• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

Anyone know where I can grab that must-have patch for Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines? ("unofficial 8.4.2 plus" or something like that)

Every link I try seems down.

Wok

Anyone know where I can grab that must-have patch for Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines? ("unofficial 8.4.2 plus" or something like that)

Every link I try seems down.

Register on ModDB (or use your Desura account) and download it from there.

woYe0.jpg

Madridy

It is unbelieveble how fast big budget "AAA" games keep dropping to the $5-$10 price range within one year of their release.

Not that I'm complaining or anything, just find it weird (in a good way).

Flayer

I only bought The Walking Dead and Hotline Miami. There were a few other sales I will buy later (Dishonoured, Civ5 G&K, Castle Crashers among other) but I am happy to wait until Xmas or later for those.

Platy

ok ... THEORICALY I got :

Orcs Must Die 2 2-Pack with a friend
Orc Must die Game of the year
Toki Tori
Noitu Love 2
Critter Crunch
Offspring Fling!
Audiosurf
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Complete
Tony Hawk HD (for a friend)

....but because of Boleto weirdness, I only have Orc Must Die 2 and Street Fighter with me =(

I'm not even sure if I pm the capy dude because I don't know if it processed my Critter Crunch sale =/

wazoo

For £4.4- Sacred 2 Gold was so worth it, though. I haven't touched it since I played it on the PS3
and my blu-ray drive died.
. I'm very happy to have finally gotten to play it, with the expansion, on PC.

Considering the dev is dead, you have gotten one of the last keys in circulation. So, did I.

Sye d'Burns

Considering the dev is dead, you have gotten one of the last keys in circulation. So, did I.

Don't I know it!

Once I went through the ordeal of installing/patching my way to completion, I dumped a dozen or so hours into a solo game. I understand the official servers are gone and haven't looked too much into alternative methods of mp yet.

Restarted Tomb Raider Legend after years. Didn't get that far the first time around, reached 32% in 2.5h this time. Playing with a 360 controller.

It's good, I'm enjoying it for the most part. The platforming and puzzles are pretty good even if a bit linear and obvious, at least so far. Sadly the controls are iffy for almost everything. It seems that I can get nothing 100% right but almost never to the point of being frustrating. I missed a few ropes for unknown reasons but since it's rather generous with the checkpoints it's never that much of an issue. Moving blocks can die in a fire though, awful. I think my favourite thing is mashing the roll button and do some crazy acrobatics.

Combat is as hilariously awful as I remember it. I recommend playing it on Easy (I'm doing Normal) just so you can get it over with. Seriously, whatever CD does with the new Tomb Raider at least the combat won't be as tedious as this. There are some quicktime events, nothing major and not as offensive as some other stuff. Could have done without them because QTEs are generally not fun but they don't sour the experience.

I can't believe that this was a 2006 title, sometimes I forget how ugly some games looked back then. Everything looks so flat and low poly, except for the weapons which are super detailed compared to the rest for some strange reason. The story is nothing to write home about, typical B-movie garbage with some funny or not so funny quips thrown in. Generic British accent Lara (and every other woman really) is ridiculously hot, main villain is so forgettable every time he appears it feels like they introduced a new character. Cinematics are skippable the first time around so it's all good.

As I said, pretty enjoyable but nothing special. I heard that Anniversary is much better though and if I'm not burnt out by the time I reach the end I'll play that next.

Kimaka

I only got Magic 2012 Gold Game Bundle and Legend of Grimrock from Steam this time around. The other games I got, Sims 3, Kimgdoms of Amalur and Lego Harry Potter 1-4, were a better buy elsewhere.

ok ... THEORICALY I got :

Orcs Must Die 2 2-Pack with a friend
Orc Must die Game of the year
Toki Tori
Noitu Love 2
Critter Crunch
Offspring Fling!
Audiosurf
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Complete
Tony Hawk HD (for a friend)

....but because of Boleto weirdness, I only have Orc Must Die 2 and Street Fighter with me =(

I'm not even sure if I pm the capy dude because I don't know if it processed my Critter Crunch sale =/
Everything I've ever heard about boletos makes them sound amazing.

Sarcasm.

Damn, I was leaving "Home" towards the end of the sale to see if there was any other great deal on indie games coming up... I completely forgot about it.

feel

Thanks but I couldn't get that one to work, in the end it gave me a link that was offline (maybe a problem on my end).

Register on ModDB (or use your Desura account) and download it from there.
Thank you, didn't realize they had multiple mirrors after you signed up, will try one of these when I return home.

source is much better.
No way!

PaulLFC

Activation must be down too, tried to activate the Amnesia Fortnight bundle, and the activation bar is increasing every 10 seconds or so (it usually just freezes for about 5 seconds then activates). Hope it doesn't eat the key.

Edit: "Invalid product code". I'll try later.

1-D_FTW

In other words, where you would start a new game, play until you die, and get a score.

When you get a sector key, you can play somewhere else. But, yes, it's a high score arcade game. Don't think I was misleading anyone about that. You play a sector until you die. You can then either replay to best your score, or play in a different sector.

You do unlock "Journey" mode after like reaching level six or something. Haven't actually played that mode yet, though, so I can't tell you how different it is.

EDIT: In case you don't grasp it right away (like me), make sure you spend your upgrade points (bench should be one of your first unlocks you get). Always spend you points on the bench as you get them. They reset with each sector. Also, make sure you raid the cabinets for gun upgrades when you're treasure looting.

Also, although combat gets you bench upgrade points, it's not always wise to fight. Burn holes in the structure, get your loot, and get out. The quicker you can loot a container, the better.

Enco

Yeah. Scheduled maintenance.

Valve sucks at informing customers about downtime. The only way I knew about it was from a thread at SPUF which I wager only a tiny portion of Steam users read.
Valve sucks at releasing any sort of information.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Fuck, so this is going to be down for hours?

I wanted to buy the CS pack. 10 euros for all four games is crazy

I missed out on the street fighter bundle. Too bad, I've been trying to find a suitable fighter to test my new computer out on.

I did get Bastion and Hotline Miami though. So that's something to look forward to.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Valve sucks at releasing any sort of information.

I present to you: The Valve Steam downtime announcement thread

And I quote:
We'll be doing routine maintenance on the Steam Servers on Tuesday November 27th around 15:00 PST (GMT-0800)

Game play should not be interrupted, chat, game lobbies and community web features will be affected for the duration of the maintenance. Some content downloads may be briefly interrupted.

Granted, it only has 2 million views, so a lot of users are probably left uninformed and that is kind of dumb, yes. They ought to have a pop-up on Steam the day before the maintenance.

Edit: OH, that was the entire point of your two posts, sorry dudes. Now I probably came off as a bit of an ass.

When you get a sector key, you can play somewhere else. But, yes, it's a high score arcade game. Don't think I was misleading anyone about that. You play a sector until you die. You can then either replay to best your score, or play in a different sector.

You do unlock "Journey" mode after like reaching level six or something. Haven't actually played that mode yet, though, so I can't tell you how different it is.

EDIT: In case you don't grasp it right away (like me), make sure you spend your upgrade points (bench should be one of your first unlocks you get). Always spend you points on the bench as you get them. They reset with each sector. Also, make sure you raid the cabinets for gun upgrades when you're treasure looting.

Also, although combat gets you bench upgrade points, it's not always wise to fight. Burn holes in the structure, get your loot, and get out. The quicker you can loot a container, the better.
Ah I see, you have to get into the thing to start a game. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom