• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strazyplus

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Strazyplus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Crew -- MB-CBA2F64F05166F1D - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Crew -- MB-7B598590C5B57371 - Taken by Hugstable. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Crew -- MB-C06C69A436674411

t1409161401z1.png

Drivers start your engines!

Nabs

How many slots out of a 4 pack can you fill?

I can front, if needed... need to see if Rhaknar wants in, but beyond that, if you can fill the other two, it would be about $5 for a copy out of a 4-pack.

Just me, but I'd be paying in TF2 keys - so if that's an issue you can scratch me off that list. Thanks for trying either way.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for all of the congratulations on the 52 challenge stuff :D

I would quote all of them, but that would be a little overkill :p

That's some mean time you played games. I didn't finish 10 games in the last 3 years probably. Don't you get worn out?

Nope, especially with a huge backlog from bundles :|

why didn't anyone tell me

i was playing fucking pantsu simulator

It's probably because you were too busy simulating fucking pantsu :p

Edit: There's to be a Black Ops bundle, too. I wonder if there'll be a separate one for Mac given Black Ops OSX is an entirely separate game.

Edit edit: And a Black Ops 2 bundle, unsurprisingly.

I'm actually interested in these because they contain the only COD DLC that I actually care about. Would have rather had both games in a single bundle, but waiting for an eventual decent sale five years from now (judging by past COD sales) won't hurt.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Directors Cut trailer

I'm actually really excited for this, and I do hope that now it's a standalone title, more people will buy it and experience it.

I'm really happy that it's free for people that already own the DLC, it's a nice gesture. I should probably play Dead Man's Switch at some point just because I want to make the Dragonfall experience feel even better when I get around to it and understand the improvements over the base campaign.

GOG is now selling movies that are more or less games related

http://www.gog.com/movies##sort=bestselling&page=1

I'll care when it gets The Wizard :p

It's my birthday SteamGAF!

Happy birthday!

Just me, but I'd be paying in TF2 keys - so if that's an issue you can scratch me off that list. Thanks for trying either way.

Keys would be fine -- I just need to figure out how many it would be. I'd just use it to pay part of the cost with my trader. :)
Ok, It should be around 2 keys for your copy, if you're in. I can give you an exact number in the next 20 minutes or so if it's any more/less.

LOL I've been fired twice already... once as manager of the Expos, where I took a club from first to worst thanks to an unfortunate couple of veteran signings (damn you Ron Cey!) and then again from the CUBS. How do you get fired as manager of the Cubs when the owner says he has no expectations!!

Again, I blame these terrible players.

Such a great game.

I have yet to be fired, which is good. Been close a few times and had to turn down the injury setting after losing half my starters in spring training. 'Realistic' my ass. I've never seen more guys go on the 60 day DL than in this game

So good

Mono

FATE: The Traitor Soul is coming to Steam!

- NEW Steam Trading Cards
- NEW Steam Badges
- NEW Steam Emoticons
- NEW Profile Backgrounds

Probably late to the party on this one, but I had no idea it was coming to Steam.

I didn't even know this existed. Cool!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I didn't even know this existed. Cool!

It's been released now, with a very generous 40% discount. The other two earlier games are also 40% off as well.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So no news about this leecher thing?
I didn't read anything, only posts about a blacklist involving a leecher :S
No, what news did you expect? He's already blacklisted by now. Plus he's a junior, so if he keeps making shit posts he'll probably get permabanned.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I really hope they don't dump an untranslated version of their game on Steam and expect it to sell at all. I want more tecmo stuff on steam. Especially Ninja Gaiden.

Hugstable

Banned
You're waiting on FF3 and i'm waiting on Dark Souls 2.
Amazon actually gave the game a 10 dollar discount but I need GMG to do the same so I can use my credit. Since promos don't apply with credit anymore.

I have a feeling that we won't be seeing a Dark Souls 2 sale until right before the very last DLC is out. It would've made sense to atleast have some sort of sale for the new DLC, but I bet they are waiting til the final DLC is out then they hopefully should have a sale for all those who haven't picked it up yet. I'm loving the game so far myself.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Deciding what you're going to play 2 months from now is tougher than I thought it would be.

I think for this year's Extra Life, I'm going use the following criteria to pick the game's I'll be playing:
  • Games which are somewhat recent (released 2011 or later)
  • Games that have interesting environments or story lines
  • Games I haven't previously played
  • Games from a variety of genres
  • Games that have Steam achievements
The last requirement is so that I can have a wall of unlocked achievements in my Steam activity feed after the 24 hours is over, which I did last year and thought was a pretty cool way to look back on the games I had played.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
In the sense I saw

"Ehy, there is a leecher" and I didn't know anything about.

The "news" was referred to my post up above.
Oops, my bad. You wanted to know more information about what happened before. I thought you wanted to hear an update about what happened since that.

Volcynika

Weird. I can't buy Lethal League via the mobile app (Android). It just kicks me back to the main store page when I click "Purchase for myself"

Jawmuncher

I have a feeling that we won't be seeing a Dark Souls 2 sale until right before the very last DLC is out. It would've made sense to atleast have some sort of sale for the new DLC, but I bet they are waiting til the final DLC is out then they hopefully should have a sale for all those who haven't picked it up yet. I'm loving the game so far myself.

I do have the PS3 version just hanging out.
But I really would prefer not to play it over the PC version. Just I need to play it this year.
Since it'll more than likely end up my GOTY. Since right now my list for GOTY is comprised of

Transistor
Bravely Default

and that's it.

Is Fate: The Traitor Soul just poor man's Torchlight? I love hack'n'slash games, but this one seems derivative.

It was actually a series before torchlight. It's always been more on the budget side.
But the people who like it really like it. It's definitely a game you can't judge just from the screenshots.

Hugstable

Banned
I do have the PS3 version just hanging out.
But I really would prefer not to play it over the PC version. Just I need to play it this year.
Since it'll more than likely end up my GOTY. Since right now my list for GOTY is comprised of

Transistor
Bravely Default

and that's it.

It was actually a series before torchlight. It's always been more on the budget side.
But the people who like it really like it. It's definitely a game you can't judge just from the screenshots.

Yeah the PC version of Dark Souls 2 runs amazing so far. It looks really good too, and using the torch sometimes is pretty fun, and actually useful for certain areas. And lol I really need to finish Bravely Default someday, I took a break in Chapter 6 and got lazy and haven't picked it back up yet :(.

The uh... Humble Mobile bundle added more Sanics, I think.
Not that anyone cares.
But but you get Happy Sonic! Live Wallpaper!!!!!!!!!

"Brighten up the day and your Android device with Sonic The Hedgehog! Tap Sonic to discover fun sounds and cool animations in this Live Wallpaper exclusively for Android. The best part… You'll never lose all your rings!"

jshackles

Is Fate: The Traitor Soul just poor man's Torchlight? I love hack'n'slash games, but this one seems derivative.

Yes the premise, concept, and even large portions of the UI were later seen in Torchlight. Runic Game's founder was one of the lead developers of the original FATE game. If you enjoyed Torchlight, you'll probably enjoy the Fate games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom