• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I know not many of you care about it, but Letter Quest has holiday update, a new character
(funny)
and a weapon.TF2 had it as usual, and I think I didn't encounter more.

I have around 40 games on Steam. It's a pitiful number compared to some here.
why so negative my friend? :)

it is not about having the biggest library but about having the most fun. sorry jasec :p

i find it absolutely understandable to have a small selection of games, when you keep in mind how few really get played for many hours.
in that aspect i think it is very reasonable when someone chooses console as their main gaming outlet and only purchases maybe a handful of titles per year - and doesn't get dozens upon dozens of cheap bundle stuff.

i can confidently count the amount of games which i played intensively in my youth with two hands. and i don't feel any remorse for not having played everything under the sun.

inm8num2

I'll tell you one more great thing, it doesn't run on my PC, for example. Well, not entirely true, it runs for about 10-15 minutes, then it shutdowns PC.
true story (._.)
worst preorder I made this year

On second thought, the game looks somewhat demanding so I hope I don't win as it will probably run like shit on my laptop (if at all).

Annubis

arnold-schwarzenegger-as-conan-the-barbarian.jpg

Crom wishes you all a happy new year with great fortune and endeavors

Great giveaway! I'm having trouble choosing which game I want to try my luck with.

Tizoc

The Talos Principle specs requirement is interesting. I had to lower a bunch of stuff to have it run at 60 FPS, but even THEN it can go to 30 FPS or lower, it's like it can't decide on what framerate to stick to. This islikely due to the game's entire setting being linked and that the game would instantly load all the areas at once.

That's a good number if they are solid games and not just +1's.

I'm always impressed by people with 1000+ Steam games. I've been going for years and am just about to hit 400.

With the abundance of cheap game bundles nowadays, buying 1 or 2 bundles a week (even at the lowest $1 tier for 3-4 games) would net someone 200-400 games in a year. Throw in a few purchases from the big Steam sales, dailies\weeklong\weekend deals, sales from other PCDD sites, and free keys from giveaways or greenlit games, reaching the 1000 game milestone doesn't seem as amazing as it once was.

Awesome giveaway Tizoc, now looks like the time to reconsider Lost Planet 3.

And something that I was on the fence with but decided to jump in, I've played about 20 minutes but I love it and I'm sure the winner will too. Good luck. (ps it's a short giveaway so the winner should still be eligible for tizoc's giveaway, at least I hope so right?)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeon of the Endless -- MB-05ADF058057FAA6E - Taken by Sarcasm. 53 entrants total.

t1420081387z1.png

Not a bad haul, but I was expecting way better. I anticipated a lot of games going on sale and at least hit their historical low (like Doom 3: BFG, or Valdis Story), but nope. Overall, the sale was pretty disappointing. The fact that I still have Steam wallet leftover speaks to that. Honestly, I was more interested in the auction, since some of those "deals" could be pretty good.

Better make up for it next year, Valve. Release a new game. Go all out for the Summer Sale. Just stop being so boring.

XShagrath

I wish I had known that the auction was going to be the best/cheapest way to get some stuff this sale. I didn't buy any additional gems and just junked my backgrounds/emotes and ended up winning LEGO Pirates. I still had a couple thousand gems kicking around after that that I had saved for the Winter meta-game. That was a wise idea.

I did end up getting more this sale than I did in the last couple sales, but that's because I just kinda resigned myself to use my Wallet money that I got last XMas. I've still got $10 left, but I'll probably pick up a few odds and ends tomorrow to finish that off.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does the Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass include all of the DLC?

It's missing the CE upgrade, the LE pack and a couple of pieces of weapon DLC (sawed-off shotgun and SHARP sticks).

Also how do I check to see if I own it? (I forgot)

The Season Pass? Check the DLC tab of the game's properties window and see if this stuff is listed.

randomly checked my inventory and saw that i have this -80% coupon for About Love, Hate and the other ones

with the current sale discount of -25% i wonder whether the coupon stacks though?

that would bring the price down to only 1,05$ !

of anyone wants the coupon just hit me on steam or send me a pm.

It doesn't stack. Fortunately, though, the coupon expires after the Winter Sale, so it'll be usable just before it expires.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It's missing the CE upgrade, the LE pack, Reconnaissance, and a couple of pieces of weapon DLC (sawed-off shotgun and SHARP sticks).

The Season Pass? Check the DLC tab of the game's properties window and see if this stuff is listed.

Sigh, is there any way to get that DLC or is it another DARK situation?

randomly checked my inventory and saw that i have this -80% coupon for About Love, Hate and the other ones

with the current sale discount of -25% i wonder whether the coupon stacks though?

that would bring the price down to only 1,05$ !

of anyone wants the coupon just hit me on steam or send me a pm.

Weird, I had the same same coupon as well about a week ago. I think it replaced a pixel piracy coupon I had.

cisO8.gif

Grief.exe

I actually ended up spending more money circumventing potential licencing issues this sale than anything else. I really don't have any intention of playing these in the short term, but licensed titles always make me nervous.

Transformers: War for Cybertron
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Ghostbusters
Aliens: Colonial Marines

Activision should still have a contract with Nickolodeon, so Korra comes next sale.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
GamersGate still has all of Colonial Marines stuff up. You'll be paying about $12, though, assuming the prices I'm seeing aren't Aussie Taxed. (I just realised that Reconnaissance is actually included in the SP, haha.)

Thanks.

I actually ended up spending more money circumventing potential licencing issues this sale than anything else. I really don't have any intention of playing any of these anytime soon, but licensed titles always make me nervous.

Transformers: War for Cybertron
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Ghostbusters
Aliens: Colonial Marines

Activision should still have a contract with Nickolodeon, so Korra comes next sale.

Ghostbusters just returned after being pulled if I recall correctly. So it should be safe for awhile.

Season pass alone is 29,95€ here.

Happy new year y'all btw!

Happy new year!

derExperte

GamersGate still has all of Colonial Marines stuff up. You'll be paying about $12, though, assuming the prices I'm seeing aren't Aussie Taxed. (I just realised that Reconnaissance is actually included in the SP, haha.)

Season pass alone is 29,95€ here.

Happy new year y'all btw!

there's only one thing on my list for '14
  • it was the best decision to register on gaf. learned a lot here and made lots of new friends. some even great :)

So only some are great. While the rest is eeeeeehhhhh? I see.

;)

MRORANGE

It's 12:52AM, Happy New Year SteamGAF :)

Hopefully SteamOS and the console/gamepad grace us this year.

New thread and Steam GOTY coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom