• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays SteamGAF.

imagesvuuu.jpg

Merry Christmas Steamfolk. Thanks again to Ventara for gifting me Strider!

I wish you'd posted this before I accepted his friend request.
I don't know if I can be friends with someone who "gifts" others that dumpster fire of a game.
And I certainly can't remove him... it's Christmas, after all.

pahamrick

I wish you'd posted this before I accepted his friend request.
I don't know if I can be friends with someone who "gifts" others that dumpster fire of a game.
And I certainly can't remove him... it's Christmas, after all.

There's only one thing to do, obviously. Gift Speevy Yaiba to counteract the infection of his games list.

Pranay

Instructions for Pranay_:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- http://i.imgur.com/KjAOaDf.gif Happy Holidays to all! Hope you got cool games, and if not, hope you win cool games in a giveaway!
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pranay_, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

header_292x136.jpg

racer 8 -- MB-7698C08ACDFED9E1 - Taken by autoduelist

x5LpWlW.jpg

ive been wanting to do this ever since i got my new hdd

in all the years ive played with steam ive never been able to mass install anything and just have to rotate out

now i get to install them all

and never play any

There are ways to move Steam games to a different HDD without needing to reinstall, right?

Currently I'm installing everything to the SSD but I know sooner rather than later I'll need to start freeing up space on it.

7:25AM here, another future dweller.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
x5LpWlW.jpg

in all the years ive played with steam ive never been able to mass install anything and just have to rotate out

and never play any

Colonial Marines, Steve? Pushing some boundaries today mang

There are ways to move Steam games to a different HDD without needing to reinstall, right?

Currently I'm installing everything to the SSD but I know sooner rather than later I'll need to start freeing up space on it.

Yes, Steam Mover.

Ventara

x5LpWlW.jpg

and never play any

Holy crap! 500GB? I'd be paying $400 to Rogers for going over my cap.

Ban Puncher

Merry Xmas? It's 4:30pm and I'm trying to sleep off lunch.

I've also lost track of who I sent wishlist gifts too so if you got one, congratulations! If you didn't then sucks to be you because I am broke now.

Pupo

x5LpWlW.jpg

and never play any

500GB? that's more than my hdd =d

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like the amount of games you can install simultaneously is about 135, unless it's based on file size.

I have no plans of getting a SSD but simply out of curiosity, what would be better to have on it; the OS or games? Now my ignorant opinion would be OS that way your computer runs faster overall.

Backlogger

Merry Christmas SteamGAF, may all your dreams and wishes come true

I have no plans of getting a SSD but simply out of curiosity, what would be better to have on it; the OS or games? Now my ignorant opinion would be OS that way your computer runs faster overall.

I put the OS on the SSD and everything else on my 3TB hard drive

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Installing Windows to an SSD is one of the best upgrades you can do regardless of how your system fares elsewhere. I've been using a 2.5" 5400rpm drive since my 60GB Vertex 2 died and... it sucks.

well you pretty much nailed it

os on ssd is heaven and the best thing ive ever done with my computer

it boots and is fully operational in like 5 seconds

Momentary

Banned
Man... kind of sad being the only guy on my Steam Friends list in game. But I had to be Novice Original mode without a continue on Crimzon Clover. Its not the rarest of achievements, but damnit it's one of the best feeling ones I've ever gotten. I'm so proud of the run I might upload my exploits on Youtube. Seriously going to be a while before I try Arcade Original without a continue.

I've spent more time with this SHMUP than any other SHMUP I've played in the last 2 decades and some change. Such a satisfying game. People who have this on their wishlist should really pick this game up before the sale ends. This is definitely game of the year in its genre by a mile.

user237

The OS for sure, because that helps you all the time, not just while gaming.

Personally I use SSD for OS and productivity apps, with Steam being on a big hard drive. That works fine and gives nice performance.

500GB SSD for OS.

1TB SSD for Steam.

Fuck bottlenecks, yo.

That's an awful lot for OS :p

I got 250GB SDD currently hosting my Windows 8.1, programs, and few Steam games. I got 3TB HDDs in there too which have my media and other stuff. I know I'll be moving some games from the SDD eventually but I still got around 120GB free on it.

Ha so my shot in the dark was correct!! Maybe next year when I format my hard drive I'll buy a SSD for my OS, or maybe I'll do it for windows 10 if it comes out around the middle of next year.

Merry Christmas Steamfolk. Thanks again to Ventara for gifting me Strider!

umm I don't know how I'm supposed to enter your giveaway(Ventara mentioned it to me), but I got my bets on Transistor being a daily tomorrow.

Installing Windows to an SSD is one of the best upgrades you can do regardless of how your system fares elsewhere. I've been using a 2.5" 5400rpm drive since my 60GB Vertex 2 died and... it sucks.

Win OS in SSD is a godsend. To think all that time wasted on my laptop when the it was booting up Win 7.

Chrimbus Flash Deals

- Mirror's Edge (80% off)
- Super Meat Boy (95% off)
- Torchlight II (80% off)
- Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Pack (66% off)
- Among The Sleep (66% off)
- Sonar X3 (50% off)

Dat Meat Boy discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom