• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitzkozan

I finally corrected my mistake from the summer sale. :] I passed on the SSFIV AE complete package, but not this time since I lost faith that I will be able to get such a cheap deal on PSN/Xbox live. Especially the latter which doesn't discount above 50% nowadays. If the player pool is or become too low, I can always just buy a cheap AE edition copy to take advantage of the 360 playerbase which is still relatively healthy.

So it was just a 1 game purchase for me, but I'm keeping my remaining spending budget for the winter sale. It's nice that I already bought my Christmas presents or usual boxing day purchase one month ahead of time for once.

Wow. Really?

With all due respect, as someone who read and posted throughout this entire thread I would have to say that your complaints really aren't reasonable, nor is your description of this thread as a whole. It also doesn't match the typical Steam Sale threads from the past.

Lists of what people bought are legitimate and very typical of these threads and mostly only occur near the end of the threads. I actually enjoy seeing these. It gives me info on what is potentially worthwhile to pick up at the end of a sale or in the next sale. Also, there wasn't so much 4-pack chatter as to "bury" any other posts, and I certainly find that chatter more beneficial to the thread and community experience as a whole than people complaining about how the technical questions they ask aren't being answered in the manner they require. I just now used your wording from your question in a google search and from the results basically came to the conclusion that you did later.

Come on, man... The game looks and plays nice, why not focus on that instead of taking issues about a poor game port out on the rest of the thread? Maybe the issue wasn't that it was "buried" but that no one knew the information themselves...

I'm not sure what makes you think that that post was the reason for my post(s). I already bought the game when I found out so the "damage" was already done, no hard feelings.

I just enjoy the regular Steam thread with the game discussions, small impressions/reviews, tech support, warnings, recommendations etc. more than sale threads and mods have decided that those can't co-exist so I have to wait it out. I'm glad I guess that you don't feel this way and I apologize if I came iff as an asshole and made it sound like I was attacking members. I should have worded it better.

Double

I bought Gods & Kings during this sale for $7. So far I've noticed the following changes:

- added religion, seems like a neat feature but not overly game changing
- added espionage, very basic and simple
- added some new units to fill gaps between medieval and modern, they haven't seemed to useful yet
- added various UI tweaks and such, some nice little changes
- changed city state interactions a bit, quests are handled differently, I like it alot better now
- AI seems less spastic and moody, need to play more to really tell

As far as the late game turns taking a long time, I don't think that was improved at all. It still feels kind of long to me. And I'm playing on a beast of an I7 Sandy Bridge, on a standard continent with only 7 other civs.

So in short, I'm glad I only payed $7 for it. It makes some good little changes but nothing major. If I had payed the full $30 for this I'd be upset.
Hm aight, thank you very much, sir!

Cramoss

Same, but replace 40 with 90... :/

Except I've had a gaming laptop and Mac.

4OEN3.gif

All for our lord Gaben.

kitzkozan

Only bought KotOR II.

Forgot to buy that one, but I'm sure it will be on sale again for the winter sale. XD For the next sale I'm adding myself another rule to go along the dailies and flash deals which is the GMG/Amazon factor, since I wanted Doom III BFG and GMG offered it for even cheaper with 50% off + a 25% off coupon.

cicero

I'm not sure what makes you think that that post was the reason for my post(s). I already bought the game when I found out so the "damage" was already done, no hard feelings.

I just enjoy the regular Steam thread with the game discussions, small impressions/reviews, tech support, warnings, recommendations etc. more than sale threads and mods have decided that those can't co-exist so I have to wait it out. I'm glad I guess that you don't feel this way and I apologize if I came iff as an asshole and made it sound like I was attacking members. I should have worded it better.
About Tony Hawk, it just seemed like that popped up around the time that the heavier 4-pack chatter started. Apparently my Sherlock skills are actually Watson level. :|

I like the regular thread for those things too, but your posts did come off a bit obnoxious though. No apology necessary, and I am actually in agreement with you about keeping the main Steam thread open during sales. I mostly just enjoy these threads for what they are and the benefit they provide.

Tizoc

Well come January I'll be buying a new lappy with a big HDD space for all them mods...if not for the size of all the stuff I got in GoG and Steam...and eventually Origin.

cicero

Will be missing a few meals after my haul...

Kohan Warchest
Syberia Bundle
RAGE
Critter Crunch
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack
Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC
Killing Floor - Community Weapon Pack
Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter (Traded Xeno Clash for it)
Alan Wake
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
Batman Arkham City GOTY
English Country Tune
Dungeons of Dredmor: Conquest of the Wizardlands
Drakensang: The River of Time

Steam activating games from Amazon sales:
Dead Island GOTY
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings

Paradox War Chest bundle
  • Gettysburg Armored Warfare
  • Victoria II
  • Victoria II - A House Divided - DLC
  • King Arthur II

Pint Sized Paradox Package bundle
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Ruler Design DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC

ShaneB

Well, before this thread is closed, I guess I'll post my haul despite what I said earlier :p

A gift of Rochard and Critter Crunch, and Hell Yeah for a buck and change from gmg pre sale.. actually playing games keeping me busy and knowing christmas sale is when I'll really splurge definitely kept me in check this sale.

Q8Jkn.jpg

Might as well sum it up...

RAGE
The Walking Dead
Dead Island GOTY
Intrusion 2
Thief Gold
Thief II
Quantum Conundrum Season Pass (right before I checked GAF...)
The Basement Collection
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (aforementioned DLC shame)
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Batman Arkham City GOTY
LEGO Batman 2
Orcs Must Die! - Artifacts of Power DLC, Orcs Must Die! - Lost Adventures DLC
Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack - 2 Pack
Ankh - Heart of Osiris
Puzzle Dimension
Analogue: A Hate Story Game and Soundtrack Bundle
Dungeons of Dredmor CotW
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Complete Pack

Only things I didn't see on sale I wanted were FTL, Thomas Was Alone (which is pretty new), and I skipped the one time Deadlight was in a Flash Sale, thinking it was like the previous Flash Sales which turned over faster and repeated. I also wouldn't have minded I Am Alive, but 33% off wasn't enough to pick it up right now.

Fantomex

I think people are probably just catching up with the thread and haven't seen the other posts you made afterwards. So I would just ignore them from this point on.

2€ for Super Hexagon isn't bad. Anybody bought it yet or knows how it'll play? I somehow feel that mapping it to the 360 triggers would be the best way to play it.

I think people are probably just catching up with the thread and haven't seen the other posts you made afterwards. So I would just ignore them from this point on.

I already did so for the kneejerk/gif posts but cicero's showed me that I hadn't really explained all that well what I meant.

Fantomex

I think we should probably start a new tradition here where on the first day after a steam sale, random gafers just buy me stuff on steam. It really sounds like a great idea. Fantomexivus is what I'm calling it.

kitzkozan

By the way I'm about to purchase Doom III BFG edition on GMG for $11, but I'm wondering if it's really worth it? I know that it's different from the original, but I'm mostly wondering about the packaged Doom 1 & 2 which seems to be incompatible with some mods (widescreen mod doesn't work or so I heard).

By the way I'm about to purchase Doom III BFG edition on GMG for $11, but I'm wondering if it's really worth it? I know that it's different from the original, but I'm mostly wondering about the packaged Doom 1 & 2 which seems to be incompatible with some mods (widescreen mod doesn't work or so I heard).

Word on the streets is that you're better off buying the old versions. DOOM 3 + Sikkmodd (and others) and DOOM 1 + 2 with zDoom or alternatives are the definitive versions.

Echoplx

Pretty sure someone in this thread said Max Payne 1 and 2 don't work on Windows 8, just thought i'd mention that they both run fine for me (MP1 still needs the W7 audio fix)

kami_sama

Pretty sure someone in this thread said Max Payne 1 and 2 don't work on Windows 8, just thought i'd mention that they both run fine for me (MP1 still needs the W7 audio fix)
Every game that GAF said that had problems in W7 I could run them (some with fixes).

Most disappointing sale ever for Steam, only picked up like 3 games.

Maybe its a combination of owning almost everything im interested in plus Amazon,GMG and others having better deals all around.

Oh well, here is hoping Valve gets its act back together.

Volcynika

Most disappointing sale ever for Steam, only picked up like 3 games.

Maybe its a combination of owning almost everything im interested in plus Amazon,GMG and others having better deals all around.

Oh well, here is hoping Valve gets its act back together.

I also hope Valve can make publishers do what they want! :p

They can't exactly set the prices of all the games to whatever they want without any publisher input.

Firebrand

Only picked up SS4AE this sale. My holiday sale haul will probably be a bit bigger if I can get through some of the stuff I got at the summer sale first.

(And oh, Skyrim's 62% off ($22.50) on GMG with voucher, if anyone still is looking for that)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Will be missing a few meals after my haul...

Kohan Warchest

NICE! Have you ever played Kohan before? To this day it's still one of my favorite RTS games of all time. Some of the multiplayer games we used to play here on GAF were some of the best gaming moments of my past.

Helmholtz

Man, I'm kinda bummed that they didn't do a recap of the sale or something, I missed the hotline miami sale. Guess I'll wait until December.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So I ended up with:

The Walking Dead
Mark of the Ninja
A Valley Without Wind (More of an accident, but hey)
Torchlight 2

But most importantly.. did the mascots survive?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom