• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Can someone please help me out here. Feeling really stupid with this one :(

I wish the game would let you save state with a puzzle so you could come back to it later and continue from where you left off.

I'm probably very late with this but 3 at the bottom in -2- column is you guy, one of those hexes has to be blue, so all that row is black, except for hexes around 3

I wish the game would let you save state with a puzzle so you could come back to it later and continue from where you left off.

The -2- row with the 3-3-1 at the bottom

you already have one blue in that row, so the bottom part can only have one, and the 1 must have one. The two 3as can't overlap (edit: they can, since these are just regular, not {3}, my bad), because then 1 would lack a blue. Look there.

milena87

At the bottom right you have a 2, so you know that a blue has to be in one of the two adjacent hexes. But you also know that in that colum you only have 4 blue hexes total.

so you have a blue one right above the two hexes adjacent to the 2.

Vlad

Yeah, Infinite does add that feature, and it's really something they should have patched into the first two games. It's not really necessary in the first game, but there were several times in Plus where I'd take a screenshot of a level I was working on, so I could re-do it later on, since I was sick of picking away at it at that moment.

As for your current dilemma:
Take a look at the black 3 cell at the bottom of the fourth column from the left (the one with the -2- above it). There's only four yellow cells around the 3, and since there can only be one more blue cell in the -2- column, you can use that to determine that the two cells to the right of the black 3 are blues, and all of the other cells in the -2- column are black, since the remaining blue in that column has to be the third one around the black 3.

Chariot

JuaYzgH.png

Left: The shared field of the threes has to be blue, because you can't have the respective three fields on the sides because of the 1. From that you can fill the whole column with black tiles.

Right: Only one of the two left tiles is blue, because the 2 has already one above it. so the tile above them has to be blue because there are 4 blue tiles in the column.

Is what I would say. I could be wrong tho.

edit: Don't hear what the others say, I made a picture!!

Jawmuncher

So who was it in here that transferred a 3DS to a new 3DS and it deleted some stuff?
Anything in Particular I should be doing here?

dex3108

Importing assets in UE4 is really easy :D Few models i made for CryEngine worked without issues. Yeap i see more UE4 reading in my future :D

Cth

Bah.

Is GOG working for anyone else? Was going to get Sudeki for my wife but it just sits there in the cart and won't let me checkout. (there's no more copies as I write this obviously)

EDIT:
Just tried with Chrome and it worked, so guess I'll do that instead :D

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I knew I was probably going to love Firewatch, but the new dialog heard in IGN's 17 minutes of footage helped seal the deal. Feels like the characters are taking a forefront. Toss in some Eidolon-style triangulation navigation and whatever potential survival mechanics (surely there's a reason they let you take items for use later?) they might have and I think this might be the Walking Sim™ that appeals as much to those who love them as to those who criticize them.

Maniac

Banned
I don't get firewatch. That game looks boring

I'm intrigued. The visuals look really good, the writing is solid and the voice-acting and choice-based dialogue seems to be better than any I've ever seen. And ofcourse there's the whole mystery-aspect which I like.
Oh man, 3D Realms' new game...
It's Guardian of Light via Duke Nukem.

It's been in-dev at Interceptor for a while. As in before they even outright bought 3DR. I'm... Intrigued.

zkylon

zkylewd
what's with teh avatars

took so much work to getting this one right :<

update on our progress in world domination
Now we are number 16 in the world and
some of your gamescores are insane! keep it up
we need more members (here is the post on how to join):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153890627&postcount=15284

If you don't much care about that stuff, you still should join, because of reasons! ;)

edited: Stallion, you of all people really should join

this shit doesn't even count league of legends skins

Turfster

Jesus...
Okay, uh, we seem to have skipped some stuff I was actually interested in (well done GOG, you did it again, guy can't even go eat any more)
Current GOG games:
  • ThunderscapeRiven
  • Braveland WizardCapsized

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare -- MB-64AE3A2416794CA2 - Taken by RedFyn
X-note -- MB-9E11F9D51716C81A - Taken by Milamber. 11 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution: Duality - Inception Part 2 -- MB-F6CC4E9BC2EF30E4 - Taken by Akuosa. 2 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror -- MB-463AEF40BC1C3E7A - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Solar Struggle -- MB-E8CFBCB212C042B8 - Taken by jshackles. 2 entrants total.

t1425326828z1.png

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
I have a quick question to you guys... As I mentioned last week we gave submitting some TF2 workshop items a shot a few weeks ago. Now one of my partners got an offer from someone who wants to promote our items (it seems he's admin on some servers and wants to promote the items there) and wants part of the revenue split for it.Like I mentioned we are pretty new to this and I don't know if this is something we should consider... What do you guys think? Maybe some people who play TF2 could tell me how this promotion of his would work or could point me in the right direction? thx!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wow, turd week for turd bundles. Mediocre Groupees offerings, nothing going on BundleStars, Humble taking a main bundle break, Indie-Gala Dragon bundle is passable, almost nothing on Steam weekly offerings (although I'm guessing Squishy is actually a profitable buy given that it's $0.14 and it has cards).

Hopefully GOG Insomnia has some of the LucasArts stuff!

IndieGala Every Monday bundle

X-note (STEAM) + TRADING CARDS
Master Reboot (STEAM) + TRADING CARDS
Solar Struggle (STEAM) + TRADING CARDS
Secrets of Rætikon (STEAM)
Depths of Peril (STEAM)
King Arthur's Gold (STEAM)
Good bundle. King Arthur looks interesting. Despite visual similarities to Terraria it is more of a strategic teamgame.
Holy shit Unreal Engine 4 is free from now :O

https://www.unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Awesome! Now the only thing left is learning to program, sketch, model, design... eh, I think I get better start right now :p
3k, not 30k.
How does this compare to say Unity or CryEngine?
New GOG game: Blocks that matter
What do you mean by new game? Is GOG having a sale or are the games you post available there for the first time?
Their last several bundles have been pretty nice so I am kinda sad.
Dear SteamGAF,

I'm moving to London in two weeks,...
Wish you best of luck in the big city!

Turfster

What do you mean by new game? Is GOG having a sale or are the games you post available there for the first time?
They're doing another Insomnia sale, limited numbers of games in two different rotations this time.
Basically, you have anywhere between 5 minutes and an hour depending on the game.

New GOG Games:
  • Vangers
  • Shadows Heretic Kingdoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom