• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Well, this is new.

A link to this page shows up now on Steamguard and password reset emails.

I actually saw this a few days ago when one my alt accounts was trying to be accessed from some ip address in india. I was like huh, i don't remember seeing that before. It's a pretty damn nice feature though. You get hacked? INSTALOCK before you lose all your items.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I actually saw this a few days ago when one my alt accounts was trying to be accessed from some ip address in india. I was like huh, i don't remember seeing that before. It's a pretty damn nice feature though. You get hacked? INSTALOCK before you lose all your items.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking...

Inb4 someone locks their account and Steam support doesn't give it back
for a few months

Except for this which is bound to happen.

Tizoc

Who's up for some 2D Devil May Cry?
unnamed.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/2...er-translating-devil-may-crys-combat-2d-game/

http://vimeo.com/89267994

derExperte

Super Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer Deluxe

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe -- MB-D503AE2ABF931763 - Taken by Vlad. 4 entrants total.

t1409256084z1.png

liezryou

Except for this which is bound to happen.

AFAIK, this happens anyway. When you report a hacked account, the first thing they do is lock your account until you can prove ownership, at which point they restore access to you. At least this way you can prevent the hacker from doing more harm.

Beware: Super House of the Dead Ninja has a tendency to delete your save file if you do not force close it once you're doing playing it, or at least it does on Win 8. It'll immediately reload a second session that doesn't read your save file once you exit, and it you close that second session the normal way it'll override your original save file.

Sucks, because that game rocks my jock but it's kinda messed up.

Sharkiller

I'm getting invited by levels 0, people with no friends or groups in common. Usually from guys with 1 or 2 free games. I have no played online in a good time and also dont have ANY valuable item > 1usd. Any idea why this happen?

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I'm cancelling this giveaway, and I"m cancelling two other giveaways you don't even know about, and Swapper is probably Bad Rats :

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Swapper -- MB-D7FE96906405FF3F - Taken by creamsugar. 1 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-391CAB41DA67286E - Taken by steadfast. 1 entrants total.

t1409264425z1.png

Jawmuncher

header_292x136.jpg

When:
t1409272200z1.png

Why:
Dinosaurs Dude

Who:
Whoever wants to play. Game should still be a free trial. If not it's 99 cents.

1. Jawmuncher
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
It's not much, but it's really all I can afford to give away right now. Enjoy :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Time Force Ultra #2 -- MB-6D0E24CB108B80FC - Taken by diablogod. 52 entrants total.
Shadowgate -- MB-189AD958AF939D0D - Taken by KainXVIII. 37 entrants total.
Super Time Force Ultra -- MB-9E1C8AAE941773B1 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 59 entrants total.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-6934140B2620B9D1 - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 41 entrants total.

t1409266584z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Sure. What time were you thinking?

I was hoping that someone else would organize it, since I am pretty terrible at these things but I was thinking about Friday or Saturday night.

Also reposting for the new page

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Super Time Force Ultra #2 -- MB-6D0E24CB108B80FC - Taken by diablogod. 52 entrants total.
Shadowgate -- MB-189AD958AF939D0D - Taken by KainXVIII. 37 entrants total.
Super Time Force Ultra -- MB-9E1C8AAE941773B1 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 59 entrants total.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-6934140B2620B9D1 - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 41 entrants total.

t1409266584z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
This CoD Sale really shows how FUCKED UP Activision are with their pricing:

(These are the AU Store Prices)

MW1: $24.99
Blops2: $44.99
Ghosts: $29.99 WTF?

Seriously, what the heck is with that pricing structure?

Disproportionate price cuts encourage sales for games that have historically sold at a slower rate. Conversely, titles that continue to have strong sales receive a much smaller reduction in price due to the fact that demand will make up the difference.

I was hoping that someone else would organize it, since I am pretty terrible at these things but I was thinking about Friday or Saturday night.

Friday is okay, but I will most likely be busy Saturday.

I just want to note:

Steam stats:

6,653 7,162 Divinity: Original Sin
1,886 2,143 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

These make me quite happy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
hmm it was in a bundle before - why did i miss that

It was the only game in the bundle's $5 tier and it was an obscure bundle site (Bundle Central) that had never done a bundle before or since.

Info

tmarg

Awesome! I would imagine that these don't go on sale that often.

They actually go on sale quite a bit. I want to say usually 66% though, not 75%. I'll probably pick up the PvZ table, since that wasn't out yet when they did the Humble Bundle, and I do love me some PvZ.

Pinball Arcade sales are extremely rare though.

MUnited83

For you.
Hey jshackles, the latest idle master now checks the time that drops take right? Is there any place where you show the average drop rate for each game?

kris.

Banned
hey, ladies n fellas, is the THPS HD remake worth $2.49? i need a skating game in my life again, but i hear it's not that great.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Beware: Super House of the Dead Ninja has a tendency to delete your save file if you do not force close it once you're doing playing it, or at least it does on Win 8. It'll immediately reload a second session that doesn't read your save file once you exit, and it you close that second session the normal way it'll override your original save file.

Sucks, because that game rocks my jock but it's kinda messed up.

Ah I'm sorry to hear that. I've passed the message on to the programmer and he knows what the problem is, but it will take time to fix as we're busy wrapping up work on our next Adult Swim game. It'll be done when he has spare time though!

derExperte

What tables are worth getting again?

For 75% off? Almost everything. I mean some of the earlier packs include a few duds but the value is mostly still great. Okay, okay. Plants vs Zombies, the Star Wars packs, Ms Splosion Man, Earth Defense, Super League (if you don't hate football that is) and Epic Quest. Stay away from the Core Pack, Rome, Biolab and Secrets are among the worst tables imo. Also cool: Paranormal, Mars and Excalibur. Now I haven't mentioned any Marvel tables, reason is they blur a bit together for me, I would need to play them again before saying something.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC do you play a browsergame called cybernations?

Cause I noticed someone started an alliance called Saoirse in it :p

Haha, can't say that I do, but "Saoirse" is Irish for "Freedom", so it fits. ;)

Try again in one hour or more.

It's half an hour at first, but if you hit the threshold again within half an hour of the restriction being lifted, then you have to wait an hour.

Some Humble extras. Whoever wins Super House of Dead Ninjas will receive the True Ninja DLC via PM from me afterward. Happy Thursday!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Swapper -- MB-F61382B14F324419 - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
Containment: The Zombie Puzzler -- MB-D33594D24DDD6456 - Taken by wetflame. 1 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-1DF91CD0F1725D42 - Taken by deadflower81. 1 entrants total.
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe -- MB-9C64E70881A00BCB - Taken by Blak_Status. 3 entrants total.
Jazzpunk -- MB-BCD7EDE4FBD03A23 - Taken by Miker. 13 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-D2DF4D309BD7BEB6 - Taken by soapypanda. 2 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-FEBE89D9C97BBC32 - Taken by ViviOggi. 6 entrants total.
Super House of Dead Ninjas -- MB-45E1B57CEBA9A020 - Taken by Coldsun. 3 entrants total.

t1409257464z1.png

jshackles

Hey jshackles, the latest idle master now checks the time that drops take right? Is there any place where you show the average drop rate for each game?

I'm working on getting a site set up that will allow people to upload their idlemaster.log files so that this information can be collected. I wanted the process to be anonymous but asshats online are already threatening to spam any anonymous upload capability with bogus data to throw the results off.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I'm working on getting a site set up that will allow people to upload their idlemaster.log files so that this information can be collected. I wanted the process to be anonymous but asshats online are already threatening to spam any anonymous upload capability with bogus data to throw the results off.

what?!?!? WHY?!?!? O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom