• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
Thanks for the gift.
e11ec994e4.gif
Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did *wink*

You can try the original for free: http://www.deconstructeam.com/gods-will-be-watching/
Many said it was disappointing.
Thank you for the link although that's a bit disheartening =/

Ah, I heard A secret world is actually pretty good.

What?

It is. Although I wish they would remake it into a single player game. Some mmo aspects are taking my immersion. First and furthermost other players. It's not scary if half a dozen guys run slaughter themselves through everything that's moving around you.

But the skill wheel is insanely cool, the fact that there are not predesignated classes, you can freely choose what skills and weapons you use, stats come from talismans, visible clothes are only extra and the writing is wonderful.

The "Shit" was referring to the borked download, the download was claiming that the progress was 4.52 GB out of 4.14 GB, so it had bugged out. Naturally, closing and reopening fixed it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I won Gods from IGN, it was on my wishlist. I played for around five chapters, then I uninstalled it. It's simply too random. The latest patch dumb down the difficuly, you can proceed now more easily, but really, I think the gameplay is very poor. Is not even a point and click, since you need to select some things, hoping for the best.
Because yeah, some instance will insta-kill you because they are random, just for the fun. Also the plot is really confusing, I mean in my play
a dude died, the two seconds after he was here, talking me. Dunno if this was a bug or not, but later even other characters see him, so...

i think the game is pretty poorly designed in that it's hiding too much under wraps while it should be super open about why you're losing

i played it on easy + non rng and it was pretty alright, a pretty interesting game from a story standpoint

but yea they really fucked that up :p

also not a bug, plot is pretty freaky in that way. you'll get an explanation for that

Shit, I forgot gifts are now locked for 30 days *facepalm*
Should had bought tem individually and sent them in the purchase... Time for some awkward PMs...

Edit: my typo was funny xD
Edit 2: Oh it works, great! :D

Pretty sure you can gift, just not TRADE, for 30 days.

Quelaag beaten on the second try.
Golly whiz, I recall taking forever on her on my first playtrough - like, upwards of 100 of tries.
Maybe I'll even get to progress past the first two seprentlizards in Sen's Fortress this time...

Yeah, she was a super pain in the ass my first run through. Mainly because getting to her was a huge bitch.

Sen's Fortress has some pretty trolling areas as well.

Hope STFU wins the vote. :)

(Off-topic)
Was lifting some stuff today and ended up with almost half the fingernail on my thumb ripped off. I used a bandaid to hold the nail on since I don't want to rip it completely off. Didn't expect so much blood. Now off to lunch.

Using Imagination since to Pics

ExoSoul

Banned
Did only one person enter for this raffle? Or did Modbot forget to put the number of entrants?
I think ModBot has been doing that for a while, a couple of raffles I entered didn't show the number. (Meaning someone else won the game I entered for)

Damn, sale is going on and I feel like buying non discounted games.
What is wrong with me?

Knurek

Dark Souls peeps, what do you think is the best time to tackle the optional areas?
Great Hollow, Undead Asylum and Painted World, etc?

zkylon

zkylewd
i think gods will be watching is an __interesting__ game but not necessarily a good one

it's a survival game in which dying can make you have to replay 20 minutes and you'll have to do it over and over again. and you're unable to skip cutscenes (you can fastforward text but still really annoying). it has some rng combined with its puzzle elements which leads to very shitty scenarios where you feel really cheated. it's legit awful at making you like it because it's basically a trial and error game and nothing more, and even then rng can be a bitch and fuck you over despite you doing everything correct

that being said you can turn off the rng and you can set the game to easy and cruise through it. clearly the game is not meant to be played this way as it just becomes trivial and much of its "do whatever it takes" thing loses all sort of meaning

but!

it's still an interesting story and if you can find a way to slide the thought in your head of "this is actually supposed to be really hard" i really recommend going through it. it's a pretty ugly game in its subject matter and like you go through a section and your reward is more ugly, even sort of morbid stuff but i found it to be pretty powerful, specially since visuals and audio are really good and imo the story's pretty decent even tho it's not the most original thing evar

for $2.50 i totally recommend it if you know what you're getting into.

Dark Souls peeps, what do you think is the best time to tackle the optional areas?
great hollow is boring and annoying but not much of a challenge so whenever.

undead asylum is mostly one boss so again, whenever

painted world isn't too hard so i'd say whenever

quality response here lol

no really first for painted world you need to go to the undead asylum so i'd say one maybe two bosses after anor londo is a good time. they're not specifically difficult areas. just make sure you have beaten anor londo first

It seems that for some time now the keys that Steam gets for Dark Void are not registered in the Securom servers, so people have had to open tickets and wait 5-6 days just to play a game they bought because of pure incompetence.

I guess i better go open a fucking ticket with capcom.

Xeroblade

It really doesnt matter but I would start with Undead Asylum for sure. I always saved the Great Hollow for last, the items there were not worth it for my builds.

Sajjaja

Well, Great Hollow is very easy, there's not so much to do except cutting a tail and defeating a stupid boss.
Painted World is okay too, except for some "rooms" like the one with wheel-skeletons, they can kill you very easily. Also Priscilla's tail is very hard to cut.
Undead Asylum is the one with the initial boss, in his enhanced version, right (I ask because I always confuse it with the location of Demon's souls with Chtullhu-like guardians)?
If so, is easy, the attack pattern is basically the same of the first time, but the boss in stronger and maybe faster, can't remember. Never had a problem with those locations, anyway.

Anyway, DS1 is not so difficult, just proceed with your shield raised and you will be ok. Some bosses are hard, but nothing impossible, really.
NG+ plays....well, those are differents.

There is no boss in Great Hollow. However, it is one of the prettiest places in the game..well, after you get through the Great Hollow anyways. It just leaves you with so many questions.

zkylon

zkylewd
you can't even access painted world without going to undead asylum so def do that first

great hollow can be done whenever but i guess the best moment is after duke's archives and lost izalith since there's some cool npc related stuff that can happen there if you've done everything correctly in those areas (i can tell you if you want but it's definitely a spoiler)

i don't know why i'm answering this twice lol

ExoSoul

Banned
May the gods watch over us [snip]
I was already on the line, now that line waving making me uneasy.
I could accept that the game wasn't as narrative driven as it was shown and I could embrace the survival aspect of it but from the reviews I saw it seems the game is unapologetically one sided in order to make your feel pressured and paint the scenario dire.
That's not something I'd enjoy in a game like this but I really wanted to like it =/
I think I already answered myself taking a look at the line above..

Well played.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Damn, sale is going on and I feel like buying non discounted games.
What is wrong with me?
The dailies have been mediocre. Ive been saving my 24 for something good or a price error I might care about but nah. Im close to buying games that are not dailies.

BruteUA

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955066.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BruteUA, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

330x192
330x192
330x192

Postal 2 -- MB-7665816C5D383660 - Taken by WinterDemons. 7 entrants total.
Feel the might of DEMOCRACY!
Postal 2 -- MB-6692E165B21C08DF - Taken by Xevo. 3 entrants total.
Your peers always vote right, it is you who are wrong.
Postal 2 -- MB-4723B9751AE96F36 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 5 entrants total.
Community votes are the best.

t1419641116z1.png

I deleted the turd gifs, screw you Modbot!

zkylon

zkylewd
I was already on the line, now that line waving making me uneasy.
I could accept that the game wasn't as narrative driven as it was shown and I could embrace the survival aspect of it but from the reviews I saw it seems the game is unapologetically one sided in order to make your feel pressured and paint the scenario dire.
That's not something I'd enjoy in a game like this but I really wanted to like it =/
I think I already answered myself taking a look at the line above..

i mean it's definitely a story-driven game, it's just that it has barriers in its way cos it wants to have some sort of survival aspect that grounds the narrative in gameplay

the problem is that its narrative is about being random and unfair and cruel and that just makes for a frustrating game

i'm prolly gonna have it on my goty list but that's just a massive caveat. i respect the devs for making that easy patch and everything but they really messed up the default game

BruteUA

Wait, so the game has an Overwhelmingly Positive rating on Steam but according to GAF it's a turd?

In my experience, I've found GAF's hivemind opinion to be overwhelmingly wrong.

But my basis for getting my value out of a game is comparing the cost vs what I would have dropped in an hour at an arcade 20 years ago. I almost always come out ahead.

Wait, so the game has an Overwhelmingly Positive rating on Steam but according to GAF it's a turd?

The game kind of looks fun and random.

Using Imagination since to Pics

Was too much in pain to think of taking pictures. Now it probably doesn't look too interesting since it's just a bandaid around the tip of my thumb.

EDIT: Just realized I'm missing $40 from my pocket. Must have dropped somewhere at the mall. OTL

In my experience, I've found GAF's hivemind opinion to be overwhelmingly wrong.

But my basis for getting my value out of a game is comparing the cost vs what I would have dropped in an hour at an arcade 20 years ago. I almost always come out ahead.

Do you adjust for inflation? :p

Arthea

Abyss Odyssey losing community's choice is a given so it's gonna be uh hm - warlock.

Warlock can't win, it's most expensive of the three after all. I see this round Abyss Odyssey winning, or it will be really close between AO ans STFU

so what you're saying you have a ton of argie-region games you don't need :>

lol sorry

lol no, region locked as in I can't buy in regular way

ExoSoul

Banned
So Gaf, what are the games you're saving for the last day in case you have some leftover *insert local currency*?
My list is kinda big so I'll just name a few:
Marlow Briggs, Dustforce, Deadlight, Explodemon, (others).

zkylon

zkylewd
lol no, region locked as in I can't buy in regular way

lol it's ok i didn't mean it

i already got enough free stuff i don't deserve this week

So Gaf, what are the games you're saving for the last day in case you have some leftover *insert local currency*?
prolly croixleur sigma and nothing else

i think i like silly repetitive japanese games with lots japanese kyas

Arthea

does dark souls count?

i don't think i like any other

i suck at action stuff

unfortunately it doesn't, it should much more like Amalur or Torchlight or Overlord and much less than DS, but you at least tried, thanks zky

edited: talking about RPGs, Child of Light is nice and all also seemingly has most of what matters
(even flying!)
, but I'm not enjoying it for some reason, I hope it's just a wrong day and not wrong game.

Eternal Sonata.

I really hope you are kidding, like I will better believe you do

abracadaver

Will World in Conflict ever be -75% again?

In the last 2 sales its always been only -40%. Is it because its from ubisoft? When was the last time it was -75%?

derExperte

Ether One. Probably not too far away from being bundled. So maybe not.

zkylon

zkylewd
unfortunately it doesn't, it should much more like Amalur or Torchlight or Overlord and much less than DS, but you at least tried, thanks zky

edited: talking about RPGs, Child of Light is nice and all also seemingly has most of what matters
(even flying!)
, but I'm not enjoying it for some reason, I hope it's just a wrong day and not wrong game.

hmm i don't know if it counts but i really liked the freedom force games

that's all i got lol

edit: also drakengard 1! tho that's less of a game and more like audiovisual videogame-induced self abuse

Sini

Will World in Conflict ever be -75% again?

In the last 2 sales its always been only -40%. Is it because its from ubisoft? When was the last time it was -75%?
I don't think it ever has been 75% off on Steam. Lowest it has been was 50% off last winter sale.
I got lucky in May and found a trader who had copy for two keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom