• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is Clannad worth it at that price? Does it set the bar for VNs?

2d0ec70c30448f21958d196f5a9cb81c.png

Yes.

It may not seem like it at first, but it's very good and quite lengthy.

I won't say too much, but the OST is amazing (don't read the video comments).

Town, Flow of Time, People
Farewell at the Foot of a Hill
Snowfield
Roaring Tides II

Blu(e)

Man I would've bought the Freedom bundle earlier if I knew they would run out of keys for some of the games. Real bummer.

dex3108

45K For Honor players right now on Steam. Add to that at least half of that on UPlay only and i would say that game is having good launch.

PaulSane

My Logitech gamepad just died, so this was the perfect time to finally try one of the rumored XBox controllers, went with the XBox 360 wired. I like it quite a lot so far (after several hours of use), the only thing that's kinda bothering me is D-pad which i find pretty clunky.

Finished Tales of Berseria, which i liked a lot - haven't played Tales games in a long time, and this was a very good time to jump back into this series it seems. Took me 129 hours, but there are still some things left to do to get a 100% completion, but i'll leave those for a future NG+ run.
Slowly making my way through Atelier Sophie on Despair difficulty, it's a stressful and relaxing experience at the same time :) But i like it better this way - synthesizing best possible items actually gives you a chance to win some tough battles instead of just being the case of "you destroy enemies a bit faster" on lower difficulties.

Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force is releasing in a couple of hours, here is a link to my small writeup of this game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also, he doesn't want for Valve to stop adding new games (as far as I understood), he just wants them to test them before adding them to the store. So that the things like bloody missing executable stop happening.

This actually already happens as part of the release approval process. The "issue" is that there's no similar system for patches, so there's no safeguard in place to prevent a stuff-up later down the track.

Tizoc

They keep saying to expect news, but also keep pushing this news back. Just say something meaningful, dammit!

So... is For Honor good? I might end up picking it up along the line.

Yup, Their Twitter PR guy isn't doing a good job of conveying stuff.

im at 21 now, doing the post game / true ending stuff. ts weird because it takes you to right before the last boss, but except you going directly to it like normal, it sends you back for more quests and shit... why the fuck isnt this part of the main game I have no idea.

Its like a lost chapter DLC, except its not DLC, its post game semi "NG+" stuff.

edit: dat double post

Hm, figured it'd be longer, glad to know it doesn't require a huge time commitment. Thanks.

Battlechili

Banned
Have fun
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Battlechili1, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-B13F8847C817B14D - Taken by fspm. 3 entrants total.
ARCADE GAME SERIES 3-in-1 Pack -- MB-97DF57A18083CA82 - Taken by Knurek. 3 entrants total.
Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders -- MB-5ECD47CC2CE98F5A - Taken by NeoRaider. 5 entrants total.
Attractio -- MB-6FE7E791CEABF701 - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-B13A18CEA0452A53 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.
Devil Daggers -- MB-82649B21D89FDDBD - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.
Elegy for a Dead World -- MB-106D92484FEC9C5E - Taken by Wok. 1 entrants total.
INK -- MB-C528A9A5720868F9 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 2 entrants total.
PAC-MAN 256 -- MB-3C4E4AF64999CE6A - Taken by PandaPedinte. 1 entrants total.
Project CARS -- MB-DEF77D5864545A38 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 4 entrants total.
Project CARS On-Demand Pack -- MB-6C9203166B82C6F5 - Taken by SunDimension24. 6 entrants total.
Punch Club -- MB-041ED988626A9939 - Taken by Large Professor. 1 entrants total.
Road to Ballhalla -- MB-91C278BDFE274431 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-6C58A8E9BC23BCA5 - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.
Uncanny Valley -- MB-CF8A3442CEFCCD6E - Taken by FoneBone. 3 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade -- MB-86143B6C5C1D5C96 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 2 entrants total.

t1487104696z1.png

Wok

Are you not into neoretro games? Because as far as I'm concerned River City Ransom Underground (releasing feb 27th) is the biggest indie release of the month.

Not too much, it is mostly because I am ignorant about this title though. I have seen the name in this thread and don't know much more.

Also, I try to stick to my new year's resolution.

KarmaCow

I'm confused, how are people using idlemaster to get mass card drops? As in the exact steps because maybe I'm just dumb but seemingly every permutation of settings doesn't work. I've tried idling all games, waiting for games to be over 2 hours, idling individual games, skipping through games quickly or slowly, doing it while offline or online, or even doing it manually doesn't result in card drops with any sort of regularity much less at a higher frequency.

Wok

I'm confused, how are people using idlemaster to get mass card drops? As in the exact steps because maybe I'm just dumb but seemingly every permutation of settings doesn't work. I've tried idling all games, waiting for games to be over 2 hours, idling individual games, skipping through games quickly or slowly, doing it while offline or online, or even doing it manually doesn't result in card drops with any sort of regularity much less at a higher frequency.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215927103&postcount=1625

Also, sometimes it just does not work and you have to try again a few hours later.

Aaron D.

Is Clannad worth it at that price? Does it set the bar for VNs?

I'm debating this one too.

I understand that Clannad is supposed to be a landmark early VN. Epic in length too.

There's a couple other VNs I'd want more (Morgana and Danganronpa), but man that price is good for a genre that rarely sees sales.

So tempted.

Knurek

I'm debating this one too.

I understand that Clannad is supposed to be a landmark early VN. Epic in length too.

There's a couple other VNs I'd want more (Morgana and Danganronpa), but man that price is good for a genre that rarely sees sales.

So tempted.

Start with Fata Morgana.

Ascheroth

Huh, there are a few games that are now 'sold out for new customers' in the Freedom Bundle.
-Subnautica
-Nuclear Throne
-Super Meat Boy (only Steam keys, DRM-free still there)
-No Time to Explain Remastered
-Monster Loves You!
-Streamline

73V3N

Banned
Huh, there are a few games that are now 'sold out for new customers' in the Freedom Bundle.
-Subnautica
-Nuclear Throne
-Monster Loves You!
-Streamline

That means you won't get keys for those as soon as you buy?

Teppic

Idle all for 2 hours first, then skip through (not too fast). If you haven't refunded a game or haven't refunded one for a long time you don't need to idle all for 2 hours.

Blu(e)

Another anime game hits steam.

10% off and free DLC

As an early purchase bonus, the Exclusive Costumes DLC will be available for free for limited time.
You will be able to download Exclusive Costumes DLC from February 21st. Don't miss it!

Exclusive Costumes includes;
- Schierke Costume: Pirate
- Guts Costume: White Swordsman
- Griffith Costume: Golden Hawk
- Shierke Costume: Blue stripe
- Griffith Costume: Black Hawk
- Guts Costume: Golden Swordsman

Is there a set embargo for Torment yet? So excited for that game and really hoping it manages to live up to the legacy of Planescape even partially.

dex3108

So based on this quote

114k on PC so far.. yup this game will have a lasting community for a while.. even with only 20k.

it looks like that more people bought UPlay version of For Honor (if i did math it is 60% vs 40%). That is interesting to see.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Rockin' Ranger, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 35 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

12 is Better Than 6 -- MB-67395231016B8637 - Taken by yoshizzle. 11 entrants total.
2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-11FE7DB4CC78A800 - Taken by dot. 9 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps -- MB-85AB92ACB063D58D - Taken by Hektor. 3 entrants total.
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-4C2BAF032694FB7F
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-81168E5A729756EB - Taken by White Wolf. 3 entrants total.
CASE: Animatronics -- MB-FABBF9BD20B18EFF - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Contrast -- MB-B3D0F39B58C51A40 - Taken by illusionary. 12 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle -- MB-57383154FAC994FB - Taken by thesaucetastic. 5 entrants total.
Dungelot: Shattered Lands -- MB-5CC990C5766F7AA5 - Taken by claytonlee101. 4 entrants total.
Girls Like Robots -- MB-8AA8D236345D830F - Taken by MaxiLive. 2 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-47D29D1F1E1FFCDC - Taken by 73V3N. 2 entrants total.
I am Bread -- MB-83A6D056D32B279B - Taken by Last Baron. 7 entrants total.
Invisible, Inc. -- MB-58E49E97A35C17A9 - Taken by Cels. 28 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-9FD7C3CD75F49108 - Taken by Accoun. 11 entrants total.

Monster Loves You -- MB-61CEEA806BF3893D - Taken by claytonlee101. 6 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-920E1B11798B2FA2 - Taken by Ludens. 4 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-96ED7C8CFDC24CDA - Taken by Tall4Life. 1 entrants total.
Nuclear Throne -- MB-7E124F3105DA2627 - Taken by Madn. 22 entrants total.
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-2B61D6CD2477B13A - Taken by rostocker. 4 entrants total.
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-A790C06EA39A2E9F - Taken by Abomination. 5 entrants total.
Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-ADCFAAAB4EC14135
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-A3C545FB761FB936
Spirits -- MB-0640358F6A020712 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 4 entrants total.
Sproggiwood -- MB-FDE5C7CE862CA235 - Taken by Catshade. 11 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-ABA4DCAFA777E1DC - Taken by Zeknurn. 29 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-E1AC4163ECDE8919
Super Meat Boy -- MB-B7B29A0CB9F535A3
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-5B686B47DCAAA0D9 - Taken by Jalal. 2 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-DD2ED5948B9AB1EF - Taken by Naked Snake. 4 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-534BE065A3F37E20 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 2 entrants total.
The Witness -- MB-A2DF10838418FCC3 - Taken by wetflame. 51 entrants total. - Taken by Ascheroth. 67 entrants total.
Thirty Flights of Loving -- MB-FF3656468BDDBC1B - Taken by Dessart. 6 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-442845484BE8144E
Waking Mars -- MB-5D68CD2D57B23D07
World of Goo -- MB-3E9F313739392026 - Taken by Endruen. 2 entrants total.

t1487110103z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
-Subnautica
-Nuclear Throne
-Monster Loves You!
-Streamline

I feared this and thats why I stopped hesitating and bought it yesterday. I thought Witness would be the first tho.

-Subnautica
-Nuclear Throne
-Monster Loves You!
-Streamline

That's really disappointing. Was about to buy and was looking forward to Subnautica. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom