• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

The thirst is real

And of course that happens right after I decide to buy the bundle myself.

So have another go at it.
All credit goes to Rockin' Ranger.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witness -- MB-A2DF10838418FCC3 - Taken by wetflame. 51 entrants total.

t1487121888z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man nights of azure's music is good

curious to hear your updates as you play. That game ended up being a lot like FFXIII for me, they are nothing alike, but they are both games I really enjoyed and im not even sure why, nor would I necessarely defend them. /shrug

JCG

Man, I wish the Humble Freedom bundle would last longer than 6 days.

Not sure if I'll get over my currently temporary cash shortage by then.

Phawx

AMD might actually have a chance at gaining in the CPU market. Can't believe Intel missed 10nm. This is going to be interesting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nah

already own it

and would Humble do that to its loyal buyers who just now received it from the Freedom Bundle? Nevah.

Stardew Valley proves they dont give 2 fucks if you already got it from their bundles

Dinjoralo

Playing through Atelier Sophie... I feel like the story is moving faster than I am. I keep unlocking new areas and I can't explore them because I can't even make better weapons or get any armor!!

Wok

What if Stephen's Sausage Roll is an addition to the Freedom bundle?

Believe until the verdict tomorrow.

Rhaknar

project cars too i think, showed up in namco bandai right after being in a monthly

yeah that too. im not sure if the reverse has happened tho (a game showing up on a monthly that had been in a normal humble bundle)

I hope it doesnt happen tho. Fuck all of you that didnt buy the $30 bundle, dont give me repeats monthly! :3

Wok

yeah that too. im not sure if the reverse has happened tho (a game showing up on a monthly that had been in a normal humble bundle)

I hope it doesnt happen tho. Fuck all of you that didnt buy the $30 bundle, dont give me repeats monthly! :3

The fact that Subnautica was not restocked proves that Humble cares.

Why would they restock a game which is going to appear in the next Monthly?

Checkmate!
Believe!

Wok

Well on a long enough timeline every indie game ends up in the 1 dollar tier of a bundle.

The only relevant question is: will I still be both willing & able to play the game I want when it appears as 💩 in a Modbot giveaway?

This is actually one of the good aspects of being immortal: you get every game for free if you wait long enough. And you always have the best gaming setup for your games.

derFeef

I decided to delete a lot of my installed library and start finishing games so I can move on to some newer stuff. It's a good motiviation - having less games installed, honestly. I can only recommend it.
I already managed to play 3 more levels of DOOM but I kinda want it to end already. I think I have a few more levels to go. It's good, but overstays it's welcome. I am playing on Ultra Violence and my dying rate is okay, I think it's the right way to play that game.

After finishing this I am going to tackle RE7 finally.

I remember The Witness being generally considered a disappointment when reviews first hit... it wasn't until recently that I saw people highly praising it. Seems like it did a 180 or something in the "public consciousness", or am I remembering things wrong?

Teggy

Well I have finished Dinosaur Crisis 1: The Game. Of course there was one stupid puzzle at the end I had to look up
you had to push the cabinet out of the way, come on
and I also looked up how to beat the "final boss" because I couldn't figure out what the game was trying to tell me to do. Watched the canon ending on YouTube.

It's a PS1 game with tank controls so didn't age that great, but I managed. I think it suffered a bit by pretty much repeating the same puzzles from the first half of the game in the second half.

I remember The Witness being generally considered a disappointment when reviews first hit... it wasn't until recently that I saw people highly praising it. Seems like it did a 180 or something in the "public consciousness", or am I remembering things wrong?

I think people were turned off by the price, but reviews were very positive.

Wok

You are misremembering. Or I am.

Endruen

Geez, the universe really wants me to have World of Goo, doesn't it?
z6EXOfq.png

I'll give them away again with some extra keys from previous bundles.

Jawmuncher

Well I have finished Dinosaur Crisis 1: The Game. Of course there was one stupid puzzle at the end I had to look up
you had to push the cabinet out of the way, come on
and I also looked up how to beat the "final boss" because I couldn't figure out what the game was trying to tell me to do. Watched the canon ending on YouTube.

It's a PS1 game with tank controls so didn't age that great, but I managed. I think it suffered a bit by pretty much repeating the same puzzles from the first half of the game in the second half.

I think people were turned off by the price, but reviews were very positive.

Technically there is no canon ending.
At least it seems you enjoyed it for the most part.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
But Jaw, is the Dino Crisis Chinese comic cannon?

More people getting over the initial shock of what it wasn't, and learning to appreciate it for what it was the more time they spent with it or were informed before getting it of what you would be doing all the time in it.

It went away quickly though.

zkylon

zkylewd
It was cake farting wasn't it?
that's not a thing is it?

Yeah, it's not "bad" per se, after all, the clicker gameplay loop is pretty compelling. I put a decent number of hours into it but I got tired of grinding for the last achievements. But HuniePop was legitimately brilliant and I really had hopes they could do something as good and subversive in the management genre and they really didn't even try to. I'm hoping they are working on HuniePop 2 now.

wait

how was huniepop brilliant

i'm genuinely curious, haven't played it myself after i heard the bitchy dialogue is like a tiny part of the game

I remember it the other way round. People praised it at first, then the negative reviews came in saying "it's the same type of puzzle over and over." Maybe now the pendulum has swung back as people realize that there are plenty of games which feature the same type of puzzle over and over and there's nothing wrong with that.

how was huniepop brilliant

Good match-3 mechanics. Waifus are a nice bonus.

Durante

I don't read reviews, but I've been praising it since shortly after its release. It's fantastic.

Ascheroth

Hm, I'll probably start again in Free Mode in Subnautica.
No way I can survive in Survival Mode when I can't even find or make myself some water, much less food.

Endruen

Here's the giveaway as promised.
I hope I don't win any other World of Goo key.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade -- MB-8ACB020B220AE476 - Taken by CheDominik. 11 entrants total.
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition -- MB-9785832077391FBC - Taken by 73V3N. 3 entrants total.
DiRT 3 Complete Edition -- MB-B10FFAC05B884DCE
Remember to activate it before the 10th of April
World of Goo -- MB-3E9F313739392026
Thanks to Rockin' Ranger for this key. He asked not to receive any thanks, so do as you please
World of Goo -- MB-D7833EF7BBC17CCB
Thanks to Teggy for this key. Send thanks to him if you win

t1487125626z1.png

Rhaknar

Most people and reviewers in general were metaphorically jizzing over that game on release so you are 100% misremembering.

Some people flipped out because "How dare an indie puzzle game cost $40" but it was always amazing. The game is incredibly well designed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The game was well-received; the announcement of the USD$40 price, on the other hand, not so much.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StrawberryJam, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-742BA80F291F7505 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks. 4 entrants total.
Invisible, Inc. -- MB-26D50C523ED4A068 - Taken by fspm. 17 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-A5E513E42FAADC3B - Taken by Hereafter. 22 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-5F9186570D9B1515 - Taken by GERGiEV. 2 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-2C9ACEA85055CEF5
The Swapper -- MB-9610DF73FCE77B91 - Taken by MiniTaurus. 1 entrants total.

t1487126180z1.png

Just some games I already had from the Humble Freedom Bundle.

zkylon

zkylewd
the apocalypse now kickstarter is now asking people to donate on their own site instead

i think i'm gonna take a step back and wait and see how it pans out

i love everything about the idea but i wish there was an existing dev team they could show to give people confidence that they can do it

Sarcasm

Hm, I'll probably start again in Free Mode in Subnautica.
No way I can survive in Survival Mode when I can't even find or make myself some water, much less food.

You can make water right near your base with the air sack fish. Than some fruit/veggies give it to you. But yes Survival in sub is kinda pointless, even though I always play in it.

Could be terrible like other games though where you need to eat 50 steaks or move 200m and drink like you haven't for two days. While being "cold" or "hot" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom