• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok folks, gonna do a special little GAF-only Critter Crunch thing...

We put Critter Crunch on sale for only $1.75, and for the next little while anyone who posts about grabbing it in this thread (or PM'ing me about it) will get a second code for the game in their inbox.

TL;DR - buy a copy at $1.75, post about it or PM me, and get another copy of the game just for being a rad GAF-er.

Quoted for new page because of ridiculous awesomeness.

cicero

Honestly, Steam discounts have started to lag behind a few of the other digital distribution shops in recent years, so I don't think it is a given that Steam will top the sales found elsewhere. Amazon and GMG have routinely beat them price-wise for most of the year. Even during the summer sale. For instance, the Darkness 2 went up for $12.50 during the halloween sale last month despite having been $7.50-$10 on both Amazon and GMG (if not elsewhere) several times previously.

I certainly have noticed this. Steam has been dropping down quite a bit in terms of epic price drops during their sales. Amazon started to come on strong last Christmas along with GMG this year. Competition is so great.

Nabs

We put Critter Crunch on sale for only $1.75, and for the next little while anyone who posts about grabbing it in this thread (or PM'ing me about it) will get a second code for the game in their inbox.

TL;DR - buy a copy at $1.75, post about it or PM me, and get another copy of the game just for being a rad GAF-er.

Nice!

Well, Im at work but I will certainly buy it when I get home.

Is that good enough?

I`ll give you my Steam name so you can verufy later. lol

Wok

You get me in.

I certainly have noticed this. Steam has been dropping down quite a bit in terms of epic price drops during their sales. Amazon started to come on strong last Christmas along with GMG this year. Competition is so great.

I will say that I find that Steam still has the best "depth of catalog" discounts compared to the other sites. Lots of good smaller / indie games are already on sale (not even daily sales or flash sales) for the lowest prices that they have ever been. GMG and Amazon are putting in work though.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
ta3Jl.jpg

Slow down, Joe.

Sora_N

I missed Ys Origin during summer, it's $9.99 right now. Is that just the regular sale right now? I haven't been on Steam for a while so don't really remember how it worked out.

Salsa

Critter Crunch also recently got local MP through a patch, wich was the only thing missing from the console versions and the reason why some people didnt get it at release

great, now it says i have a pending transaction and it's not going anywhere. how can i cancel it?

Step 1 - Stop.
Step 2 - Breathe.
Step 3 - Wait 5 minutes
Step 4 - Check again.

It'll all be fine. Breathe in, breathe out. It's going to be okay.

Got it. Chairmanchuck is my Steamid, if you wanna check :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've been curious about this game. What is this game about?

It's a board game. You have trains. You draw route cards to determine where you need to build routes to. When you run out of trains, the game ends--any route cards you have not completed punish you, while routes you have completed reward you, so there's a risk-reward. Other people are trying to build routes on the same map at the same time, possibly overlapping with yours, so there's the worry that you get half-way to where you want to go when you get blocked and have to find a longer way around to get to your destination, or maybe it's impossible to get there at all. It's very easy to learn, very replayable, great game. Never played the PC version.

derExperte

Yepp, bought CC: http://f.666kb.com/i/c967bjggvm9eq68uh.png

Petrie

Banned

Grabbing myself a copy, will gift the 2nd copy to my brother to enjoy on his new PC.

Blind-buy here because of generosity. Know zero about this game.

I'm not going to check anyones Steam lists for the Critter Crunch giveaway. GAF folk have been cool to us - cool enough that if a few people want to fake like they bought it to save $1.75 I have no issue with that.

It'll take me a bit to get through the codes, so please be patient <3

Addnan

I bought critter crunch and KOTOR 2.

Don't really have much to spend this sale though. Just want Max Payne now.
will probably by ten more games for the backlog

Milamber

Oh wow, bought it just so I may have another copy to give to my GF.

My ID.

People should be reaaaaaaaaal careful throwing stones on what someone's buying during the STEAM sales.

We all have our skeletons. Leave poor Joe alone.

Love you Joe.

cicero

Really nice of you to do this for our community, thank you!

I just noticed that Steam Sales are actually keeping me away from playing games.
It is like an expensive treatment for gaming addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom