• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

I am guessing Humble charges the year subscription right away right? So they will charge me $130USD day 1 instead of discounted price every month.

thekeats

Neo Member
Couple of more bits to giveaway...

Kickstarted A Hat in Time but wasn't happy with the recent silence. So decided to let someone else have a go.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thekeats, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
A Hat In Time -- MB-F975E4E8F2446936 - Taken by spindoctor. 46 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Worms W.M.D. -- MB-4A834F0F0AB41EB0 - Taken by Sarcasm. 9 entrants total.
Banner Saga 2 -- MB-7856819C8935E64B - Taken by kurahador. 10 entrants total.

t1507308963z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase how do you feel about AC Origins after new previews? :D

I actually haven't really given them the time of day yet and probably won't change that seeing as the game has been covered a lot since E3 and it's only a few weeks away now, but I like what I've seen thus far.

Sarcasm

MonkeyBot broken for me =(

I only have it running and no other extension, still doesn't auto fill in the PM besides recipient.

I'm ready for the Monthly today. I opted out of last month's so this month is a guaranteed bet it's gonna be a good one, right? Right????

Endruen

MonkeyBot broken for me =(

I only have it running and no other extension, still doesn't auto fill in the PM besides recipient.
It happens to me too since the last update.

Would settle for 2/3 OG ports on GOG. I just want to buy two of the best games ever made but no chance I'm buying physical media. I hardly even do it for my PS4/Switch.

Yeah, I understand, just saying that Konami sucks now and you can't expect anything else than pachinko machines from them nowadays.
I love my physical games, I only buy them digital if there's no other way to get them at a reasonable price (except Steam games, but I want to buy Dark Souls 3 and The Witcher 3 physical too).

Mikurden

If the source code is lost, it would have to be remade from the ground up. And I'm skeptical that anyone is willing to do that and able to pay the rights to rerelease the game.
Yeah, but why not just package it with DOSBox or whatever on digital storefronts? Just giving it a higher profile and making it more accessible could keep it from being forgotten even if sales weren't good enough to ignite interest in trying to do anything more than that.

Grug

Just spent 2 hours tagging and categorising my 244 Steam titles.

I probably had more fun doing that that I would actually have playing half of those games.

OCD Simulator 2017.

Tizoc

I probably had more fun doing that that I would actually have playing half of those games.

OCD Simulator 2017.

Yay!
I like to organize my Steam library too! I've got a couple of hundred that need categorizing still tho XP

You are so lucky. It is too late for me now.

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!
Have some music playing in the background or a Podcast, audio drama or heck even a movie or TV show and organize while listening to it.

Endruen

OCD Simulator 2017.

My library is almost twice yours, so I guess I won't do it.
I'm pretty ok with the alfabetical order, the only kind of catergories I think I'd do is unfinished/beaten/100% games.

redlacs

I love organizing my Steam stuff until one day you log in and it's all just gone.

I haven't organized since that happened...

how long ago was that? my categories disappeared for me couple of times now but always came back the day/couple of restarts later. switching users helped once too

BasilZero

Now that my wife is here living with me after waiting 17 months for her to get her visa....its awkward playing Sakura games in front of her lol.

So I do it when she is asleep.

Knurek

Now that my wife is here living with me after waiting 17 months for her to get her visa....its awkward playing Sakura games in front of her lol.

So I do it when she is asleep.

Why would you play Sakura games if you have a wife living with you.
Is her aunt Flo visiting her at the moment?

How is Dead Space 1? Is it worth a play?

Just make sure to disable ingame VSync, as that locks the game to 30 fps.

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!
Have some music playing in the background or a Podcast, audio drama or heck even a movie or TV show and organize while listening to it.

I have about 4000 games, 3000+ of which are bundle fodder, its just not worth it :(. Oh well, I usually search the steam store by genre and then will play the game that is listed as in my library.

Javier23

Banned
It's an amazing game. I need to replay it and finish it once and for all...
Need to play it for the first time. Really looking forward to it, if I ever get the chance. But the article is definitely right, we're spoilt. Don't think I value GOG and others enough.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
How is Dead Space 1? Is it worth a play?

It's an action-horror game that started out as System Shock title. I was thinking about it the other day when I was thinking of games that Prey is basically in the same lineage as. I haven't played it in a long time, but I imagine it holds up alright. I think it requires ini editing to get better than 30 FPS, and probably higher resolutions. There are some turret sections that are generally regarded as crap.

I'd say go for it. There are worse games you could try for October.

BasilZero

Why would you play Sakura games if you have a wife living with you.
Is her aunt Flo visiting her at the moment?

Just make sure to disable ingame VSync, as that locks the game to 30 fps.

Lmao, I am just trying to complete games on my backlog. Sakura games are short like 1-2 hours lol - so easy ones to knock out :p.

Also wanna hit 100 games completed for this year.

So far at 88 games completed.

Top Bottom