• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

True, I just thought a sort of "reverse auction" would be interesting - a limited number of copies are available, everything starts at 50% off, and the price decreases by $0.10 each minute.

Yeah, it would be an interesting experiment.
Don't really see it happening, though. Maybe with the indie games, but the big publishers?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah, it would be an interesting experiment.
Don't really see it happening, though. Maybe with the indie games, but the big publishers?

Yeah, probably not. The PC gaming industry is really weird when it comes to pricing digital goods.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
sorry if old but found this regarding the MGS announcement ^_^

11050303_10205223838548478_9118943012844019646_o.jpg

Woo!

Annubis

That reminds me, is making bitcoins on your pc still a thing thats doable? I know the big money is long gone but I was wondering if I could mine my way to indiegala $1 games?

The computing time needed to farm now is too high.
Your more likely to break your graphic card mining with it BEFORE the cutting point at which you'd get another one.

Most people doing it now paid their equipment with past mining when it was much easier.
Like most things, you had to be there at the start.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Shame. I really do enjoy the community features Steam offers. And while it is senseless and probably laziness on my part, I have the need to have everything on one place.

Also, how did you learn so much about all these services. Not only the obvious user things but behind the scenes knowledge like key generation methods, regulations etc?

Lots of reading, I suppose, but also a dash of personal experience (e.g. I learned from my ticket about wanting my ARMA X NA sub reverted back to a gift that Valve can't manually add games to user libraries/inventories without them being pushed through Steam's backend as a purchase).

Unreal Engine 4 is up and running :D I already learned first thing (how to import assets) :D

Try it SteamGAF it is not game but some of you could have fun messing around.

P.S. We should ask Epic to put it on Steam for JaseC to get that +1 :D

They won't, it has been discussed in their forums before !

Barbarian

Can't believe I missed Thunderscape on the GoG sale! Not that I would have played it for more than a few minutes (the game wasn't very good), but it would have brought back some memories.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-E625592D1E7502A1 - Taken by rainking187
X-Note -- MB-B1469428F2B7F58A - Taken by Mavromatis
Solar Struggle -- MB-4079CD424020992A - Taken by Purkake4
King Arthur's Gold -- MB-67CF273B406DCE6B - Taken by Loptous
o.0

Coreda

Yeah, when people began reporting avatar issues I just assumed it was a browser-specific problem since I've not had any trouble.

Try force-refreshing the page using Ctrl+F5, which will load from the server again rather than cache. I'd be surprised if they displayed still seeing as asset3.neogaf.com is down.

Turfster

Oh huh, my Wasteland 2 click that I thought wasn't going to go through turned into a free Spacecom.
The legends are true!

Fresh: Aarklash Legacy

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Try force-refreshing the page using Ctrl+F5, which will load from the server again rather than cache. I'd be surprised if they displayed still seeing as asset3.neogaf.com is down.

Still no issues. Asset3 isn't down for me:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>ping asset3.neogaf.com

Pinging assets.neogafllc.netdna-cdn.com [108.161.188.129] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 108.161.188.129: bytes=32 time=239ms TTL=50
Reply from 108.161.188.129: bytes=32 time=238ms TTL=50
Reply from 108.161.188.129: bytes=32 time=238ms TTL=52
Reply from 108.161.188.129: bytes=32 time=238ms TTL=52

Ping statistics for 108.161.188.129:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 238ms, Maximum = 239ms, Average = 238ms

KarmaCow

Despite not really like like REvelations, I'm kinda tempted to try out the sequel. If I buy the first episode, will I get some sort of discount on the package deal to account for that?

Old spares.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bionic Dues -- MB-8C91D3A8C6BCAFF7 - Taken by C4rter
99 Spirits -- MB-30EE1A324BCF1319 - Taken by ExoSoul
Shattered Haven -- MB-1886F0726341DED2 - Taken by texhnolyze
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-A4B10D1AD3A2B4F3 - Taken by Anteater
Words for Evil -- MB-ABE9CBFFFF28649F - Taken by Newblade
Spy Chameleon - RGB Agent -- MB-D4A3568777ACCF8F - Taken by crazyrabbits
Luna: Shattered Hearts: Episode 1 -- MB-CD867F318FC03ADA - Taken by factorone
Yury -- MB-1F437A9809E3C2E0 - Taken by Akuosa
Type Rider -- MB-2EA436DC887DE3FD - Taken by iosefe
Desert Ashes -- MB-D330C2145BC1E982 - Taken by SSPssp
Rage Runner -- MB-F79A18C5D41C09EB - Taken by Abomination
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory -- MB-91EAB97FAB433322 - Taken by rainking187
GAUGE -- MB-C9E5ACC5D9CAF473 - Taken by xGreg
Triblaster -- MB-C0887CFC9A988506 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Mechanic Escape -- MB-DFF5EC88B846EF95 - Taken by lindarasta
LEVEL 22 -- MB-5D35AEC4EDDFE0F1 - Taken by DaBargainHunta
Fly'N -- MB-9B54EF1434ADF2F3 - Taken by fspm
Nihilumbra -- MB-0AC2A60C2414D631 - Taken by Speevy
The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths -- MB-FDB405FD4DCAC684 - Taken by anastef
Dungeon Lurk II - Leona -- MB-6F2ED3A52FBB173E - Taken by sensoft04
Cloud Chamber -- MB-A1F5F3F12E3BA698 - Taken by Leg-End
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-0B977D21946D43FE - Taken by rrvv
Robot Rescue Revolution -- MB-9B2913F976AEA3AA - Taken by Delusibeta
Castle -- MB-9C751B715EC773DA - Taken by NightmareTrigger
T.E.C 3001 -- MB-243B45685FBF9C38 - Taken by drakaenae
Skyward Collapse -- MB-2634A62DD65D109A - Taken by darkchewie
xheRJRF.gif
Chicken Shoot Gold -- MB-2F271E56D9A04D6A - Taken by Chreznor
Volt -- MB-8A43374BA3017067 - Taken by tioslash
Meltdown -- MB-0D8E74295D046541 - Taken by fuzzy123
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-5B05270442E1F700 - Taken by Perun

Copons

Sooooooo,
I've been extremely overloaded by work and study and Xenoblade Chronicles
not true, mostly I've been playing the mobile One Piece game
, so I basically lost track of everything.

Are there some good - as in "future of PC gaming" and such - talks to look forward during the GDC?

also how are you all guys? I miss this thread so much, but I'm barely able to juggle between my RL things :'(

PARANO1A

ModBot said:
Instructions for PARANO1A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-B3A0867A61878FFF - Taken by GaussTek. 7 entrants total.
Solar Struggle -- MB-5B71C0B3B6098398 - Taken by bobnowhere. 7 entrants total.

t1425343809z1.png
Yay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom