• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is real we can expect a PC release

Condemned_2_Bloodshot.jpg

Unlike the other eyeball game :/

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I was going to use the Complete mod for STALKER Shadow of Cernobyl, but I read a lot of things about it changing the core gameplay too much. Is that true? i want to stick as close to the original gameplay as possible, but I also heard that it's a pretty ugly game. Should I just play vanilla the first time, or find a graphics overhaul that doesn't change gameplay?

Complete is a great modset but it does introduce some new stuff that wasn't there before. If you want to go full vanilla, I highly suggest Zone Reclamation Project, which is just a giant bugfix pack. Complete has a very old version of ZRP in it.

Myshkin

Anyone else having some weirdness with their Steam Community game count? I was at 340 last week, activated the Ultra SF4 upgrade which brought me down to 339 (?) then redeemed Van Helsing for the DLC in the Humble Bundle just now which brought me down to 337, then I activated KOF13 which brought me up to 338. What?

It sounds like DLC counts negative.
And... I'm OK with that.

I was going to use the Complete mod for STALKER Shadow of Cernobyl, but I read a lot of things about it changing the core gameplay too much. Is that true? i want to stick as close to the original gameplay as possible, but I also heard that it's a pretty ugly game. Should I just play vanilla the first time, or find a graphics overhaul that doesn't change gameplay?

I would still suggest using the Complete mod. The base game isn't ugly as such but it is about 10-12 years old now (since the game was in development hell for about half a decade). The mod fixes quite a few bugs in the scripts and makes many improvements to the AI. It also improves the user interface along with all the graphical tweaks. I wouldn't say that it does anything to detract from the vanilla experience.

Dr Dogg

Still waiting for a reply :| they said they would ship the sample in August so I'm still waiting >_>

Hahaha that's typical. "Hey we can send you this product to review for us. No idea when we send it to you though". Well fingers crossed as there's still just under 2 weeks of August left.

If this is real we can expect a PC release

http://abload.de/img/b1f64170e4d63c7f5798djojjb.jpg[]
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/fca43b9ecefc0129fef90l9k6y.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

Well there's this thread.

[url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853942[/url]

But I guess take it with a pinch of salt. Though if genuine I'd imagine a PC release is easily in the cards as it's been a bit if a Resi love in on Steam the past year and a bit.

Internet high five!

I think I'm a bit the same, although I can be creative in some aspects of life (writing mainly) but when it comes to these creation based sandbox games I end up going on a destructive streak and then getting bored because that's not how the game was designed and there's little reward for destroying stuff. I did make a tower in minecraft once, but after I had built about 5 levels I realised it was too small for what I wanted and couldn't be bothered taking it down to start again.

Ha ha! Yeah, I make things too small as well, then I try to build an outer layer before destroying the inner one.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Haunted, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Haunted, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Critical Mass -- MB-D1D1FA92FE3ECC77 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 2 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-C8A96F4DD4870F90 - Taken by Sharkiller. 7 entrants total.
Tiny and Big Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-507D29F46C32CC91
Deadlight -- MB-5F016AFC200548C1 - Taken by Blak_Status. 7 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Critical Mass was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Error: The key you tried to add for Reign Conflict of Nations failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for Tiny and Big Grandpa's Leftovers was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1408493312z1.png

Backlogger

Please take

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ulgzbKC.png
Chester (Desura) -- MB-7FDAC6DF6651C5DA
ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe (Desura) -- MB-BDF23F69086A8DF3 - Taken by Darth Kupi

bakeray

Anyone gonna be picking up Gauntlet? Was thinking of picking it up but uncertain about getting another grindy game atm with Destiny right around the corner.

Lain

Nothing quite on the level of Sub's ordeal, but I found myself becoming ridiculously annoyed with some of the interactions I was having with people in here and thought I would be much better off without the aggravations. For the most part, I think I was right.

That's sad. I've appreciated your contributions with webms, impressions and tips (like with MGR) about action games. Yesterday we lost Kirosia too.
I hope that after a bit of time away from the thread, you'll feel like coming back.

Anyone gonna be picking up Gauntlet? Was thinking of picking it up but uncertain about getting another grindy game atm with Destiny right around the corner.

Already picked up a four pack for myself and a few friends, looks like it should be a blast. If they stick to the original Gauntlet it shouldn't be too bad for grinding.

Backlogger

I picked it up at Nuuvem for my brother and I. Not sure if its still at the same price but it ended up being cheaper (around $13) than even the 4-pack discount and I only wanted two copies.

Anyone else having some weirdness with their Steam Community game count? I was at 340 last week, activated the Ultra SF4 upgrade which brought me down to 339 (?) then redeemed Van Helsing for the DLC in the Humble Bundle just now which brought me down to 337, then I activated KOF13 which brought me up to 338. What?

I've been noticing weirdness. Since hitting 199 games I've added 4 games and yet I'm currently at 200. :-/

Khronico

I was going to use the Complete mod for STALKER Shadow of Cernobyl, but I read a lot of things about it changing the core gameplay too much. Is that true? i want to stick as close to the original gameplay as possible, but I also heard that it's a pretty ugly game by today's standards. Should I just play vanilla the first time, or find a graphics overhaul that doesn't change gameplay?

It's an ok mod but some changes are a bit controversial to STALKER fans. Not sure how out of date this list of gameplay changes is but:

- All weapons have their accuracy increased 10-20%
- All damage decreased by few percents.
- Weight limit increased by 10kg, maximum being 70kg. In vanilla the Exo-suit enabled up to 80kg!
- Limits NPC's eye sight distance so they can't spot you from beyond ~100 meters. =You see them always first. Said to remove enemies skill to spot you from"unrealistic distances".
- Sound radius of knife and other critical sounds such as falling dead bodies, grass, and footsteps greatly reduced
- Reduced the sound distance of death cries
- Repair Kit - A special item to the game that allows you to repair weapons and armors out in the Zone. Can be purchased or found.
- The bar trader and Screw now sell weapons and armor repair services.
- Elite Nightvision - Black & white night vision based on the psy_antenna postprocess effect. Replaces the original UV-based blue NV, and lets you see perfectly in the darkness, be there light sources or not.
- The old, “green” night vision has much less noise and blur. NVs don't emit any audio noise anymore (=can't be heard by NPCs/mutants).
- scientific suits with 90% rad protection now feature an anti-rad injection system.
- bandages auto-apply at 10% health.
- enabled a tracer effect for armor-piercing bullets, making them visually distinguishable when use
- allows looting cash from bodies (CS & CoP only)
- You can BRIBE hostile factions to leave you alone.

There's definitely some direct improvements in that list but most hardcore fans (like me) don't like how it makes the game easier overall. I would say try it out and see what you think.

For me personally, I played through the game 4 times. Once vanilla, 2 times with the LURK mod (which is pretty awesome) and a recent 4th with the Lost Alpha mod (which is my favorite)

Nice HB, just the other day my brother was bummed out a new update for Terraria on Android wiped his saves. Now he can play on PC without having to worry too much about that.

Grief.exe

Now is that Resident Evil 2: Revelations (IE a RE2 REmake) or Resident Evil: Revelations 2? It's obviously the latter considering the style of the cover, but I can still hope for the former.

For anyone who plays Euro Truck Simulator 2 (all 2 of us), achievements have been added...but they aren't active yet. That'll take several more weeks for testing.

Miker

Then consider me excited. At the moment it sounds like Parker isn't returning though, which kinda sucks.

I could do without Keith and Quint. Actually, I didn't care for any of the characters in REvelaitons besides Jill and Chris, and I only cared for them because they're Jill and Chris. Frankly I think REvelaitons would've been better off as a lone spin-off, because the plot was one of its weakest points anyway, and I'm not sure what events I would actually want to see in a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom