• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Van Helsing 1 and 2, Torchlight 1 and 2, Grim Dawn, I just started playing Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms and it's fantastic, Titan Quest...

thanks a lot! I forgot this game existed, and nobody ever talks about it, I had no chances to remember. Have I said thank you? If not, thank you!

edited: Jasec scared me, for a moment I thought I'll never be done scrolling down

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How the heck do you keep up with all that? LOL

It took me a while! I triple-checked the list (few things are worse than having to survive a week with less money than you'd anticipated) and had to later make a few concessions here and there, in part because of my silly faux pas the other day, but mostly because I haven't been working much recently.

will you play any of those though? :(

Never Alone was on that list until I bought it when it was a Daily, so that, at least.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Any comments on Redux: Dark Matters quality?
It took me a while! I triple-checked the list (few things are worse than having to survive a week with less money than you'd anticipated) and had to later make a few concessions here and there, in part because of my silly faux pas the other day, but mostly because I haven't been working much recently.

Im checking the list and there are some really interesting games. I need to look deeper into the games cause there are some I didn't had clue they were on steam.

Arthea

How are the PC versions of FF13 and FF13-2?
I remember reading that the frame rate was inconsistent?

I still haven't played FF13-2, but as for FF13 yea, it's not stable, it never dropped for me that low as for some people, it was mostly 60-30 fps, but variable. Still playable, at least for me.

autoduelist

Did only one person enter for this raffle? Or did Modbot forget to put the number of entrants?

Modbot is still coming to grips with her newly awakened sentience.

What are the games you guys are looking for the most on the sales that have not been daily or you missed?

I'm really hoping Lords of Xulima, Satellite Reign, Door Kickers, or Age of Wonders 3 (AoW on reprise since I know I missed it due to no $$$) hit deep sale.

As an added twist, I'm wiped out from the holiday so I'm madly idling cards in hopes to earn enough spacebux to pick up one of the above if it does hit a sale. I got my first foil ever today but it was only worth 24 cents. It's slow going, but the longer one of them takes to go on sale the better since I need the idling/selling time. Also need to idle enough to fund another giveaway, though I don't know what that will be yet (hopefully a good roguelike goes on sale because I like giving away games I love).

Arthea

The fact that Acti has disallowed Aussies from playing it just makes owning it all the more enticing!

I have noticed several times that prohibited countries often make no sense, it's like publishers play such a game: throw darts at the spinning globe, and those countries that are hit gets prohibition.

JaseC

Why are my steam downloads going so slow right now? >.>

The neat thing about Steam is that Valve allows third parties to host content servers. Switch at your leisure, although it'd be a good idea to stick to servers close to your location.

JaseC

I need Nuuvem discount coupon... how do I get one, who do I bribe, or ask?

I've never seen a Nuuvem discount code in the wild. I think it's just a feature of the checkout software -- the option is there because... it kind of has to be.

Arthea

I've never seen a Nuuvem discount code in the wild. I think it's just a feature of the checkout software it uses -- the option is there because... it kind of has to be.

but I'm about to buy a very expensive game, I need one!
I suspected as much, I have never see it even mentioned anywhere

Jadax

Are there really no NFL games on steam? Suddenly have this urge to play sports game and all I can think of is football and nfl.

Elija2

I'm considering getting Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld on GMG. Are any of these games not worth getting for whatever reason?

Vazra

Google wants to kill me with laughs.
331b47f224.png

ExoSoul

Banned
I just realised, is it ok/fair if instead of using ModBot to giveaway random stuff I gift concrete gifts to certain people?

Vazra

I just realised, is it ok/fair if instead of using ModBot to giveaway random stuff I gift concrete gifts to certain people?

You can choose the way you want to give gifts. Modbot is usually encouraged from some practices that were used before like Post # 1500 gets this game would cause a flood of filler posts bloating the thread. You can do your own method as long as it doesnt break the ToS I believe.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Penguins Arena Sedna's World -- MB-8FA03D2622C63B21 - Taken by Bayonetta

Miguel81

I'm considering getting Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld on GMG. Are any of these games not worth getting for whatever reason?

They're all worth it, especially Anniversary. Steam versions also don't have the Securom that plagued previous ones. Be aware that the Kazakhstan level of Legend will require you to turn off Next Gen mode, or else it will crash.

Arthea

And it's done, I preodered Pillars of Eternity Champion Edition, I hope they won't revoke my preoder for regional "issues", seeing as I paid for it already.
ya, they still totally can, I know that

99% of my library is shitty shovelware as far as I'm concerned, so it'll fit right in. ;)

AssCreed games are less than 1%, so what else you consider not shovelware? That has to be about 40 games at least! (><)

JaseC

AssCreed games are less than 1%, so what else you consider not shovelware? That has to be about 40 games at least! (><)

Haha, if you had me think about it I'd probably spit out a rather large list (not that I have any particular interest in revisiting say, Commander Keen).

Arthea

Haha, if you had me think about it I'd probably spit out a rather large list (not that I have any particular interest in revisiting say, Commander Keen).

It wouldn't sound that bad if you said shovelware, but you had to add shitty! and this shitty shovelware of yours includes at least 50 of my favourite games! rude!
I'm not kidding! not about my favourite games, I'm not (><)

Elija2

They're all worth it, especially Anniversary. Steam versions also don't have the Securom that plagued previous ones. Be aware that the Kazakhstan level of Legend will require you to turn off Next Gen mode, or else it will crash.

Sweet, thanks.

pahamrick

And it's done, I preodered Pillars of Eternity Champion Edition, I hope they won't revoke my preoder for regional "issues", seeing as I paid for it already.
ya, they still totally can, I know that

Very nice! I plan to do the same as my birthday gift to myself next month if I have the spare monies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom