• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is zeno clash worth getting? I know its only 69p but I get real anal about having games on my steam list I don't want there.
It's a wonderfully creative world and has a great physicality to the first person combat. It's a unique game, so if you can appreciate that then you won't be wasting your money at all. Go watch some videos if you have to.
Sure. I fell asleep while playing it a couple times but there's some interesting stuff (mostly in the first half, too, so you can just quit playing if you get too bored).
You mean the boat ride? I actually really liked that moment. I know where you're coming from but the game handles downtime and pacing really well imo.

Is zeno clash worth getting? I know its only 69p but I get real anal about having games on my steam list I don't want there.

Sure. I fell asleep while playing it a couple times but there's some interesting stuff (mostly in the first half, too, so you can just quit playing if you get too bored).

iUhun7h0oGZVV.gif

It's.... beautiful.

AHA-Lambda

Will I like Borderlands 2 if I didn't like the first? At the right price, given the praise it's gotten (and the fact that it works on mac) I may pick it up.

SA-X

Q.U.B.E. is on sale for 75% off. Fuck it its bought before I forget, its already $3.74 so at most I'll save a buck if it goes on a daily, lol.

Guys, how's Offspring Fling?

I really, really dig Offspring Fling. Really captures the SNES puzzle platformer feel but with modern design sensibilities added in. And at that price, its a no-brainer. Plus Kyle Pulver (the game's maker) is a radical dude deserving of support. ITS ALL WIN-WIN.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, can't see the images at work. Anyone minds posting them in text form?

(I haven't read the thread yet, will proceed to do so now. If it has already been done, please disregard this post. It'll self-destruct in 3... 2...)

kswiston

Maybe if Torchlight 2 hits $5, but I wouldn't expect that before the Winter Sale.

I wouldn't expect that during the Winter sale either. Realistically, the discount for most of these games will be the same next month. Also, I think the Torchlight crew learned their lesson in regards to discounting their game too early and too steeply in 2009. We might get a 50% daily on Torchlight 2 in either this sale or the Winter sale, but I think that will be about it. The game was still in the top 20 sellers at full price as of yesterday.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Nabs

Chime - $1.24
Critter Crunch - $1.74
Toki Tori - $0.49
Bad Rats - $0.49
Puzzle Dimension - $0.74
Rock of Ages - $2.38
Audiosurf - $2.49
Limbo - $2.49
Gatling Gears - $2.49
Sonic CD - $2.49 (Edit: Get this on Amazon)
Sequence - $2.49
Home - $1.01

Mark of the Ninja 25 percent discount nope gimme daily

I hope it goes back to $15.

Prezhulio

ooo some good deals already, even despite my dissappointment in the summer and halloween sales.

in for kotor 2.

anybody selling darksiders 2 for cheaper this week? probably should just wait till winter sale to pick it up.

no collecting/win prizes event? :( i guess it's for the better since i've got so much traveling going on the next few days, won't be able to play much. hopefully christmas/winter sale brings the fun back around.

Miker

Quoting myself from the Steam thread, recommendation for WAVES:

Another shoutout for Waves, an absolutely fantastic twin stick shooter on Steam. It seems like circular Geometry Wars in a circle at first, but it's a superbly well-rounded game with a brilliant scoring system.

If you play the game right, it's consistently intense and more importantly, satisfying. Blowing up a bomb at the very last second in slow mo and watching everything around you explode and drive up your multiplier is awesome. Seriously, the scoring system is a textbook example of risk vs reward in games.

It's also got a bunch of modes that I haven't even touched yet, and it's got a sweet soundtrack to boot. The only thing I don't like about it is the menu text. It's awful, just awful, and it's probably turned its fair share of people off the game.

But yeah, I liked it even better than Geometry Wars, which is probably still the gold standard. If you like twin stick shooters, buy Waves.

kswiston

Especially for Chivalry, it is 20$ at GMG with voucher and it is a Steam key. So Steam will probably take the deal further.

Honestly, Steam discounts have started to lag behind a few of the other digital distribution shops in recent years, so I don't think it is a given that Steam will top the sales found elsewhere. Amazon and GMG have routinely beat them price-wise for most of the year. Even during the summer sale. For instance, the Darkness 2 went up for $12.50 during the halloween sale last month despite having been $7.50-$10 on both Amazon and GMG (if not elsewhere) several times previously.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why did they start this when I has no monies :(

I guess I'll have to wait for winter sales instead. I hope the discounts would be bigger.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Critter Crunch for $1.74 is just ridiculous. It's one of the best puzzle games in years. Mechanically it hits that perfect spot between challenging but easy to grasp, and the HD art is colorful and charming. Buy it you freaks.

Ok folks, gonna do a special little GAF-only Critter Crunch thing...

We put Critter Crunch on sale for only $1.75, and for the next little while anyone who posts about grabbing it in this thread (or PM'ing me about it) will get a second code for the game in their inbox.

TL;DR - buy a copy at $1.75, post about it or PM me, and get another copy of the game just for being a rad GAF-er.

dreamfall

Seriously, everything on my wishlist is on sale! SHEESH! Just picked up the older NBA 2K's, half off ($9.99). Definitely waiting for some FC3 sale, and maybe going in on Mark of the Ninja!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom