• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick bit of reasoning for people interested in Jazzpunk, but don't want to pay $13.

If you buy the 2nd tier at around $5, and then buy Jazzpunk on sale, you're only saving a couple of dollars (and you won't have Super Comboman). The lowest Jazzpunk has been to-date is ~$5 (to my knowledge).

So, if you're interested in Jazzpunk (and don't have Super Comboman) it's still a better deal to spend the $13 on the bundle than it is to get the 2nd tier and wait for a sale.

This only applies to you if you are interested/or buying the 2nd tier already. If you were only interested in the 1st tier (and Jazzpunk) then buying the 1st tier and Jazzpunk separately (on sale) is better.

The other benefit of doing this is that you get a DRM-free copy of Jazzpunk (and a couple other games) if that kind of thing floats your boat.

Wok

Well you should be glad that i just went trough the whole season and know what you are talking about.

And
TWD Game Season 2 Episode 5 Spoilers :
I went with Kenny and god damn it does it felt right in every fucking way. Jane deserved to get killed for the shit she just pulled off. Want to prove her point by getting herself killed? Best idea she ever had.

And for me it felt way better than Season 1. So many better choices and consequences. Also those feels... those feels.

Ditto then.

Zeeman

Can someone tell me about the worthwhile games in the bundle that aren't Volgarr or Super Puzzle Platformer? I'm not really familiar with any of the others.

I'll probably beat the average for Volgarr, but I don't think I'll go to the $13 tier.

What's in the $30 and $75 packs though?

If Super Comboman and Mega Coin Squad were in the $13, I'd grab it and give away everything else... but $13 for Super Comboman? No thanks.

And that PAX 10 bundle? That's not even close to being something for me. :lol

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
well its the 28th here so it's my bday. sorry I havent been around lately, I still like most of you kinda I swear

Happy birthday!

Truly the deal of the century.

Humble PAX bundle

Ehhh, I'll buy it for $2.30. At least I have the Swapper now.

Dead Rising 3, a quality Capcpom release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsgjpYXo0Ho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKE_omnSHVA

From the same guy who took the config menu screenshot.

Fixed :p

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I have both Super House of Dead Ninjas and Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe, SHODN is awesome, SPPD is a decent little game too. Not sure whether to jump on the others.

Haunted

Humble adult swim games bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Fist Puncher
  • Soundodger +
  • Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe
TIER 2: BTA
  • Volgarr
  • Super House of Dead Ninjas
  • DLC
  • Westerado Demo
TIER 3: 13$
  • Jazzpunk
  • Super Comboman
TIER 4: 30$
  • Pennywise Pegasus Pack
TIER 5: 75$
  • Majestic Unicorn Pack
I can personally vouch for Soundodger+, Super Puzzle Platformer, Super House of Dead Ninjas and Volgarr. These are all excellent games and a purchase can be justified for each of these on their own. That you get all of them is an incredible deal.

I'd bite if I didn't already own them all (because they're good!). I'm not going to buy this whole bundle for Fist Puncher. :p

Humble PAX bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Badland (android)
  • Solar 2
  • Containment
  • Jamestown
TIER 2: BTA
  • The Swapper
  • FEZ
TIER 3: 15$
  • Cannon Brawl
  • Life Goes On
And another pack where I own everything from tier 1 and 2! Damn it.

Once again, I can vouch for the excellence of Jamestown, The Swapper and Fez. Each worth a bundle purchase on their own. Containment is fun as well (zombie-themed match 3 game).

Use backloggery to keep track of your games.

It will be my first time playing the Ace Attorney games when I pick up the Trilogy this Fall.
Looks like Capcom is putting some effort into this port.

You're a very luck person. I was up until the early hours of the morning finishing the last case of each of those games because I'd always get hooked. The final case of the third game is probably the best pay off to a trilogy of games ever.

Regarding Steam and completed games, I finally got around to playing and finishing Portal 2 this week after never making it very far back in the day. It's definitely better than the original as it creates bigger and trickier puzzles with new elements (specifically the gels). There were some fiendish puzzles that had me reaching for a guide but I completed the vast majority of the game with some patience and a little careful thinking.

So, when do we get HL3, L4D3, P3 and TF3?

This is beyond random but I feel at some point in the next year Bethesda will announce their own online digital store/client for PC. Right before(or after I'll accept it either way)they announced Fallout 4. :D

Can someone explain to me how Indiegala happy hour works exactly?

Would have bought the $6 tier if Jazzpunk was in it. Not even the $1 tier seems worth it to me.

There are few cases where an opinion can be 100% wrong.
This is one of them.
BTA and $1 levels are a steal.

I can personally vouch for Soundodger+, Super Puzzle Platformer, Super House of Dead Ninjas and Volgarr. These are all excellent games and a purchase can be justified for each of these on their own. That you get all of them is an incredible deal.

I'd bite if I didn't already own them all (because they're good!). I'm not going to buy this whole bundle for Fist Puncher. :p

You won't pay $1 for Fist Puncher?

Jawmuncher

This is beyond random but I feel at some point in the next year Bethesda will announce their own online digital store/client for PC. Right before(or after I'll accept it either way)they announced Fallout 4. :D

That would be horrible.
Then we'd have another layer of pain for games.

Haunted

You won't pay $1 for Fist Puncher?
It's still a good deal for that alone, you're right.

But I know that I won't really play it and I've stopped buying games just because I can after looking at my paypal transaction history and seeing that even cheap bundle purchases add up over time. >_>

derExperte

So of the Microsoft sale, what's worth it for a fellow what don't like strategy/shootbang titles?

State of Decay perhaps. And Dust. And The Maw. LocoCycle if you like trashy trash. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet is good. Ms. Splosion Man? I thought the demo of Max was good but a SteamGAFer wrote a very negativ review last week or so (I'm still buying it).

derExperte

Back-to-back. =P

2516508-5567548374-Fh3ro.gif

SSPssp

Extra from Humble -

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fez -- MB-E31535351AA73F61 - Taken by abracadaver

I already have Fist Puncher (on GOG). Any of the other games in the $1 tier worth it?
The BTA games are great, but I'd be buying it for DLC (already have the core games), which is obviously a waste.

You can flip the table in Tabletop Simulator? o_O

It is in fact secretly the world's most robust physics based sandbox multiplayer table flipping simulator masquerading under the guise of a boardgame client. There's even a miniature table and chair figurine set so you can flip tables while you flip tables. It's a table upending enthusiast's dream come true!

derExperte

I already have Fist Puncher (on GOG). Any of the other games in the $1 tier worth it?
The BTA games are great, but I'd be buying it for DLC (already have the core games), which is obviously a waste.

Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe
Super Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer Deluxe

BUY IT NOW

Super Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer DeluxeSuper Puzzle Platformer Deluxe

BUY IT NOW
Hmmm, should I buy Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe? What do you think?

Grief.exe

They did recently try their hand at that with the Elder Scrolls Online release...that didn't last long.

Dead Rising 3, a quality Capcom release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsgjpYXo0Ho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKE_omnSHVA

From the same guy who took the config menu screenshot.

Who did Capcom tap for the port?

Capcom Vancouver, aka Blue Castle? Or did they outsource it?

Nzyme32

dear steam, please have a block and unfriend feature. getting impossible to list stuff on outpost

Doesn't steam already have both of those features? I know their is a list of people I have already blocked and also a remove friend button in the friends list, if that is what you meant

did they change the shade of blue they use for the friends list or have I smoked too much?

Yes, I believe it was an update done a few days after the initial change. I think the update even notes it as a response to user feedback or something

This CoD Sale really shows how FUCKED UP Activision are with their pricing:

(These are the AU Store Prices)

COD1: $9.99
COD2: $9.99
COD3(UO): $9.99
MW1: $24.99
WaW: $19.99
MW2: $9.99
Blops1: $19.99 (The Mac version is a COMPLETELY SEPERATE PRODUCT, whereas every other product with a mac version has it included..)
MW3: $19.99
Blops2: $44.99
Ghosts: $29.99 WTF?

Seriously, what the heck is with that pricing structure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom