• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably going to pre-order it again whenever their is a set release date (but I still have Bayonetta 2 paid off, so life is good)

tumblr_inline_mkkdsonPq91qz4rgp.gif

I have Bayo 2 paid off as well.

Smash IS the dark side.
So I think cancelling that preorder is returning balance to the force.

189.gif

Back on topic, I just looked up that HuniePop game.

Yikes.

I understand I look like a hypocrite, but I swear on my Steam account that I'm playing Bayo 2 for the gameplay.

You have the change of Tinkerskank now

No thank you.

Smash is trash.
It makes so much sense it rhymes.
250px-NoRulesMan_RS.png

Smash isn't my type of game, but I don't know if I'd put it in the "dumpster fire" category... I just couldn't resist the chance to make that joke though...

In your defense, I'm pretty sure Bayo universe is purposely oversexualized in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way.

Well, there's that, and now the sequel has given Bayonetta a Pixie-type hair cut... so that cuts out a lot of the sexualization right there. :3

Shade

Ye ole bundle stuff. (Should be unused).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Foreign Legion Multi Massacre -- MB-ECBE460A9C1B020E - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Dollar Dash -- MB-877AED837FB4E1F7 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Alien Spidy -- MB-DC001BDEC50D3AD4 - Taken by bluechox2. 3 entrants total.
The Journey Down Chapter One -- MB-9063F2888F0FAF9C - Taken by Sub Zero. 1 entrants total.
Party of Sin -- MB-835C827B1DD2B122 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
Duke Nukem -- MB-FD1DFF5405CBF8D6 - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.
Duke Nukem 2 -- MB-C30086BD30CA85E1 - Taken by Troubled Bat. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Miner Wars 2081 -- MB-53718DB1F9D1D4D8 - Taken by swx. 1 entrants total.
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club -- MB-5A46705D779F9514 - Taken by pupo. 4 entrants total.

t1409440890z1.png

DukeBobby

After not playing anything for over a month, I decided to boot up Jazzpunk.

I was expecting a fun, quirky adventure, but I didn't think it would end up being one of my favourite games of the year.

Most of the jokes were a hit, I loved the art style, music and voice acting, and I would certainly buy a fully fledged version of some of the mini-games.

Multiplayer Wedding Qake pls.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It's more of a "wow this looks pretty terrible, I can't wait to play it" sort of feeling. It's not going to be a good game, but it just looks too bad to pass up. Think of it as the equivalent to Ride to Hell: Retribution. To be honest, it still doesn't look as bad as that though.

It just looks wonderfully trashy as fuck, hell I'd consider buying it and I don't even play those type of games usually :p Plus I could put screenshots up on Steam to annoy my friends, it would be great.

I also bought the weekly Humble Bundle, installed Volgarr and then turned it off after 20mins. The game is awesome but I'm far too tired to deal with the schooling it just gave me there now :p

Ozium

I tried playing Tropico but it is just too clunky for me (the original one..) Should I just jump to Tropico 3 + Absolute Power before tackling 4 and all its expansions?

Duke Nukem?! :0

yeah, the first 2 side scrolling action platformers

so sorry about ice climbers :(

Copons

I tried playing Tropico but it is just too clunky for me (the original one..) Should I just jump to Tropico 3 + Absolute Power before tackling 4 and all its expansions?

I skipped 3, jumping from 2 directly to 4, but reading around, apparently 3 and 4 are very similar, so I'd suggest OR you ditch 3 in favour of 4, or you just fast-track 3's campaign and then play 4 as campaign/sandbox.

Also Tropico 4 is currently my most played game on Steam and I've yet to complete the can't-remember-which-expansion campaign, so this should say something... :)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
BeamDog has announced Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition

http://icewinddale.com/

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w17vHsQz5oM

Ehhh, wasn't the biggest fan of the complete version of Icewind Dale, but if it's good I might be interested in it. It sounds like it's mainly going to be the complete version with some new items, formerly cut content, and a co-op mode, so it's not really tempting me as of now.

Looking good, hopefully Torment will follow in the future.

I definitely want this though.

Megasoum

Banned
Thinking about re-doing Darksiders 2 right now. Looks like the only DLC I have is Argul's Tomb but I never did it... Any ofthe DLC is worth doing (including Argul's Tomb)?

Miguel81

just beat it! Thanks all for watchin! Soon I'll be doin some Xenoblade HD extreme edition testing in celebration of it coming out for n3ds. The actual playthrough will start on monday

My Mirror's Edgy review: Platforming was surprisingly excellent, combat was awful, it was pretty amazing to find ways through levels quicker or quickly, or avoiding combat if you wanted to. 8/10 its ok. Kinda short but I guess that's honestly ok.

My first time playing it I left physx on(AMD 5770) and once the glass started shattering it froze my whole computer. You're right about the combat putting a gigantic dent in the armor, but the parkour is always fun to play/watch, and it's still one of the most aesthetically beautiful games to come out of '08(along with POP).

I've been playing LYNE while I marathon Avatar: The Last Airbender. LYNE is a nice little puzzle game, I'd recommend it if you dig those kind of games.

But it's got me thinking, I really hope the Korra game doesn't suck. I've wanted a good Avatar game since I started watching way back when. The past games were all just so clunky and bad... But considering how fun Pro-bending mode looks, I'm hopeful.

Chariot

It continues ;-_-
lg4Admk.png
Unfriend him already and don't take it to your heart. Games where you have to think like strategy games and good old point & click adventures are clearly not his cup of beer.
I've been playing LYNE while I marathon Avatar: The Last Airbender. LYNE is a nice little puzzle game, I'd recommend it if you dig those kind of games.

But it's got me thinking, I really hope the Korra game doesn't suck. I've wanted a good Avatar game since I started watching way back when. The past games were all just so clunky and bad... But considering how fun Pro-bending mode looks, I'm hopeful.
It's Platinum Games after all.

Unfriend him already and don't take it to your heart. Games where you have to think like strategy games and good old point & click adventures are clearly not his cup of beer.
Nah, I'm actually pretty good friends with him, just don't talk about anything remotely negative about Nintendo or Apple, or positive about Microsoft around him and you're golden.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey guys, what's happe........

1319738930_homer_simpson_hides_in_hedge.gif

rookiejet

It continues ;-_-
lg4Admk.png

Introduce them to Steam, if they don't know about it, and some PC-gaming-oriented sites and critically acclaimed games lists, etc. Maybe they'll change their perception of PC gaming if they know about what's out there and stuff.

Unfriend him already and don't take it to your heart. Games where you have to think like strategy games and good old point & click adventures are clearly not his cup of beer.It's Platinum Games after all.

I could do with a cup of beer now.

Miguel81

Nah, I'm actually pretty good friends with him, just don't talk about anything remotely negative about Nintendo or Apple, or positive about Microsoft around him and you're golden.

You guys have a Henry Fonda/James Stewart-style friendship? Just avoid talking politics, or in this case, PC gaming.

I think he meant TLoU, yes. It's unfortunate, I kinda gave up trying to inform him better (not even like in a mouth-breather nerd kinda way), because he brushes it off. He's known to be a dumbass about this stuff in my circle of friends though.

Yeah, I'm sorry for the derails, unfortunately huniepop is more topical...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thinking about re-doing Darksiders 2 right now. Looks like the only DLC I have is Argul's Tomb but I never did it... Any ofthe DLC is worth doing (including Argul's Tomb)?

Death Rides adds a handful of side-quests while Abyssal Forge and Demon Lord Belial are small expansion packs. The rest is just junk.

Curious_George

Neo Member
After not playing anything for over a month, I decided to boot up Jazzpunk.

I was expecting a fun, quirky adventure, but I didn't think it would end up being one of my favourite games of the year.

Most of the jokes were a hit, I loved the art style, music and voice acting, and I would certainly buy a fully fledged version of some of the mini-games.

Multiplayer Wedding Qake pls.

I initially thought Wedding Qake was multiplayer the first time I played it (not sure why I thought a single player game would have one hidden multiplayer level). After a couple kills I realized the players were a bit too predictable to be real but it almost seemed legit to me (the names were just dumb enough to be realistic for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom