League yet? I need some impressions before I jump in lol. The trailer looks all kinds of awesome but I want to make sure my card money goes to good games :p

Anyone else notice that Dark Souls 2 is now $40?

Already a price drop? Everyone should jump on this game if they even like the first one, it's just as good so far and I've been enjoying the heck out of it. It feels alot harder too even than the first game.

Lomax

Anyone else notice that Dark Souls 2 is now $40?

Incoming $10 winter sale price... and incoming complaints about how the DLC will only be 33% off.

Looks like South Park got a drop to $40 base price as well a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't noticed.

dani_dc

From what I've heard of it, I'd love a version of Persona 4 to come out on PC. I'm guessing the odds of that are pretty slim though.

I'd triple dip on Persona 4 if it came out for PC.
Completely worth buying a Vita just for P4 Golden.
Even picking a cheap PS2 or PS3 for the original version would be worth it (plus that wat you can pick up Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne as well!)

Now that Sega bought Atlus maybe we'll get lucky and see a P5 port to PC, though I still doubt it.
Still annoyed at lack of a PC version of Catherine (even though I own and finished it on PS3)

Deitus

Incoming $10 winter sale price... and incoming complaints about how the DLC will only be 33% off.

I don't mind if the DLC is only 33% off this winter sale, as it would still be fairly new at that point. Where I'll get upset is in 2-3 years when the game is on sale for 80% off of a base price of $20, and the DLC is still full priced and only 50% off.

Depends, I've heard that the DLC is terrible.

I've heard nothing but praise for the second DLC pack. Edit: Admittedly, it did just come out.

Yeah, you're dead right.

I sank over 100 hours into MH3 on Wii in single-player, and I haven't started yet a 5 stars mission, so I gather I'm still missing out on the best missions.

The game is quite demanding but also extremely rewarding, the sensation when you fell a giant monster after almost an hour long fight is exhilarating, maybe this is partly due to the fact that monsters do not have a life bar.

That being said, it is true that I crave to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but if that was not enough, there are also other interesting games to further justify the purchase of a Wii U.

Yeah, you're dead right.

I sank over 100 hours into MH3 on Wii in single-player, and I haven't started yet a 5 stars mission, so I gather I'm still missing out on the best missions.

The game is quite demanding but also extremely rewarding, the sensation when you fell a giant monster after almost an hour long fight is exhilarating, maybe this is partly due to the fact that monsters do not have a life bar.

That being said, it is true that I crave to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but if that was not enough, there are also other interesting games to further justify the purchase of a Wii U.
I wish I enjoyed MH :(

Of course my monitor is being un-cooperative today. I finally swhitched out my old-school monitor for an HD monitor, but now it doesnt want to turn on. Goddammit.

Sorry to hear that, hope you get it working. I had an LCD monitor stop working on me just last week. I woke up one morning to turn it on and the screen was blinking and turned red like some horror movie. I had to open it up to remove bad capacitors and solder in new ones (it was already out of warranty). Not really too fond of soldering, it's a bit nerve-wracking trying to get it done right, lol. I wish manufacturer's didn't have to penny pinch already cheap components like that.

Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Mario kart
Mario world
Bayonetta 1/2
Smash

Have fun!

The best feeling in the world was when my copy of mario kart also lead to a free copy of pikmin 3. bayo 1&2 coming out together is also a fantastic deal.

The system is now at a point where there are enough amazing exclusives to warrant a purchase. Really highly recommend getting one, it's great :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom