• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Most disappointing sale ever for Steam, only picked up like 3 games.

Maybe its a combination of owning almost everything im interested in plus Amazon,GMG and others having better deals all around.

Oh well, here is hoping Valve gets its act back together.

Gonna just assume you own Cargo Commander by that kind of talk.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So now we are waiting for MRORANGE to start the new thread now that the sale is over?

Someone else can do it, though. It's not like he's our unofficial Steam community manager or something.

But anyways, best sale I've had in awhile. Didn't spend a ton but I think I'll be getting a lot of playtime out of my modest haul.

Amzin

Got:
SR3 complete
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (thanks friend!)
OMD2 DLC for me + wife
Spec Ops: The Line ($5 woo)
Gods & Kings

I plan on getting Dishonered & Sleeping Dogs either as gifts from people or to myself during the holiday sale, plus a few things on my wishlist that didn't hit daily/flash deals this sale.

Salsa

super hexagon out of nowhere!

is the PC version mouse controlled? I remember the flash prototype being keyboard only and it was tough as shit. Way tougher than on iphone

cicero

NICE! Have you ever played Kohan before? To this day it's still one of my favorite RTS games of all time. Some of the multiplayer games we used to play here on GAF were some of the best gaming moments of my past.

I haven't played to any extent, no. I actually bought the Kohan War Chest on Direct2Drive right before they went under/went Gamefly and never did download them before they were removed. It was the in-depth Kohan threads and references here and some crossover chatter on Quarter to Three that got and kept me me really interested in finally putting some time into the series. So once it popped up on Steam I wishlisted it and waited for a sale. I didn't think it would get so low so soon though.

Joe Molotov

Saw that Gangland Style DLC for Sleepy Dogs, and for a second I thought it was Gangnam Style. I wouldn't mind having that yellow suit.

derExperte

Like i've said before, games should run as well on 8 as they did on 7. The only games having problems are GFWL games and there's an easy fix to those.

Some don't. LA Noire needed a patch and Hotline Miami crashs even more. The list is short but there are games that have problems.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I haven't played to any extent, no. I actually bought the Kohan War Chest on Direct2Drive right before they went under/went Gamefly and never did download them before they were removed. It was the in-depth Kohan threads and references here and some crossover chatter on Quarter to Three that got and kept me me really interested in finally putting some time into the series. So once it popped up on Steam I wishlisted it and waited for a sale. I didn't think it would get so low so soon though.

It's an old game that was popular for a bit until they made Kohan 2 and ruined all the excitement. I have it on my wishlist too. Even though I own it already, I keep thinking I'll buy it again for the $2.49 it always gets dropped to during steam sales, just so I have it in case my disc goes bad.

I wish they'd make a Kohan 3 that was an updated modern version of the game, but kept all of what made the original so great. But that will never happen now.

It's good in singleplayer but the game REALLY shines in multiplayer. Maybe we should try to get another NeoGAF Kohan fest together for a few nights again...

Final plug for Nyu Media games at the Steam sale!

Fairy Bloom Freesia : $7.99 → $3.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/214590/

The eXceed Collection: $9.99 → $4.99!
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15960/

ETHER VAPOR Remaster: $7.99 → $3.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/214570/

SATAZIUS: $5.99 → $2.99!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203990/

** Cherry Tree High Comedy Club just released on Steam and is available for $7.99!

Did you actually click those links before posting? Sale is over.
Also, I'm not sure advertising like this is even allowed.

Ended up getting

Botanicula
Hotline Miami
Legend of Grimrock
Portal 2 (already own it on 360)
Civilization V GOTY + Gods and Kings
To the Moon
The Witcher 1 + 2
and Zeno Clash

solarus

Mark of the ninja (gifted) and hotline miami. Nothing close to previous sales, mostly because I have what I want now basically.

God is Chivalry good/awful at times. I dont have any chance as a knight agains a archer. He gets his knife out and swings it like there is no tommorow... then my shield gets down and im dead. When i hit him first he parrys my BIGAXE with a small knife... just wtf is going on?

My Lose
Payday DLC
Critter Crunch
Chivalry
Alan Wake Franchise

Not the best sale so far. I hope Christmas will be better.

nexen

My damage:

Spec Ops: The Line
Age of Empires III Collection
Star Wars: KOTOR 2
Risen 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
Star Raiders

also picked up for Origin:
Kingdoms of Amalur complete
Syndicate

Spec Ops is fantastic, best pickup of the sale for me.
Probably shouldn't have gotten Amalur yet. Won't get to it for awhile.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
God is Chivalry good/awful at times. I dont have any chance as a knight agains a archer. He gets his knife out and swings it like there is no tommorow... then my shield gets down and im dead. When i hit him first he parrys my BIGAXE with a small knife... just wtf is going on?

It's time to begin your training:

Basics (don't skip this video, seriously watch it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfpsoBX3EDk
Advanced Tactics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llnRxtazljg

dreamfall

I tend to buy older games on my wishlist that I forgot about. Picked up:

Kane & Lynch
NBA 2K12
Tony Hawk
Mark of the Ninja
MP3 Season Pass

And Dishonored on GMG for $22.50. It was a fun little sale, bring on the Winter Steam sale!

Rufus

Well... the game doesnt even run nearly this smooth on my pc. I have the feeling that the game itself runs really slow compared to this videos.
Turn down every single setting, it'll still look decent. You want to have a high framerate for multiplayer games, especially ones so reliant on timing.

I found most people to be hacking and slashing mindlessly regardless (and when not, an archer will get you from behind or you're ganged up on), but you'll want to at least even the odds on the technical side of things.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yeah, about 15 mins before posting, but got caught out, sorry.

Thanks for the warning. (If you're saying that because you're offended, go ahead and report me.)

You're permitted to interface with the community, answer questions about your company's games, etc., not to conduct an advertising campaign on the boards.

Tame

this was my first steam sale i've actively participated in and my wallet is 70 quid lighter for it.

But in its place steam did leave an arse load of lovely games in my library

Need to get ma bobbies saved for the winter sale :). Fingers cross for Iron Brigade and Hotline Miami to drop again

Sye d'Burns

I didn't pick up too much at all this go round. If it hadn't been for the paradox packs, it would look downright sparse.

Steam:
Critter Crunch
Dungeons of Dredmor CotW
Silverfall+Earth Awakening Pack
Sengoku
Space Force 2 Rogue Universe
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

Microsoft Store:
Flight Simulator X Gold

Gamersgate.co.uk:
Sacred 2 Gold

Amazon:
Civ V Gods & Kings

Paradox War Chest
* Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943
* Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
* Hearts of Iron III Collection
* King Arthur Collections
* King Arthur II
* Victoria II
* Victoria II - A House Divided

Paradox Seas Bundle
* Commander: Conquest of Americas - Colonial Navy
* Commander: Conquest of Americas
* East India Company Collection
* Naval War: Arctic Circle
* Pirates of Black Cove - Origins DLC
* Pirates of Black Cove
* Ship Simulator Extreme
* Victoria II
* Victoria II - A House Divided

For £4.4- Sacred 2 Gold was so worth it, though. I haven't touched it since I played it on the PS3
and my blu-ray drive died.
. I'm very happy to have finally gotten to play it, with the expansion, on PC.

feel

To the Moon and a CS1.6 gift copy for a friend were all I bought. Since my backlog is huge I will wait for bigger discounts on the stuff on my wishlist (walking dead, dishonored, specops, mark of the ninja, etc).

edit- bought $15 Dark Souls from Amazon too, almost forgot. Couldn't get it to stop crashing on the main menu with durante's mod, will return to it someday and figure out a way to fix it.

oipic

Relatively controlled sale, but still, some backlog management fail:

- Civ5 Gods & Kings
- Critter Crunch
- GalCiv II
- Torchlight 2
- Batman AC GOTY

These are certain purchases during the Winter sale - want to complete the originals first (yeah, right):

- Orcs Must Die 2
- Witcher 2

Great to share another sale with you guys - very much looking forward to Stump's commentary next time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom