• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Dr Dogg, the 34UM95 already has a replacement with same size and resolution and it's curved :eek:

Gaahhh!!! I've bought too many monitors already.

Well knowing LG this won't be in stock for very long and price might be a big factor. I've just sent back a Samsung PLS display yesterday. Oh well time to go pester Scan about availability and pricing :(

Looks really nice though. Have LG come back to you about the 34UM95? You never know you might get this instead.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cozmogramma, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cozmogramma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Secret Ponchos -- MB-602DFEBE47F6BF86 - Taken by Tizoc. 56 entrants total.

t1408490251z1.png

IMO Faith was never killed. It was Nerissa glamoured as Faith. The "Nerissa" you see at the end is Faith.

You could also argue that the Faith you saw at the beginning of the game is Nerissa glamoured as Faith but I like the first version better.

so which head was it at the beginning?

Oh btw, I found it hilarious that TB still managed to sneak in a small rant about Steam and Greenlight into his post about youknowwhat. Incredible. But of course when SteamDB provided that peek into the new system which is supposed to make things better he didn't cover it.

Deitus

I always think I want to dive back in to Diablo 3. Then I remember some fuck stole my account and changed the email address and I get sad.

Same thing happened to me. I was able to recover the account, but they apparently got it banned while they were using it. I didn't like the game enough that it's worth my effort to deal with Blizzard support in trying to get the account unbanned.

Strider

I always think I want to dive back in to Diablo 3. Then I remember some fuck stole my account and changed the email address and I get sad.

:(

I remember there was a time when it seemed this was happening to a gaffer everyday. I used to be paranoid about my Battle.Net being stolen.

That sucks. Patch 2.1 is supposedly gonna be out in the next couple of weeks and its bringing some good stuff. Good time to jump back in.

Sendou

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sendou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Terraria -- MB-F44A85E50165B3D4 - Taken by AngerdX

Bundle spare

Dr Dogg

I get an email once a month the ends up in my spam folder of an old email address I used to have my Battle.net account attached to. Same clunky misspelling and grammatical errors. Funnily this started happening around one of the times Uplay was compromised. Between them and Adobe they have been more slack with sensitive credentials of mine than any other collection of companies combined.

Anyway even since all the WoW account hijackings of about a couple years ago it's always made sense to get a 2-way key authenticator either as a stand alone or on your phone. I mean Blizz almost ended up in court because of their security or lack there of didn't they?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
IMO Faith was never killed. It was Nerissa glamoured as Faith. The "Nerissa" you see at the end is Faith.

The few moments before the ending gave me that thought too. I really should check out the comics at some point, I've heard mainly great things about them.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Uzzy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- MB-AF50D4BE43282D0E - Taken by Newblade. 22 entrants total.
A dark point and click adventure game, Cognition sees FBI Agent Erica Reed trying to stop a serial killer, leaving clues that only Erica, with her unique post-cognitive abilities, can decipher. It's a damn good detective story, written by Jane Jensen, and features some solid voice acting, especially from Raleigh Holmes, who plays the lead role.

t1408491151z1.png

MTE

You weren't able to recover it?
I recently had my
Origin
account hijacked, and got it back pretty easily. And got the games they purchased refunded.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The few moments before the ending gave me that thought too. I really should check out the comics at some point, I've heard mainly great things about them.
The comics are great, the first 75 issues form an overarching story arc that's absolutely fantastic, really great stuff. Well worth picking up a couple of trades if you're a fan of the game and don't know the comics.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Nothing quite on the level of Sub's ordeal, but I found myself becoming ridiculously annoyed with some of the interactions I was having with people in here and thought I would be much better off without the aggravations. For the most part, I think I was right.

It's sad when one of the best communities on NeoGAF has become so hostile and unwelcoming to it's members. A lot of personal attacks are happening lately and I can't understand why. Whats even more troubling is that some of the veterans here are making this worse by bullying new members or joining in when there's drama just to have a laugh. I don't know what exactly happened with you but if you got frustrated it's better to take a few weeks off like I did and return once you feel better. You are one of the most prominent and contributing members here and it will be a shame if you stop posting. Also, I need my frosty ninja brother :3

chugen

hf

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chugen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

header_292x136.jpg

Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition -- MB-0A2ECFD33E3A8E7D - Taken by Vlad

I just walked out of a GameStop, with 100 dollars worth of steam wallet cards, thought I was going to buy a Xbone controller, but bought the cards instead.

Also, pro tip to stop gamestop cashier to stop bothering you about their membership stuff: say you're a tourist.
Nothing quite on the level of Sub's ordeal, but I found myself becoming ridiculously annoyed with some of the interactions I was having with people in here and thought I would be much better off without the aggravations. For the most part, I think I was right.
What could people pester you for? Seriously though, don't leave us.

MRORANGE

Gaahhh!!! I've bought too many monitors already.

Well knowing LG this won't be in stock for very long and price might be a big factor. I've just sent back a Samsung PLS display yesterday. Oh well time to go pester Scan about availability and pricing :(

Looks really nice though. Have LG come back to you about the 34UM95? You never know you might get this instead.

Still waiting for a reply :| they said they would ship the sample in August so I'm still waiting >_>

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
There's someone else who hasn't shown up in quite awhile.
Though we'll see if anyone knows who that is.
You're talking about Woo, right? I haven't talked to him in a long time, and I miss him :/

I hope he's doing fine. If he's still on Steam, maybe I should check how he's doing.

Seems I already have this from before the Humble Bundle, so popping in here to throw it to the masses:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shrike Alvaron, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition -- MB-7FF78BCAD74AE5B3 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.

t1408489172z1.png

KingDirk

ooooh, ooooh, I know, I know, pick me!
I just wanted you to know as a still mostly lurker your impressions were very valued by me. I hope you feel refreshed soon.

I have a bundle leftover, but to be fair, Deadlight is a little nice game.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mr. Poolman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Deadlight -- MB-1A517D2512EE8750 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado

Happy to see terraria in the bundle it's a marvelous game.

I have Terraria. I have Minecraft. I have the Landmark beta. I keep trying to convince myself that I'll enjoy these sandboxes. And yet every time I do, I find it hard to get into them. And I know the problem is with me. I guess I keep trying because it's hard to come to grips with the fact that I'm not creative.

I have Terraria. I have Minecraft. I have the Landmark beta. I keep trying to convince myself that I'll enjoy these sandboxes. And yet every time I do, I find it hard to get into them. And I know the problem is with me. I guess I keep trying because it's hard to come to grips with the fact that I'm not creative.

Internet high five!

I think I'm a bit the same, although I can be creative in some aspects of life (writing mainly) but when it comes to these creation based sandbox games I end up going on a destructive streak and then getting bored because that's not how the game was designed and there's little reward for destroying stuff. I did make a tower in minecraft once, but after I had built about 5 levels I realised it was too small for what I wanted and couldn't be bothered taking it down to start again.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ryne, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Invisible, Inc. -- MB-3B3984DEF30EC14D - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 52 entrants total.

t1408492832z1.png

MattyG

Banned
I was going to use the Complete mod for STALKER Shadow of Cernobyl, but I read a lot of things about it changing the core gameplay too much. Is that true? i want to stick as close to the original gameplay as possible, but I also heard that it's a pretty ugly game by today's standards. Should I just play vanilla the first time, or find a graphics overhaul that doesn't change gameplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom