• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone vote Kentucky Route Zero.

And then buy Kentucky Route Zero.

As much as it kills me to have to vote against Hatoful Boyfriend.

Coo.
(Are you kidding?)
Coo.
(I voted *against* hateful bf and *for* KR0, and I'm a pidgeon!)

Child of Light is cheaper on the eShop
crazy.gif

Not in NA, it's not. Besides, that also requires you to have a WiiU and not care about the DLC (if I remember correctly from earlier in this thread).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not in NA, it's not. Besides, that also requires you to have a WiiU and not care about the DLC (if I remember correctly from earlier in this thread).

DLC isn't really worth factoring into the equation. The only piece of note is Golem's Plight and it's just a single side-quest -- everything else is just fluff like extra gems or skins.

autoduelist

So all I want for Endless Dungeon is a way to see the current occupants of any given room.

I'm having an amazing playthrough, getting deep, leveling everything up... and just lost a character because I thought he was fighting one dude but was actually fighting about 7... six of them little frog things that were hidden by a wall... and even after they killed my guy (who I only healed enough to kill the giant I did see, I was running a tight ship at sub-100 hp to conserve food), they ran into the next room and were all stacked on top of each other so I had no idea how many there were.

I killed them all, and there's another recruit on this level to replace my fighter, but... yuck. It's still stupid. Just let me have a status screen that shows some basic enemy stats. Even a list.

Thankfully I'm really rocking this playthrough so hopefully I'll be okay, but it's a major, major setback due to lack of information I should have easy access to.

(Still an amazing game)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Today marks the 2 year anniversary of the release of Enhanced Steam. Kinda crazy for me to think about.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I played through Broforce over the last few days. My recommendation would be to avoid the game for now, in its current state of development. Let me start with what it does right: the game feels awesome. It's really fun to run around, jump, climb walls, knife dudes, shoot dudes, splode dudes, pinball around giant explosion chains, and it's amazing how many Bros they have in the game all of which have pretty different playstyles. So, that's great. And the boss fights have a lot of variety and take different strategies. Very fun.

... but that's about where the game ends. The current campaign is maybe 2 hours long, being generous. Most of the levels are pretty much more of the same. It feels very hollow, as a result, because you're not doing anything besides the core gameplay of run jump shoot splode. When you beat the campaign you're just dumped back on the world map with no ending screen at all. Almost every mode is "alpha". Most of the modes are geared towards local or online multiplayer--there's deathmatch, time trial race, a bunch of custom level things. I checked their update history and they appear to be adding stuff every month, but it doesn't look like they've added anything to the campaign since April or so and mostly it seems like they're focusing on adding characters and polishing movement and bugfixing, as well as adding more superfluous modes. I feel like they've got a game that is decent passable fun for a few hours, but they're not doing anything to take it to the next level. Like, they've added a lot of stuff built around user-made levels and rating and subscribing and it looks like they're going to integrate user levels into the campaign... but, like... I dunno. It just feels pretty samey.

Also, it's kind of funny, but it's not as funny as it thinks it is. The ironic patriotism thing is cool upfront but doesn't really go anywhere. It's too bad.

I'll be checking back in in six months or whenever the final release is to see if they've added more to it.

PS The free spinoff Expendabros game is only available until tomorrow. This is your last chance: http://store.steampowered.com/app/312990/ I feel like playing this for free is going to be a way better bet for you than buying the full game for actual real money.

Tellaerin

So I finally own Final Fantasy XIII. (Normally I'm all about waiting for the 75% off or better sales, but I wanted to play this one and I figure it won't drop lower than this for at least a little while longer still.) Probably won't touch it until I finish MGR:R (just reached the sewers last night). As of now, MGR:R is easily my Steam GOTY.

Unicorn

I played through Broforce over the last few days. My recommendation would be to avoid the game for now, in its current state of development. Let me start with what it does right: the game feels awesome. It's really fun to run around, jump, climb walls, knife dudes, shoot dudes, splode dudes, pinball around giant explosion chains, and it's amazing how many Bros they have in the game all of which have pretty different playstyles. So, that's great. And the boss fights have a lot of variety and take different strategies. Very fun.

... but that's about where the game ends. The current campaign is maybe 2 hours long, being generous. Most of the levels are pretty much more of the same. It feels very hollow, as a result, because you're not doing anything besides the core gameplay of run jump shoot splode. When you beat the campaign you're just dumped back on the world map with no ending screen at all. Almost every mode is "alpha". Most of the modes are geared towards local or online multiplayer--there's deathmatch, time trial race, a bunch of custom level things. I checked their update history and they appear to be adding stuff every month, but it doesn't look like they've added anything to the campaign since April or so and mostly it seems like they're focusing on adding characters and polishing movement and bugfixing, as well as adding more superfluous modes. I feel like they've got a game that is decent passable fun for a few hours, but they're not doing anything to take it to the next level. Like, they've added a lot of stuff built around user-made levels and rating and subscribing and it looks like they're going to integrate user levels into the campaign... but, like... I dunno. It just feels pretty samey.

Also, it's kind of funny, but it's not as funny as it thinks it is. The ironic patriotism thing is cool upfront but doesn't really go anywhere. It's too bad.

I'll be checking back in in six months or whenever the final release is to see if they've added more to it.

PS The free spinoff Expendabros game is only available until tomorrow. This is your last chance: http://store.steampowered.com/app/312990/ I feel like playing this for free is going to be a way better bet for you than buying the full game for actual real money.

Wait, is that only to grab Expendabros? Or will it disappear from my game list tomorrow? I haven't played it yet because I wanted to finish the main game first, then watch the Expendable movies, then play the game to get maximum appreciation.

JaseC

Expect extra copies from packs. Traders are already 'abusing' this. (Open region locked pack for cheap/free with VPN, send extras gifts back which will be sold for profit)

Yeah, I know, but strictly speaking the item you buy isn't the bonus gifts: it's the multi-pack sub itself, which is region-locked. Admittedly I could have clarified this to begin with.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wait, is that only to grab Expendabros? Or will it disappear from my game list tomorrow? I haven't played it yet because I wanted to finish the main game first, then watch the Expendable movies, then play the game to get maximum appreciation.

Well there's no reason why they couldn't remove it from your library, but historically when stuff is removed from the store, it stays in your library. I'm not sure if this is the kind of free game that only stays in your library while installed or the kind that stays in your library even when you delete it--JaseC could probably clarify that much.

JaseC

Well there's no reason why they couldn't remove it from your library, but historically when stuff is removed from the store, it stays in your library. I'm not sure if this is the kind of free game that only stays in your library while installed or the kind that stays in your library even when you delete it--JaseC could probably clarify that much.

Free on Demand games only stick around post-uninstall if you own DLC for them. That being said, I was talking to Devolver about a week ago and it said it'd look into making The Expendabros and the Fork Parker game +1s some time next year, so the game may return in the not-too-distant future.

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of the release of Enhanced Steam. Kinda crazy for me to think about.

Awesome stuff man. The changes over the last two years are crazy.

So I finally own Final Fantasy XIII. (Normally I'm all about waiting for the 75% off or better sales, but I wanted to play this one and I figure it won't drop lower than this for at least a little while longer still.) Probably won't touch it until I finish MGR:R (just reached the sewers last night). As of now, MGR:R is easily my Steam GOTY.

It's in my top 3 as well. RULESOFNATUREBITCHES

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Awesome stuff man. The changes over the last two years are crazy.

I know, right? I have a code copy of every version that's been released, and it's crazy how simplistic the initial versions were. I can only imagine what it will look like in another two year's time.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Given Bethesda's annoying DLC pricing, this may end up being the mostly widely entered modbot giveaway
of DLC
ever.

This is the only DLC I'm missing. I swore to myself not to enter any giveaways until I've cleared a significant part of my backlog. I even tempted myself by thinking that with this DLC I could clear the full Dishonored game from my backlog.

912dd585429c92710376178a8d8e0d65cf579395c66b1d86162b755dcd94d9fb.jpg

Tizoc

This is the only DLC I'm missing. I swore to myself not to enter any giveaways until I've cleared a significant part of my backlog. I even tempted myself by thinking that with this DLC I could clear the full Dishonored game from my backlog.

912dd585429c92710376178a8d8e0d65cf579395c66b1d86162b755dcd94d9fb.jpg

...so...
did you enter or not?

Arthea

guys, buy my foils, seriously, it's sale time! why can't I sell foils, even dirty cheap ones (._.)

That's cool. Bought a bunch of games just now and got no cards for it. I should have received at least four.

this bug was hitting me every steam sale but this one, maybe because I bought less games? (><)
Usually cards appear later, not always, but most of the time, if it's any consolation.

Monooboe

Ok, I have a feeling I will love Wasteland 2. Just played it quick but it felt "right" in a sense. Didn't even get to combat so it all could change, but still.

Also, got my Das Keyboard 4 Professional today and now I feel like I want to write a novel or something! haha

Tizoc

Reposting for the new page
dpoLK.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches DLC -- MB-4370DD314FC03727 - Taken by milena87. 39 entrants total.

t1419974091z1.png

Deques

If anyone for some reason still wants Family Guy, that is removed from the Steam store, can still purchase it from Direct2Drive (formerly known as GameFly (formerly known as Direct2Drive))

Main game and dlc

MadGear

I'm also on the verge of buying FF XII however I'm not so sure about that yet considering that the promised "fix" didn't fix all of the technical issues yet and probably never will get fixed at all. Considering this and the harsh response this game received i don't know I would ever finish the game.

In addition, I also just beat MGR:R and really enjoyed it and will probably start my next playthrough of it soon. I had to replay the initial boss fight right away just because of how awesome and over the top that fight is especially in the context of the Metal Gear universe. If it weren't for some issues with the camera i could have said that i loved everything about it, which is odd because i can't recall having similiar issues with Bayonettta at all (but my memory might deceive me about this one because everything i recall about Bayonetta is perfection).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom