• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruteUA

Cute...

HCrSDz5.png

Well I approve of the subtitle at least.

Terra_Ex

Guys is the State of Decay dlc worth getting? I have the base game in my cart, wondering if I should throw the dlc in there as well.

Lifeline is since it adds a new map and zombie invasions actually pose some semblance of a threat, there's multiple endings and the overarching goal is to extract high profile assets and optionally save civilians, while playing as a hard-pressed army squad. Haven't played enough of Breakdown to comment on it, I think it's just a randomised remix of the main campaign though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Weekend
  • MIcrosoft Studios Weekend up to 80% off : Rise of Nations 50% off
And yet no Midtown Madness in sight...

Darkness 2 should be pretty short, so I'm going to play that, first. What I've played of F.E.A.R. so far was awesome, though. Really solid game without the silliness a lot of FPS campaigns have today.
F.E.A.R. is, along with Duke Nukem 3D, my favorite FPS ever. It has few different environments, but I don't mind. The game's so good that I only realized that fact after I started reading about it on forums and such.

Khronico

Don't get Lifeline yet, it has gone -75% before, and it will go again - waiting for it as well.

The base game is alright, Breakdown I never really played and I should.

I think so.

Lifeline - more story
Breakdown - endless campaign

Lifeline is since it adds a new map and zombie invasions actually pose some semblance of a threat, there's multiple endings and the overarching goal is to extract high profile assets and optionally save civilians, while playing as a hard-pressed army squad. Haven't played enough of Breakdown to comment on it, I think it's just a randomised remix of the main campaign though.

I wish I could tell you. I have both DLCs. I just havent touch it yet. I do know that one of them is like a horde mode. Survive endless waves of zombies.

Alright, I'll just get the base game right now and play some of it before I make a choice on the DLC. Thanks for the input!

Tizoc

Sell me on Lococycle GAF.
How many Keys does Russia Bear request for Rise of Nations?

I can help you get Fable Ann. for that 6 keys or so :) so let me know when you get home and we can work together.

Wicked I should have the keys by Saturday at the latest, so if you can wait til then I'd really appreciate it.

MattyG

Banned
Jesus. I was hoping we'd get a steep discount since those games are getting old. Apparentlllllly not. I mean, the savings from the bundle to individual games is huge, but that's only because the individual games and DLC are overpriced.

GaussTek

Harmonix announced a new game, A City Sleeps (shoot em up)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/316180

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/316180/header_292x136.jpg?t=1409245328[IMG]

[IMG]https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/316180/ss_fb77a5890b2389507dbe0f774a5ff5de822674b7.1920x1080.jpg?t=1409245328[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wow, now that one one looks pretty interesting. Whishlisted :D

Yay I just noticed that today, so congrats dood! Trying to get myself ready to play some Dark Souls 2 later, finally done with school stuff for the week so it's gonna be time to die soon!
Aw shucks thank youre too kind! You're actually making me want to give ds2 another shot.
I wish I could tell you. I have both DLCs. I just havent touch it yet. I do know that one of them is like a horde mode. Survive endless waves of zombies.
Lol I'm in the same boat, I only bought 1 tho and I have no idea what it is, I don't even remember which one

I'm thinking of saving up some money and buying me some tf2 keys from sub zero.

Y'know he's out of keys to sell (well, he had 30 or so left the other day) and said he won't "restock" until sometime in September, right?

Just a heads up. :)

-Hated the visual design, it was ugly
-Hated the combat, it felt crude
-Hated the environment design, boring as hell and tedious
-Hated the 3 act format, lacked cohesion

I like the main games because the environments are usually interesting to look at and relatively fun to explore. The combat in the also looks cool at least.

Fair enough -- I felt almost entirely opposite.

I can agree with the visual design stuff, but remember, it's just an uprezzed 3DS game... it's not going to look amazing.. and you can see this in some of the platforming as well (that's the worst part... sometimes you don't look like you're going to make it and then it randomly grabs the edge).

However, I though the environments felt like classic Castlevania, the combat was admirably done for a transition from 3D LoS to a 2D plane (unlike Blackgate where the combat is HORRIBLE and feels nothing like the 3D counterpart or Strider where it's just boring with a lack of options and variety). And I thought the 3 act format was kind of cool because it filled in the story while keeping some parts in the dark until the climax. Also, it allowed the game to change up things a bit with the characters having different abilities and traversal mechanics.

Surprisingly very good deals from Microsoft - grabbed Max: Curse of Brotherhood and Halo
Spartan Assault =(

Don't be sad. You just bought the game that I have dubbed "most fun I've ever had with an entry in the Halo franchise". :p

So it's a Twisted Pixel game then.

After Comic Jumper, I'm not really interested in another game from them.

Comic Jumper is a fucking abomination. An affront to humanity. It might be the worst game I have played in recent years (yes, even including Strider).

There are games that are disappointments. And there are games that make you want a full refund as you try to slog through them and the whole time you're thinking "I should just stuff this console in the microwave and nuke it on high for 20 minutes... there is no coming back from this." Either that or "I need a flamethrower, a priest, and about 70 gallons of holy water. Oh, and a new console."

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sell me on Lococycle GAF.
It runs like shit on my PC (probably my rig's fault due to being so old) and the Spanish is really weird. The main character makes barely coherent sentences, mixing up the grammatical persons and numbers, and switching between formal and informal language in the same sentence. There's also a completely broken billboard, with a sentence that was translatated literally and so makes absolutely no sense in Spanish (plus it's a word play in English, so the translation makes even less sense and the joke is ruined.)

I haven't played much of it. After an hour or so, I couldn't comprehend the melee combat system. It seems like a very average game, not bad for wasting some time but nothing memorable. You could do worse, I guess.

ouch. Had to pour salt in that wound, didn't ya?
I'm still sad about MM3 never coming to PC.

Yo, if Jazzpunk is in the Adult Swim Bundle, i'll get it. Also, hopefully that Puzzle Platformer game is in it, since i know a couple people here have said its good for local MP.

Humble Bundle has been pretty solid the past month or so, its been great!

Copons

WHY OH WHY are they selling two copies of Modern Warfare 3 in the same bundle and both copies are priced, in the bundle list, like 25€ more than how much it costs standalone?

WHY OH WHY are they selling two copies of Modern Warfare 3 in the same bundle and both copies are priced, in the bundle list, like 25€ more than how much it costs standalone?

They're also selling MW2's multiplayer for $45 when the full version of it is $10.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

because fuck you, that's why
(also - because it's activision :p)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Because why not? People* will buy it anyway.

*: by "people" I mean "suckers"

mik7697

Neo Member
Big news: Assassin's Creed Unity was posticipated... November 11th in America and November 13th in Europe; let's see how it turns out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom