• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
got a little further on persona 4 and finally something interesting happened. i was nearing the end of my patience, p4 is a lot more low key than 3 and i'm not a big fan of that

here's hoping the big third act starts already, this second act lasted too long

The Witness has
hour long
puzzle where you
do nothing
? Really?
there's stuff to do in that time

some really amazing stuff if i may say so

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Ryse Son of Rome -- MB-568BCDBCE6634B99 - Taken by Scrooge McDuck. 12 entrants total.

t1486304190z1.png

Vastag

Pretty sure Ghostlight asked Atlus a long time ago if there was interest in getting SMT on steam. The guy who posts here let it out in some podcast. That said Deep Silver is considerably bigger so maybe they would be more willing to listen.

I would like to know their though process for not wanting ports on PC. Seems like they would have a good enough reception on steam.

Kiru

It's my birthday today, so rather than let the existential dread about my inevitable demise along with the inevitable heat death of the universe and knowledge that all mankind's endeavours are futile and irrelevant on a long enough time scale set in, I'm going to fill that void through video games. Or at least giving some away.

Happy Birthday! :)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Uzzy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dishonored 2 -- MB-CF5BC925C979732E - Taken by hannes. 118 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil 7 -- MB-0F4A786E8C2D34E1 - Taken by Vuze. 100 entrants total.
Deus Ex Mankind Divided -- MB-76A5C1216B1EE15D - Taken by Cels. 87 entrants total.

t1486340322z1.png

fantomena

Can someone tell me the diffrent between the version of Six Siege? Considering buying it.

THere is the game itself, Year 2 Gold Edition and Complete Edition.

Edit: Scractch that. It's desribed fine on the store page.

Edit 2: What are agents and operators?

me0wish

Can someone tell me the diffrent between the version of Six Siege? Considering buying it.

THere is the game itself, Year 2 Gold Edition and Complete Edition.

Edit: Scractch that. It's desribed fine on the store page.

Playable characters, you unlock them using in game currency, or by buying them with the season pass. Season pass characters are much more expensive to unlock using in game currency.

Vastag

You can select diifferent soldiers with different abilities. You have to unlock them with in-game experience. The basic ones are cheap to unlock, but the ones that they release during each season require more grind (more that a 100 matches for each one). The different season passes unlock those pricey operators.

neoemonk

It's Jase's birthday? One of the first regular posters I recognized in the Steam thread. Happy birthday! And on Super Bowl Sunday no less!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I finally cracked open Risen 3 and I'm really liking it so far. I loved Risen 1 and liked 2 a lot so I'm not sure why I waited so long on this one. I think the unlimited inventory space by default is a brilliant move. R1 and 2 were like that as well right?

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Defend Your Life -- MB-18B373D41C77E7A0 - Taken by Purkake4
Strategy & Tactics: Wargame Collection -- MB-B6D541946391082B - Taken by Jadax
Tick Tock Isle -- MB-340DD2621E62AB38 - Taken by Nzyme32

Do any of you know of a good budget convertible tablet/laptop? (it's not for me and also not for gaming).

Lenovo Miix are quite nice. There are also some other chinese one from chuwi, but before I had my surface, I used the Miix300 a lot and liked it. Also runs some 2d indiegames.

Nillansan

I remember reading a thread where somebody said the head of Atlus was ideologically opposed to putting anything on PC. IIRC it was something like, he only considered PC good for Hentai games and thus did not want the association. It could be BS though.

Right, that rings a bell, I can't really find anything substantial on the matter though.

Atlus Japan seems still trapped in their thinking that releasing games on Steam will hurt their Japanese sales due to reverse import. This was pretty much shown by their usage of region locking on P4A because that game was released with dual audio (CMIIW). Furthermore, reverse import is impractical as shit considering there's huge gap between Japanese and English release, which makes a conspiracy theorist in mine thinking that this is deliberate attempt so there's no room for their Japanese sell to be undermined by marginally cheaper English release. It is very outdated thinking, and with the shrinking Japanese market, they wouldn't last long because they themselves doesn't have presence on Asia market like some companies that include their parent company, Sega.

That's interesting and hopefully they'll come around sooner rather than later and employ more forward thinking business strategies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I finally cracked open Risen 3 and I'm really liking it so far. I loved Risen 1 and liked 2 a lot so I'm not sure why I waited so long on this one. I think the unlimited inventory space by default is a brilliant move. R1 and 2 were like that as well right?

The tutorial island and the next one you go to (Antigua) are a bit flat (and in the case of Antigua, reused from Risen 2). The game comes into it's own once you go off to the three main islands after that. Just a tip in case you get bored at the start.

Grief.exe

I was messing around with the settings on my monitor and I set the gamma mode to gaming. Colors are now so pronounced, everything seems strange.

Tonton

Hello steamgaf I finally got my account approved and this is probably where i spent most of my lurking time so I wanted to get myself out here first and do a little giveaway, enjoy

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tonton, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

t1cxE6r.gif
Mordheim City of the Damned -- MB-4D639B36F0A13512 - Taken by Zeeman
Flame in the Flood -- MB-EF3D5046C731C819 - Taken by Grief.exe
Minion Masters -- MB-807A1603647D2627 - Taken by Loptous
Rust -- MB-D459DD68E624987D - Taken by alr1ght
The Escapists -- MB-8097FE713F537299 - Taken by Shalashaska
Western Press -- MB-75B5567E04CB9E2B - Taken by spindoctor
Western Press Mk Cans II Character DLC -- MB-CFF18262166AA4ED
xWBm0BY.png
Assassin's Creed (uPlay) -- MB-4E07DE40D72116E4 - Taken by Drillow

Looking to get into a Total War game. It's the Warhammer one in the humble monthly a good start? I know nothing about the universe but the videos I've made it seem interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom