• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i kinda want a xmas version of my avatar but i don't know how to do it since she's already wearing a hat

iiWpB1QP9eGAi.PNG
ibp9ZygoPWakHR.PNG

Alavard

Far Cry 4 is a little tempting, but given that the base price is $70 for Canada, 20% doesn't go far enough.

Lords of the Fallen, though... yeah, 60% off is good. Yeah, I'm taking that.

Khronico

I kinda want to get some Talisman DLC but I don't know anyone willing to play with me -_-

would anyone want to play talisman with me?

Alavard

Lord of the Fallen already 60% off, I'm sure during summer it will be 75% off.

It was 40% off only a few weeks ago during the Fall Sale if I recall. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it 75% off much sooner for a mid-week or weekly. Expect 80% or more off during the Summer Sale.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Far Cry 4 is a little tempting, but given that the base price is $70 for Canada, 20% doesn't go far enough.

Lords of the Fallen, though... yeah, 60% off is good. Yeah, I'm taking that.

If I buy Lords of The Fallen I'd be broke :(

EDIT: How's the PC port of Bully?

abracadaver

Wanted to buy Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance but it isn't on sale at all. How is that even possible?

Should I get Lords of the Fallen instead?

Halos in a bad state when that's seen as the best,

No sir.

Halo was in a bad state when people told me to play Halo 3 or Halo Reach and I did and they were terrible.

Halo as a twin stick shooter? Most fun I've ever had with the series. Period.

Far Cry 4 Gold is 1 dollar cheaper than regular Far Cry 4

33% discount on one, 20% discount on the other.

This isn't true in NA:

Regular $47.99, down from $59.99. +$30 season pass would be $77.99.
Gold is $60.29, down from $89.99.

So much for this sale... this was the one game I was sorta willing to bit on and was waiting for the ACU 33% discount. I guess since it didn't have the bad press ACU got at launch, FC4 doesn't get the same discount.

This sale is the most disappointing Steam sale I've ever experienced. Even during the Summer sale, I was picking up random things that were on sale that I didn't own. Now it's just... tired discounts on tired games or "token" discounts that don't amount to shit in the "never pay more than $20 for a computer game" era we live in.

xezuru

I kinda want to get some Talisman DLC but I don't know anyone willing to play with me -_-

would anyone want to play talisman with me?

I would, but my group has been decently consistent in getting games in, and sometimes these games take a LONG time.

I said this in the Holiday Sale thread, but if you're the main guy in the group, you can Host the DLCs for other people. *If you host with Dungeon dlc people can play in dungeon, and *If you host with DLC characters and choose everyone forced random, other people may get to play as your DLC characters.

C4rter

The price for Evil Within is a joke. And I hoped for a Season Pass Price Glitch just like "Bioshock Infinite" Season Pass last year.

Jawmuncher

No sir.

Halo was in a bad state when people told me to play Halo 3 or Halo Reach and I did and they were terrible.

Halo as a twin stick shooter? Most fun I've ever had with the series. Period.

This isn't true in NA:

Regular $47.99, down from $59.99. +$30 season pass would be $77.99.
Gold is $60.29, down from $89.99.

So much for this sale... this was the one game I was sorta willing to bit on and was waiting for the ACU 33% discount. I guess since it didn't have the bad press ACU got at launch, FC4 doesn't get the same discount.

My investment for halo still hasn't passed halo 2. Wasn't a fan of Spartan assault though. Maybe if I played it coop I would have liked it more.

I'm tempted by lords of the fallen. 20 bucks already and I would still have 16 bucks in my wallet.....but It could go even cheaper considering how fast it has dropped already.

I'm in the same boat. It dropped so fast that I think I'll wait on something like a GMG decent sale + voucher to put it in a sweet spot.

That, and the reviews have been more "ain't bad" than "s'good."

I would, but my group has been decently consistent in getting games in, and sometimes these games take a LONG time.

I said this in the Holiday Sale thread, but if you're the main guy in the group, you can Host the DLCs for other people. *If you host with Dungeon dlc people can play in dungeon, and *If you host with DLC characters and choose everyone forced random, other people may get to play as your DLC characters.

I'm interested in this Talisman game. So it has online multi as well as hotseat?

Is hotseat fun? Can you pass a controller, or do you need to use a keyboard/mouse?

The price for Evil Within is a joke. And I hoped for a Season Pass Price Glitch just like "Bioshock Infinite" Season Pass last year.

Not really. It's been 66% off at other retailers regularly now with the price drop. The only time it's been cheaper is when you could combine the voucher at GMG and get it for $16.32.

Either way, if you have Steam credit and couldn't buy the game for $16.32 @ GMG, $20 is a fine price. Especially for my GOTY. (And besides, for the game to be $20 2 months after release? Fuckin' amazing.)

mrgone

For anyone interested in Gauntlet: It's still on sale for the next three hours or so at Nuuvem for just a little more than half of today's sale price.

xezuru

I'm interested in this Talisman game. So it has online multi as well as hotseat?

Is hotseat fun? Can you pass a controller, or do you need to use a keyboard/mouse?

Not familiar with hotseating with the game, but it's a board game with pretty decent online multiplayer, you can join a lobby straight from steam friends and have pretty decent amount of options for House Rules for how you want to play. All the dudes I've played with play straight on with a Mouse/Key.

*Just checked, you can set all players as local players, I'm not sure if this has controller support, which I kind of doubt, cause it really is staight on a virtual board, but you can I guess pass off who clicks and such.

EDIT: I don't think you can mix and match, with 2 local and 2 online. FYI

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

MUnited83

For you.
Ok, I'm a bit weirded out. Seems I already own Dragon: The Game. I never bought it or got it anywhere from what I can remember. And also there's no record of it ever being activated on my account details.

Wut?

Bethesda just won't cut with that Evil Within season pass, will they?

Also, Green Man Gaming doesn't seem to be loading. Nvm, just seems to be extra slow.

Chariot

iMjLTDr.png

These two brought me into christmas spirit. So here a small substitute for an actual steam waifu day. Sorry not enough money for expensive games, but these are all great games nontheless.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chariot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Astebreed -- MB-F2178A328E239143 - Taken by Sendou. 5 entrants total.
Shan Gui -- MB-30F9B65359ADBC0F - Taken by Bayonetta. 2 entrants total.
100% Orange Juice -- MB-069D582E96126162 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 1 entrants total.
War of the Human Tanks -- MB-3EFE732C3AD9B6D7 - Taken by zkylon. 1 entrants total.
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger -- MB-99C710CDA63C8EC8 - Taken by pupo. 3 entrants total.

t1419456427z1.png

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That's the last time I let my sister scratch a Steam Card.

That happened on my Half Life 2 activation code that came with ATI cards back in 1956.

You can open a ticket on Steam Support and they'll most likely ask for a picture of the card and provide you with a code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom