• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeD

I already wondered what went missing from my account after my game count went one down yesterday...

Valve really should send a notification or something when stuff like this happens

yeah my count dropped a bunch recently, and i just assumed it was all the +1s i got from free games. i had no idea that could include purchased games that went free after the fact though. i will be genuinely angry if it happens with a game i actually care about.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RIP in peace ModBot​

Sorry about that folks; the VPS ModBot has been on since I started moving rebooted overnight as part of a routine software update, but I guess I didn't set up a cron job to automatically relaunch ModBot when it came back. ModBot should be catching up on the backlog for the next few minutes and then you'll be free to use it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-6E733BFFA1EDA346 - Taken by Fare Godmace. 11 entrants total.
Overruled! -- MB-CBBD1437459627F3 - Taken by topyy. 14 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-0BFFA67D457EC372 - Taken by Leg-End
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-7542EDE9754B6775 - Taken by anastef
Overruled! #3 -- MB-DF3ADBC86B41BABB - Taken by darkchewie. 13 entrants total.
Hitman: Contracts -- MB-7DEDFDEF60D4A2BC - Taken by Haunted. 8 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-CD0546FE5E48FB76 - Taken by Sendou. 14 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-0D09842F319B6844 - Taken by $h@d0w. 6 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-9834A2BB6FBEB482 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 4 entrants total.
UFO Aftermath -- MB-E3E9EB388C3E27F2 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
AI War Collection -- MB-9D1E93C45A8B48FB - Taken by WinterDemons
Overruled! #2 -- MB-DBCB25567140C7BC - Taken by JakeD. 13 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-2C586BCEB6C0BA7F - Taken by Saty
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-18468CD20C06E466 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 11 entrants total.

t1408806326z1.png

Dr Dogg

Well after a bit of monkeying around (and a Looting Grinding distraction) finally manage to get a smooth 60fps at 2560x1440 in The Witcher 2 including cutscenes. For a game that is 3 years old and only using 800mb-1.1gb of VRAM there are few and far between games that look this good rendered in real time.

Night Dive's trademark filings will be published for opposition a month from now and they'll be granted 30 days thereafter assuming nobody objects.

Ah nice. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and they ends like the SS2 situ with GOG exclusive for a couple of months then onto steam with chieveos and cards.

Bank holiday weekend, and I have all day to play Steam games. Time to fire up MOUNTAIN!

Yep that's what I thought seeing as I've got some breathing room the next couple of days. Then Shackles mentioned Diablo III and I lost an hour already.

That sounds more like a talent show. Firax Icon!

tioslash

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for tioslash:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tioslash, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Red Faction: Armageddon -- MB-49D0ED25FB741EC1 - Taken by Pakkidis. 8 entrants total.

t1408806212z1.png

Vazduh

Have that unredeemed keys section on your Humble Bundle account been there for long?

Nice feature!

Didn't notice that. Thx.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

ARMA: Gold Edition -- MB-B91F0A5CEBBF8E07 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Take On Helicopters -- MB-AF3480EF2257AF77 - Taken by anastef
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-495CF4E478662F70

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah nice. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and they ends like the SS2 situ with GOG exclusive for a couple of months then onto steam with chieveos and cards.

Fox retained ownership of the games themselves, IIRC (I can't double-check at the moment as Copyright.gov is currently down due to "upgrades"), but I wouldn't think that Night Dive would get the ball rolling on the trademarks without first coming to some sort of agreement.

derExperte

So, Reprisal is coming to Steam!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319560/

One of my favorite browser-based games ever and a way better Populous homage than Godus. Fuck. Yeah.

electrolyte* [Entwickler] 22. Aug. um 11:03 Uhr

Hi Sly

If you already own the original Reprisal from Desura you'll get a free Steam Key as soon as it's launched. I will need to add them to the Desura system but it appears to be straight forward :D

http://steamcommunity.com/app/319560/discussions/0/35221584453112198/

Was in The Fall Bundle from Indieroyale.

Sendou

Have that unredeemed keys section on your Humble Bundle account been there for long?

Nice feature!

Had no idea... Well that's Waking Mars added to my Steam account! Here's some duplicates:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sendou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Aquaria -- MB-97879E8E357A4502 - Taken by Vazduh. 2 entrants total.
Broken Age (Ouya) -- MB-3111C9E56FAAD958 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-94179035735E14A8
McPixel -- MB-970059CAC08EB2AC - Taken by Capt.Haddock. 1 entrants total.
Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-B3062CAC3B6AA3CC - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-6AC28DF27BC5BFA9 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-8B1A77786494410D - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-5B3E6B7FF753483C - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
The Basement Collection -- MB-8F6AC47F70F8C553 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.

t1408799066z1.png

Jawmuncher

wow mitsurugi kamui hikae showers you with achievements

what's funnier is that it unlocks them all when you close the game so i just like got like 10 achievements straight lol

pretty fun game, thought it was gonna be a lot more cringey

Yeah its a decent game. Played through on easy. The only thing I wish was for the music to be better. But I guess you could just play your own.

Asgaro

i feel like picking up Mafia II but im not sure..

hows the story?

I would pick it up only based on the setting already!
There aren't enough games in that era...

Apart from the awesome setting, the storyline is decent. But not that it stands out.
I got 18 hours out of it.

Do cards drop if you are not using Steam Overlay? More so, do people see "PetriP-TNT is playing Bad Rats 2: Rat Waifu" if the overlay is off? Or just "PetriP-TNT is in game" or nothing?

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Defense Grid 2 Beta -- MB-2FCD6DC9C49E343F - Taken by EzioCroft

JaseC

Do cards drop if you are not using Steam Overlay? More so, do people see "PetriP-TNT is playing Bad Rats 2: Rat Waifu" if the overlay is off? Or just "PetriP-TNT is in game" or nothing?

The overlay has nothing to do with drops, which is why SAM, the app id trick and Idle Master work just fine despite the user not actually being in the game in question. As long as Steam considers you in-game in a game that has drops to offer, you'll get cards.

Asgaro

Couldn't imagine playing a game without listening and reading everything I can get my hands on.

That's why I'm afraid of getting into Skyrim.
(Yes, it's 2014 and I haven't played it yet. Last Steam sale finally bought it.)

I read there are books to be found.
I just know I'll be reading most of those books by sitting at a cozy campfire.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It's okay, not good but not bad either. Just remember not to play it as an open world game.

Got 2 foil drops all of a sudden;

I feel there has to be some code or rhyme or reason behind foil drops besides completely random, the other day I got two foil drops around the same time myself. It could be coincidence and extreme luck, but it felt kind of weird to get one right after the other.

Very nice SubZero! Gonna go for Hitman Absolution!
--
Been trying to fix my uncles laptop which auto-bluescreens into restart. Used my Ubuntu-USB to boot into Ubuntu without installing it to backup his files on my external HDD. But Ubuntu keeps giving me error messages all the time when I copy stuff. Is there any other good OS which can be installed and started from USB without installing it?

Dusk Golem

Also, quick thing about Curse: The Eye of Isis;

header_292x136.jpg

I haven't played it myself, but I've heard from others it's pretty good. It's a Resident Evil clone game with an Egyptian mythological theme that takes place in a museum. I think it's worthwhile to mention when older horror titles hit Steam, and this is one of them I've recognized and need to try at some point (especially as I already own it). Generally for a Resident Evil clone, it's been recognized as a good one by horror fans, easier than the 'average' horror game, but also notable some improved controls from the era, decent voice acting from the era, pretty good music, and a pretty interesting story. Not in the amazing league, but the good league. But it's $2.99 right now, so...

So since Dragon Age Inquisition isn't coming to Steam, only Origin.

Should I get it for PS4 or Origin?

I heard that everyone is hating on Origin. Why?
Cuz it's not steam, and it lies about the download speed, besides those reasons, probably none.

And get it on PC.
Can anyone tell me what these redux-versions are for Metro? Do they offer a better performance?
I've been told that 2033's performance is vastly improved.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
... wow, I have a lot of unredeemed Humble Bundle keys. That can't be right.

Also, quick thing about Curse: The Eye of Isis;

header_292x136.jpg

I haven't played it myself, but I've heard from others it's pretty good. It's a Resident Evil clone game with an Egyptian mythological theme that takes place in a museum. I think it's worthwhile to mention when older horror titles hit Steam, and this is one of them I've recognized and need to try at some point (especially as I already own it).

meridian4 and anuman, that's a recipe for bundle inclusion if ever i've seen one

Dusk Golem

meridian4 and anuman, that's a recipe for bundle inclusion if ever i've seen one

Quite possibly, and maybe now that it's on Steam, but this game has been available on a few other sites for years (I know as I've had the GamersGate version of the game for at least three years now), and so far no bundles, but again, maybe Steam release will change that.

Cuz it's not steam, and it lies about the download speed, besides those reasons, probably none.

And get it on PC.

I've been told that 2033's performance is vastly improved.

What about Last Light? Wondering if I should buy it and play it on my 6870 or just wait till I am back in China and play it on my 270x.

JaseC

Can anyone tell me what these redux-versions are for Metro? Do they offer a better performance?

2033:
Metro 2033 Redux is the definitive version of the cult classic ‘Metro 2033’, rebuilt in the latest and greatest iteration of the 4A Engine for Next Gen. Fans of the original game will find the unique world of Metro transformed with incredible lighting, physics and dynamic weather effects. Newcomers will get the chance to experience one of the finest story-driven shooters of all time; an epic adventure combining gripping survival horror, exploration and tactical combat and stealth.

All the gameplay improvements and features from the acclaimed sequel ‘Metro: Last Light’ have been transferred to Metro 2033 Redux – superior AI, controls, animation, weapon handling and many more – to create a thrilling experience for newcomers and veterans alike. With two unique play-styles, and the legendary Ranger Mode included, Metro 2033 Redux offers hours of AAA gameplay for an incredible price.

Last Light:
Metro: Last Light Redux is the definitive version of the critically acclaimed ‘Metro: Last Light’, rebuilt in the latest and greatest iteration of the 4A Engine for Next Gen. Newcomers will get the chance to experience one of the finest story-driven shooters of all time; an epic adventure combining gripping survival horror, exploration and tactical combat and stealth.

This definitive version also includes all previously released DLC, adding 10 hours of bonus single-player content to the huge solo campaign. Fans of the original game will notice new features and gameplay improvements, including new melee animations, the ability to check your watch and ammo supplies on the fly, and new full-body player animations.

And those who favoured the more survival-horror oriented gameplay of the cult prequel ‘Metro 2033’ will find a new way to experience the campaign thanks to the introduction of two unique Play Styles – Survival and Spartan. The former transforms Last light from a more action-oriented stealth combat experience to a fraught, slow burn fight for survival. With the legendary Ranger Mode included to offer an extra layer of challenge and immersion, Metro: Last Light Redux offers hours of AAA gameplay for an incredible price.

As for your performance question, it depends, ranging from "not really" to a flat-out "no".

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 12 Steam keys and 4 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 Late Night Key (Origin) : -- MB-2F4AD05F6724AE66 - Taken by JustLynx
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander - Conscripts Support Tactics : -- MB-1C274E3258FE0A49 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Strife Beta Key : -- MB-CA3EFFBFB78A1F25 - Taken by kvothe
Neverwinter Online Random Item : -- MB-67BBBA736E5D67ED - Taken by SSPssp
Hero Academy Gold Pack Content Code : -- MB-AFF2BF8B273E2556 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Skin - Four Color Belorussian : -- MB-D64D0B30C260523C - Taken by Darth Kupi
Landmark 1-Week Closed Beta Key : -- MB-C9F6840DD48A8791 - Taken by jfredsilva
vRvbDCu.png
Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe (Origin) : -- MB-08A31547CB59DA3E - Taken by nightstorm
SMITE - Almighty Zeus : -- MB-DCF41C342D9B38C5 - Taken by jfredsilva
Warframe Booster Pack : -- MB-925BAACB87E2858B - Taken by redlacs
Company of Heroes 2: German Skin - Four Color Disruptive Pattern : -- MB-7784136809441A02 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Company of Heroes 2: German Commander - Storm Doctrine : -- MB-A58B60F3F49D1FD1 - Taken by Darth Kupi
One Month of Twitch Turbo : -- MB-A714C4FC522CC78E - Taken by PriitV
vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 (Origin) : -- MB-4947F3C889E10F86 - Taken by JustLynx
vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff Key (Origin) : -- MB-BDC41A1D7D6D7D16 - Taken by Yrael
EVE Online: Trial Key : -- MB-E1A18F1EFA7EE55D

maxcriden

Hope it's okay to post this again, but we're giving away more Steam games to promote Alex's fundraiser than I really know what to do with, so, please come enter for some, as many as you like....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=878921

iBztXsF9k3VCp.jpg

Radeon HD 7950
AX7950 3GBD5-2DHV4

PCI Express 3.0 x16

3GB 384-Bit

GDDR5

In addition to the amazingness above, we're also now giving away these Steam gifts and a ton more in the OP:

-Trine Enhanced Edition
-Arcania and Gothic Bundle
-Monkey Island Bundle
-Mount and Blade Collection
-Sniper Elite
-Bastion
-Bejeweled 3
-Deus Ex:HR
-Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack
-Aliens vs. Predator
-L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
-Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
-Legend of Grimrock
-Trine 2: Complete Story
-Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
-Indie Bundle I
-Alan Wake Franchise
-Alice: Madness Returns
-Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition
-Vessel
-Bastion
-Fallout:NV
-Orcs Must Die 2- Complete Pack 2 Gift
-Mirror's Edge
-Sonic Generations
-Company of Heroes Complete Pack
-Super Meatboy Soundtrack
-Steam
-Steam
-Far Cry® 2: Fortune's Edition
-Krater
-Darksiders Franchise Pack
-Torchlight II
-R.U.S.E.
-BioShock
-Deadlight
-Prince of Persia
-Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands™ Digital Deluxe Edition
-Red Orchestra 2
-Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
-Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition
-Dead Island GOTY Gift
-Star Wars Republic Commando
-Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile
-Just Cause 2
-Tomb Raider: Anniversary
-Tomb Raider III
-Tomb Raider II
-Tomb Raider I
-Tomb Raider VI: The Angel of Darkness
-Tomb Raider V: Chronicles
-STAR WARS®: Knights of the Old Republic™ II
-Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion
-Sleeping Dogs
-Infestation: Survivor Stories
-Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition
-Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
-Just Cause
-Retro City Rampage
-Rise of the Triad
-Don't Starve
-The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
-The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
-Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2
-Dead Island: Epidemic
-Master Reboot
-Can't Stop Laughing Bundle
-Tropico 4
-Tropico 4 (two copies)
-Original XCOM game set (X-COM: Apocalypse, X-COM: Enforcer, X-COM: Interceptor, X-COM: Terror from the Deep, X-COM: UFO Defense)
-Original XCOM game set (X-COM: Apocalypse, X-COM: Enforcer, X-COM: Interceptor, X-COM: Terror from the Deep, X-COM: UFO Defense) (two copies)
-Crusader Kings II w/ 3 DLC sets (African, Norse, Russian Unit packs)
-Hitman Blood Money
-Just Cause
-The Last Remnant
-Nosgoth Veteran Pack
-Daikatana
-Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
-Hitman: Codename 47
-Thief Gold
-Deadlight
-Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Little Inferno -- MB-F8C458250DA23B1B - Taken by DontBlink. 2 entrants total.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-5910F7368F5A997C - Taken by Andrefpvs. 1 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-36DDAEA8F5A91223 - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.
Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure -- MB-CD73D1719AC677FD - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-B02B8915E80C0552
All keys in this list come from Humble's "unredeemed keys" list, so hopefully they're actually unredeemed
Aura: Fate of the Ages -- MB-8A53E60AE96944AC - Taken by wagamer. 2 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-900BDB74548CDC6B - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
FTL Faster than Light -- MB-7D4860688B0E2659 - Taken by t0rment. 1 entrants total.

t1408801766z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom