• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing i've given away in a while, only thing from the new HB i already have (and i just so happen to have sunk over 200 hours into it haha) so have at it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ChimpanzeeThat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Terraria -- MB-FFBD77E70017BAB5 - Taken by FauX. 3 entrants total.

t1408483832z1.png

fGj06po.gif

Miker

My thoughts on Shadow Complex:

Pros
- Decent Metroidvania that came out at a time when the genre was sorely lacking

Cons
- One of the blandest games I've ever played
- Shitty visuals and framerate despite how bland it looked
- Bland

I honestly don't miss its presence on Steam at all.

NIN90

How many custom WADs? I've beaten all the Doom IWADs and have done some user-made map packs.

Also, hi guys. I've been doing school-related stuff and looking up Japanese PC info. Not sure why I fell behind on the last thread...

Some megaWADs I played so far that work well with Brutal Doom balance wise on UV:

Requiem
Scythe (up until around map 20. It gets into slaughter territory around there)
Doom The Way id Did
Doom 2 The Way id Did
NOVA

Back To Saturn X looks beautiful and has great design from the two maps I've played so far but it kinda fucks with the BD balance.

Once I finish NOVA I'll look into the four Community Chest releases, which also come highly regarded.

Also, this: http://www.doomworld.com/cacowards/

Which source port for Brutal Doom can you recommend?

Either GZDoom or Zanondrum work fine. Both are easy to integrate with the Steam version, too.
I personally recommend Brutal Doom Sperglord Edition (yeah..) because it fixes some of BD's shortcomings.

Ozium

Any idea how long the Pinball Arcade Season 1 will be on sale? I kind of want to grab it but then I won't have anything left in my Steam wallet for Shadowgate...

decisions, decisions.

Is making all those webm's tiring you out? :p

I'm sure you'll be back with a Revengeance in the Hall of Shame soon!

Oh and before I forget if my STFU writing kerfuffle hasn't convinced you or anyone else you need this in your lives Capy created this.

http://www.gifsanity.com/

Actually, since I stopped posting in here regularly, I've only made a single webm (for lashman, who requested that I post it up in here anyway and wouldn't do it on his own).

Deitus

Pros

Cons
- Bland

I mostly agree (although the Foam gun was pretty cool). I feel like a lot of people downplay the importance of atmosphere and level design in a Metroid style game, but Shadow Complex was sorely lacking in both areas.

I still see no reason why it shouldn't be on Steam though.

KingDirk

Pros

Cons
- Bland

I honestly wished we'd get some terrible Orson Scott Card insanity in this game. At least then it'd be more than boring.

Freezard

This is a good Humble Bundle... I suppose the average bundle might be worth it for King of Fighters. Any idea what the bonus games could be?

Phinor

I shouldn't be disappointed with yet another delay (since we all want a finished game), but WL2 was supposed to be the game for August. Of course they had a (secondary) reason for the first delay, but I think this second delay pretty much confirms that the game simply isn't ready yet. Month is a long time because they can patch all the way up to release day, but I really hope it's finally ready and playable without issues on September 19.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of 8 X 11 Printer Paper, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kill Fun Yeah -- MB-6FF2049B0A69433A - Taken by Haunted. 4 entrants total.
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-7E83E343E71810D2 - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-018E428A025CA396
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-A34B19BD6E34DC6E - Taken by Flips360. 5 entrants total.
Project Root -- MB-A9660F7B67539E18 - Taken by Diedac. 3 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-F9ED5E4326FBC53A - Taken by FauX. 7 entrants total.
Space Farmers -- MB-655016DF0477EF54 - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-E49BC2A1B541BE5A - Taken by user237. 5 entrants total.
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-70F29F4E82BD83F4 - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 3 entrants total.
X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-0C503493CD434C61 - Taken by Evrain. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-6340D3D3458B33D4 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.

t1408487912z1.png

Haunted

Shadow Complex is one of those arcade games that should've gotten a PC release a long time ago.

A clean IQ is imperative for these types of games.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I remember being able to play the whole game of Shadow Complex due to a glitch in the original demo. Good times.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Didn't know Invisible, Inc. was by the MotN people, definitely keeping an eye on it. Looks cool.

Gurthang

Banned
asdadvdsv

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gurthang, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Awesomenauts -- MB-C7073E78BD1D4E0E - Taken by Freezard

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I just wanted to say I'm very appreciative of the reviews in the OP, some great games there, including a few that I was unaware of that are now on my radar. Thanks to all who contributed!

Reckoner

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Reckoner, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack -- MB-155A0F600C06403A - Taken by fspm
Terraria -- MB-3FA92BDA22D974C4 - Taken by anastef

Enjoy!

Corpekata

Banned
Didn't know Invisible, Inc. was by the MotN people, definitely keeping an eye on it. Looks cool.

I don't think it technically is. Klei appear to have multiple games being led by multiple people. Which probably explains why their games are so different.

Why did you stop?

Nothing quite on the level of Sub's ordeal, but I found myself becoming ridiculously annoyed with some of the interactions I was having with people in here and thought I would be much better off without the aggravations. For the most part, I think I was right.

There's someone else who hasn't shown up in quite awhile.
Though we'll see if anyone knows who that is.

ooooh, ooooh, I know, I know, pick me!

Back from vacation and catching up on SteamGAF and bundles. Who wants some games?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kill Fun Yeah -- MB-4F695C0827DBB153 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Enclave Gold Edition -- MB-15108FEC2E247BC8 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 1 entrants total.
Garshasp: The Monster Slayer -- MB-BB76DED55A50FABF - Taken by Gurthang. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-4E5F5CC471FABDAA - Taken by creamsugar. 1 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-84E616CC80A549B1 - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-C393EE2A185BC5BF - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
Chronology -- MB-780B0384BF5C4365 - Taken by Sub Zero. 1 entrants total.
Volt -- MB-0103500D22D55764 - Taken by bronson. 1 entrants total.
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION -- MB-6A7A5AD5912DD0F9 - Taken by rainking187. 11 entrants total.

t1408486472z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of abracadaver, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-336CF7A5B4D70E1D - Taken by default two. 93 entrants total.

t1408489292z1.png

Nothing quite on the level of Sub's ordeal, but I found myself becoming ridiculously annoyed with some of the interactions I was having with people in here and thought I would be much better off without the aggravations. For the most part, I think I was right.

ooooh, ooooh, I know, I know, pick me!

Id be cheating since you already told me the answer.

Also, CS: GO has taken my soul

Pros

Cons
- Bland

The blandness really sticks out to me as well. My desire to play something like Guacamelee with a bright, colorful and rather unique setting is like 10 times that of wanting to go through Shadow Complex's maze of brown and grey drudgery again. Was worth playing once at the time, but I can't see going back to it.

Sendou

Could anyone explain the last 2 minutes of The Wolf Among us to me?

IMO Faith was never killed. It was Nerissa glamoured as Faith. The "Nerissa" you see at the end is Faith.

You could also argue that the Faith you saw at the beginning of the game is Nerissa glamoured as Faith but I like the first version better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom