• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're doing another Insomnia sale, limited numbers of games in two different rotations this time.
Basically, you have anywhere between 5 minutes and an hour depending on the game.
Ah, ok. Thanks. Interesting way.

On a related note, are developers allowed to give a steam key to buyers of their games via GOG or does Valve restrict that? I ask because I read here that Steam key generation is free for devs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, ok. Thanks. Interesting way.

On a related note, are developers allowed to give a steam key to buyers of their games via GOG or does Valve restrict that? I ask because I read here that Steam key generation is free for devs.

Devs can give keys to anybody, but using them to incentivise Greenlight votes is discouraged.

Race Against The Sun is the only one.
Woah. That is way more disappointing than expected.

I can't bring myself to spend money across various services. If games on GOG would give steam keys as well, I would buy much much more there. Alas, I will just watch.
No. GOG does have a key distribution system since a few games require them, but it's limited to such games and isn't something devs can use to distribute Steam keys. If you own a game on GOG and want the Steam version, you have to contact the dev.
That's even more lame :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cool. So if even I came up with the idea there must be some games on GOG which give Steam keys as well?!

No. GOG does have a key distribution system since a few games require them, but it's limited to such games and isn't something devs can use to distribute Steam keys (edit: unless the keys are whitelisted at Valve's end, as is the case with Race the Sun and I think ARMA 2). If you own a game on GOG and want the Steam version, you have to contact the dev, basically.

louiedog

googles bombshell

sees main character design

idunnowhatiwasexpecting.gif

oh gaming industry

Were you looking at today's trailer or stuff from last year's reveal?

It seems like maybe they listened to some feedback. Though it could be a different part of the game.

Old:
4j9J67T.jpg

New:
76acba3b3f.jpg

The the crap is going on on GOG today? I go to sleep and wake up and it seems like it's some crazy flash sale, but the site doesn't load at all for me!

See my edit. Steam-friendly keys are a thing but it's exceedingly rare as it's not exactly something CDPR actively allows.
Shame. I really do enjoy the community features Steam offers. And while it is senseless and probably laziness on my part, I have the need to have everything on one place.

Also, how did you learn so much about all these services. Not only the obvious user things but behind the scenes knowledge like key generation methods, regulations etc?

dex3108

Unreal Engine 4 is up and running :D I already learned first thing (how to import assets) :D

Try it SteamGAF it is not game but some of you could have fun messing around.

P.S. We should ask Epic to put it on Steam for JaseC to get that +1 :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One of the best parts about the Clayfighter remaster is that my pristine cartridge of Sculptor's Cut is hopefully gonna go up in value. Not that I'd ever sell it.

Unreal Engine 4 is up and running :D I already learned first thing (how to import assets) :D

Try it SteamGAF it is not game but some of you could have fun messing around.

P.S. We should ask Epic to put it on Steam for JaseC to get that +1 :D

It is really fun but apparently you need to get the git version to get x86 support for android. Maybe getting an intel tablet was a bad choice.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No, but Asscrud is going so slowly only the Fresh GOG deal updated =p

The GOG "Insomnia Sale" tactic would be a lot better if the price went down like $0.10 every minute it was up.

Jawmuncher

Interplay disappoints me. Not that they're making a new Clay Fighter.
But that they still haven't brought over the best Baldur Gates games to PC.
Dark Alliance are still the most fun dungeon loot games I have ever played.

sorry if old but found this regarding the MGS announcement ^_^

11050303_10205223838548478_9118943012844019646_o.jpg

So it's going to be a release date reveal?
I'm still betting on June or early fall. MGS is big but I know Konami will still want it to be unopposed.

jshackles

Word.

giphy.gif

Terra_Ex

The best Baldur's Gate games have always been on PC, I've never read such sacrilege on SteamGAF. I'll need to lie down for a while.
I did enjoy playing the Dark Alliance games in co-op.

jshackles

This one's been pretty speedy so far, the only thing that stuck around for a long time was Another World.

True, I just thought a sort of "reverse auction" would be interesting - a limited number of copies are available, everything starts at 50% off, and the price decreases by $0.10 each minute.

In addition to being a lot of fun ("Do I get this now, or do I wait and hope they don't run out") it would also give GOG/Developers a lot of insight as to what people are willing to pay for their games.

If nobody wanted stuff even at super cheap, it would eventually be free although I doubt it would go that far down before they all got snatched up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom