• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

Marketing budgets actually exist to make people exited about stuff, let's not forget that and unless you are old and bitter, it works, or nobody would have spent millions on that ;)

exactly!

edited: talking about not being excited when you should. Still nobody plays Crystal Story II but me, even if I keep repeating how fun it is. Everybody is at fault at going for shiny expensive things, but me (><)
I again can't beat a certain postgame optional boss btw, but I will, if even it will take another 10 hours!

I been playing it through my activity feed, would get it if I could. Is there a first one?

Arthea

I been playing it through my activity feed, would get it if I could. Is there a first one?

The first one is still free, but not on steam. You can play it here
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/579445

but I would go with second one, it's so good!

Second is the flash game too, so no fancy graphics, but it's nice enough and it might be the best flash game ever.

edited: I decided to elaborate some. Crystal Story is obviously taking inspiration from Final Fantasy, but it's not a bad thing in this case. It's funny at times and as I said it's fun to play.

Sega Genesis Collection $2.62
Steam key provided

There is another Sega Genesis Collection for sale $4.88.

Collection 1-4 are in both packs. Collection 5 is not available in the second pack and there are some games in the second that are not in the first pack.

You probably need to buy both to have the complete Sega Genesis collection

Don't forget broken achievements that never get fixed or removed

The individual collections are more expensive than the bundle right now. Hilarious.
I paid a fortune for some of these games 20 years ago...

Arthea

I bought the first pack, the one with collection 5. You'll get a key for each collection.

Better than Epic Battle Fantasy 4?

You had to do this, hadn't you? (><)
To my shame I still haven't played it, even if a year passed already
too many games, too little time

Arthea

The individual collections are more expensive than the bundle right now. Hilarious.
I paid a fortune for some of these games 20 years ago...

talking about 20 years ago, I wish sega released generations on steam instead of classic Phantasy Star games, generations are so much more preferable at this point.

edited: as you are all old, that makes me young, doesn't it? (><)
somebody has to be young, I volunteer!

Hey, you're not old at all!
I'm apparently one year older than you é_é

he is old, if he says so, and you are young, as far as I'm concerned it's all about how you feel!

Milamber

talking about 20 years ago, I wish sega released generations on steam instead of classic Phantasy Star games, generations are so much more preferable at this point.

edited: as you are all old, that makes me young, doesn't it? (><)
somebody has to be young, I volunteer!

Only when you believe yourself to be young, you are already old.

Arthea

Only when you believe yourself to be young, you are already old.

how can you say that?
ibzhlb08IibQsw.gif

Deques

You had to do this, hadn't you? (><)
To my shame I still haven't played it, even if a year passed already
too many games, too little time

I started playing it some months ago, it was fun in the beginning but then it started to get grindy. The battles were too long and they come in multiple waves

hey! milena and I don't count now?

edited:
Have we talked about Terraria: Otherworld announcement already?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCXk_ZCgxJI&feature=player_detailpage

The teaser looks nice, but I want to see more before I let it consume my soul :)
Looks like this is not Terraria 2

The teams at Re-Logic and Engine Software would like to take a few moments to provide the entire Terraria Community with a major announcement. As we hinted earlier in our quite vague "teaser", we will be collaborating on a new project that is not Terraria 2, nor anything else that we had discussed before.

derExperte

So many Kidults here. Young people are gross.

I used that thing for about a year until my friend convinced me to try PC gaming again.

Thank Gaben he didn't make a thread on GAF asking for advice first or you might not be here now.

Anyway, sadly the Amiga was obviously dying in '93, Commodore itself basically dead and all their shitty efforts to keep the platform alive failed. Time to jump ship and since I now was in a computer science class in school the old 'Dad, I need this to learn stuff' worked yet again just like with the C64 and Amiga (though I suspect my parents were on to me and had just given up). Fortunately the thing already came with 10 games, most of which are considered classics today, I was the best in computer class without trying, made my parents proud, played legendary games non-stop and then Doom was released. Great time that was. Then in '96 this once top-of-the-line PC got too slow to play newer games and not like today where you can turn down details, shit became literally unplayable, so I bought a PS1 and got into console gaming. For about half a year before a mighty Pentium 200 arrived. Which soon got the Voodoo 3dfx treatment.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did I mention I was playing on 56k back then? Someone picks up the phone and I get dropped. No broadband for me back then.

I was playing CS and Q3 on dial-up until late 2004. Moving from 46.6k to 512k "broadband" was a revelation at the time.

Arthea

I started playing it some months ago, it was fun in the beginning but then it started to get grindy. The battles were too long and they come in multiple waves

The teaser looks nice, but I want to see more before I let it consume my soul :)
Looks like this is not Terraria 2

the funny part I bought it to play day one, a year later I barely started... story of my life (><)

I don't get much from teaser too, they actually insist it's not Terraria 2!
it totally is

I want to change things up. How did all of you get into PC gaming and/or steamGaf?

The first PC my family owned was an old one that my father bought used, though I used to play on PC on my friends house even before I owned one, we played Carmageddon, most of the old TR games and tons of Star Wars games. Initially the first games I played on my family PC were from Mega Drive and SNES emulators, during the computer course (mostly of public schools there didn't have a computer class) I had a colleague that copied Half-Life for me and it was the first time I was blown away by a game, played it for many hours and finished it in all difficulties.

Later we bought a new computer, and we finally get broadband internet so I quickly learned how to pirate games, many years later I discovered Steam and then registered for it to get a free copy of Portal.

My first contact with SteamGAF was during a sale where I asked if the Deus EX Collection was worth the 75% discount it had. Then I'm here until today, posting a lot less, but still here.

Derp

titch

I want to change things up. How did all of you get into PC gaming and/or steamGaf?

My first real love for gaming was my c64(damn that was an awesome machine - soo many great memories). Natural progression was to the Amiga 500 and then the letdown of the Amiga 1200. I always thought Commodore would rock forever but the PC came along and derailed that train pretty quickly.

My first time gaming on the PC was the likes of Dune/Jazzy Jack Rabbit/Wolfenstein and Links Golf. I worked as a lowly paid computer maintenance engineer so I usually ended up being able to buy some older second hand kit from a m8. So PC gaming never really grabbed me and I kinda left gaming for a while until......

Although I had a Snes my first real console was the Playstation and I hit gaming again in a big way - again the PC was still about but mainly used for emulating C64 games or playing some old arcade hits on Mame. I did get a PS2 but again I fell away from gaming although I did keep my hand in now and again.

I had a little renaissance in PC gaming with the early COD titles and that was my first real MP gaming with some mates I was a good laugh but quickly my PC and VC were out of date and being a dad meant I didn't have enough cash to pay for regular upgrades so I got a 360 which was my main machine for over 6 years.

Once again I had fallen away from gaming, this time due to health reasons. To give me some control over my health I took up triathlons and my spare time was used up with that and the only thing my 360 was used for was my daughters playing minecraft/terraria/spelunky.

The 360 was nearing its EOL and PS4/XBO did nothing for me but I started feeling the urge to get back into gaming again and going PC with its huge back catalogue and quality indie titles coming out on a regular basis seemed a natural progression.

I've been lurking on gaf for ages for general gaming stuff but never really became a regular poster until SteamGaf/IndieGaf. The rest of the threads I never(still don't) felt like contributing to as they went by so quick I never felt like jumping in, so Gaf became somewhere I used only for gaming news.

I started reading SteamGaf because of the last sale thread which I started reading because I got a the new PC.

SteamGaf is more of a little community which I really like - I get to see the types of games folk are into and find it easier to take part in converstations when I feel like I have something to add - I guess I still mainly lurk but it's an entertaining place and my go to thread when I open neoGaf.

MUnited83

For you.
That reminds me that "the" Bonetown has been greenlit for so long and yet it never showed up.

Which is a good thing, because I don't see the appeal of a sex-less version with the crazy ammounts of racism still in it.

xBladeM6x

I opened Steam, only to see a quarter of my games missing. Nearly had a heart attack. Thankfully, restarting Steam did the trick.

user237

I started using Steam because of the Humble Origin Bundle. That's probably not what they expected. But 7 games for a dollar was enough to get me to switch to digital distribution, and cheap bundles made sure that Steam was my choice. I ended up buying a few GOG games when it made sense (old RPGs) but have used Steam for everything else.

Knurek

edited: talking about getting into PC gaming, I was there at the start and let's leave it at that (><)

I don't believe you, you weren't even a sperm in your father's testicles when PC gaming started.
(1952 if anyone's curious. We're old geezers, Arthea, but not this old)

Faabulous

PC gaming was just natural to me. My older brother had a PC, so I just played on it. We had a Master System then a SNES but those never interested me a lot.
As for steam, I think it's the same as a lot of people, I went to buy HL2 in 2005 and it required me to install steam. So I did. Later I bought CS, then I sold my PS2 and was gaming full time on the PC. Never had a console that wasn't a handheld since. No 7th or 8th gen for me, just PC, a DS and now a vita.

Jadax

So I started playing Darkest Dungeon...the biggest problem I've encountered so far is replacing the heroes I have sent to the tavern/sanitarium. My last 2-3 hero pools have been Crusader heavy and I need a healer!

Arthea

Is it possible to add gifts to your humble library? I was sure it's possible, but it seems it's not or I can't find how.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I almost can't believe it's not possible to cancel a co-op game search in Unity. Now I have to either exit to the desktop (because there's no option to exit to the main menu like almost every other game ever) or wait for Unity to find a game just so I can quit it.

Tried Dark Souls 2 last night before going to bed for an hour or so. Coming straight from DS1 I kinda felt too overconfident and died in some rash moves, haha.

I really have to applaud FromSoftware again for their tremendous step-up technically. The game does run much better at much higher resolutio and settings.

Something about the control feels different though. Can't put my finger on it but it feels like my character doesn't change direction the same way as in DS1. Also camera panning speed feels different. Looks more cinematic but it felt more direct in DS1.

I still need to change the resolution to a custom one. Is GeDoSaTo like DSfix in that regard I assume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom