• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSeuss

...and then my temporary filling came out. It was supposed to last me two weeks until I could take out another loan for the next surgery.

...and then my temporary filling came out. It was supposed to last me two weeks until I could take out another loan for the next surgery.

You just couldn't lay off that leftover Hallowe'en toffee, could you?

Just kidding man, but seriously that sucks. So what's the next step? Go back to the dentist and make him put in a new temporary filling free of charge? Just deal with it and not eat on that side?

Anyone else expecting to spend the most on the last day of the sale?
If it's an encore with my most regretful 'skips', I'm concerned, especially since my budget is already gone.
my wallet is sadly already empty but if there are good <1,50 bucks games on the last day as encores i might push my limits and get them for gifting.
IndieGala is giving another game. This time it's Deadbreed
that offer ain't showing for me?
I'll ask again since it was missed. How's pixel piracy?
i was also interested in pixel piracy and watched videos on youtube. recommend you do the same to get a feel of the game.

btw the dev is giving the game away for free.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/264140/announcements/detail/236769092122924624
Today marks the 2 year anniversary of the release of Enhanced Steam. Kinda crazy for me to think about.
nge-congratulations-o.gif

great stuff :)
Just saw the videos on the steam page for Ultimate General: Gettysburg.
Game looks tiiiiight. Voted.
yep. took a look at its storepage and damn it looks really cool.
watched the second video - which is over 20mins ! - and there is something soothing about it.

it was made by a total war modder apparently.
only thing bugging me a bit is that during firefights it looks like noone is actually dying.
Now I know how those venture capitalists feel like. SPECULATE TO ACCUMUUMULATE, Son.

RD3NbCa.png
CgJoJqR.jpg

now the wait begins..

nice seeing you here for a change and thanks again!

I have a 50% off coupon (from Lootcrate) for Lichdom: Battlemage.

I believe it can be used to bring it down from the sale price of $10 to $5?

I am still not completely sold though. Maybe I should try to trade/sell it for ~$2 and let that make up my mind to not get it.

MRORANGE

Last thread of the year from me:

Portable PC Gaming Thread | Play Crysis on a $99 tablet

idGJhK2ycPpl0.jpg

What is this madness?

With the new Atoms it is now possible to run older PC games on windows 8 tablets. With the continuous competiion of MS/Intel with Android in the cheap tablet market we are getting tablets that can run old X86 games (circa 2005) on very cheap hardware. This is great for people who have a lot of old PC games or have a backlog of old Steam/GOG games.

Some examples of what a $99 tablet can do (HP Stream 7):

Half-Life 2
PPSSPP
Skyrim
Crysis

As you can see it runs CPU demanding games pretty well (for it's price-point), and should handle old PC games like a charm. Depending on how much or little you want t to spend it could be a interesting venture into true portable X86 gaming. It's advisable to get something better than the tablet in the videos though,

Any other tips?

- Most tablets have bluetooth/wifi so you can connect any wireless controller you have.
- Most tablets have HDMI out and a USB port to connect to a TV and other devices
- More Ram is a good idea.
- Try keeping games on external storage or another medium as internal HDD is still quite small.
- Play at lowest possible settings.
- If all else fails use Steam Streaming

A big thanks to bomblord1 and brain_stew for the insight.

I am still not completely sold though. Maybe I should try to trade/sell it for ~$2 and let that make up my mind to not get it.

It's repetitive but fun (though I didn't play a lot) Graphics are really good, AAA quality.

didamangi

Have you tried to use it on checkout? The loot crate coupon has the "can't be applied with other discounts" description on it, so I assume it won't stacked with the sale discount. Might track down one if it does though.

It's repetitive but fun (though I didn't play a lot) Graphics are really good, AAA quality.

That's what my bud said. He said it was fun, but he only played a little bit. That seems to undermine the claim that it was a lot of fun :p

Have you tried to use it on checkout? The loot crate coupon has the "can't be applied with other discounts" description on it, so I assume it won't stacked with the sale discount. Might track down one if it does though.

You may be right. I didn't even see where I can enter a discount code.

madjoki

Nope, devs changed coupons (including existing) so they don't apply to sale price, because it stacking with deep discount would've been too much.

Parsnip

I just got crushed by Artorias, literally. I forgot how fast he can close the distance with some of those jump attacks.

But then I was also playing very sloppily. Even though it's been quite a while since I played the DLC before, when I know what to expect, I get very lazy with the way I play. Still a great game, but the thrill of exploring entirely new areas in a souls game is tough to beat.

By the way corrosivefrost, was the stream quality decent? Also, did the in-game overlay show up in the stream when I opened the chat window?

Lomax

As someone who has been a PC exclusive gamer for nearly two decades and has been building my own PCs for almost that entire time, the nightmare i have been going through installing my new motherboard and processor and getting my computer running again is almost enough to make me want a console. This shit is seriously going to make me lose my mind.

As someone who has been a PC exclusive gamer for nearly two decades and has been building my own PCs for almost that entire time, the nightmare i have been going through installing my new motherboard and processor and getting my computer running again is almost enough to make me want a console. This shit is seriously going to make me lose my mind.

I think age does that to all of us. I lost my mind trying to install my CPU cooler a year or so ago. To be honest, it has a pretty shit design (Hyper 212 EVO) but I doubt I would have been this flustered 10 years ago.

onionfrog

Dang Final Fantasy 3 and 4 are only 50% off?

I should have just bought them when the square enix online store had them on sale a few weeks ago instead... (I think they were 60% off there).

Oh well, plenty in the backlog. I can wait.

Metal Slug 3 anda FF7 are good ports right? I know FF7 has the SQEX drm but I guess I can deal if it's just a login.

Apart from the login, saving takes a while since it checks every damn time to verify internet connection for cloud saving.

After the first login, you can play offline though. I hadn't had problems with that so far.

Every time someone says XII instead of XIII, I cry a little inside.

That being said, I'm playing through XIII on PC and I'm not running into any issues whatsoever. Almost 20 hours in, just made it to Gran Pulse. 1080p looks good (except for the cut scenes) and I'm not noticing any slowdowns like others have reported. Running a Radeon HD 7850 which is a few years old now.

Every time someone says XIII without anything extra to identify it as something other than the cel shaded shooter, I cry a little inside.

Locust

Aliens: Colonial Marines + Aliens vs. Predator pulled. That was pretty unexpected.

No ACM season pass for me I guess :v

It only got my vote because I already had the other two games, but with all these comments, I might pick it up for real should it win.

Gettysburg is great. Get it. The user interface is so intuitive, that wargame rookies can jump right in, no problem. Not to mention you can tailor the AI however you want.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Aliens: Colonial Marines + Aliens vs. Predator pulled. That was pretty unexpected.

$10.19 from Amazon although in all honesty that's $10 more than what I paid for the game itself.

Yeah, I hurried up and bought Classic 2000 when I saw that just in case. I think Steam is the only place to get the Steam version of that one.

denx

I'll ask again:

1 - Is FFXI in sale? If so, how much is it?
2 - Can a US copy of FFXI be redeemed in South America? Or is the game region locked?

If the game can be redeemed in the Americas, I'd appreciate if someone could help me get it. I can paypal the money.

Also there's a game I can't see in the flash deals. What game is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom