• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

barber

moved to a new student apartment and it has 50 mbs connection... soooo good (previously at 1mbs >.< )!!
been playing some ck2 lately... godammit paradox why you always make me play your games and have so much fun!

Edit : welcome tonton! hope you like it here!

etrain911

Hey SteamGAF! I was wondering if any of you had any good recommendations for games that are similar to Picross 3D. Whenever I google it, I only find good Picross replacements and I figure that Steam is a wide enough world where there has to be something.

Jawmuncher

Hello steamgaf I finally got my account approved and this is probably where i spent most of my lurking time so I wanted to get myself out here first and do a little giveaway, enjoy

tumblr_inline_ojpno0pByV1tai3hc_540.png

Just realised that we're two days away from the release date of the physical release of The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, surely that means episode 3 will be coming out any day now.

dex3108

Aaaand The Witness is finished, all puzzles solved, around 80-85% puzzles i solved by myself and rest i looked up on the internet. Really nice puzzle game with beautiful world and level design. To be honest i didn't follow the "story" and ending is kinda sad from my perspective. All in all if you like puzzles play The Witness.

C36orMKWYAIDkHk.jpg:large

Teeth

Aaaand The Witness is finished, all puzzles solved, around 80-85% puzzles i solved by myself and rest i looked up on the internet. Really nice puzzle game with beautiful world and level design. To be honest i didn't follow the "story" and ending is kinda sad from my perspective. All in all if you like puzzles play The Witness.

C36orMKWYAIDkHk.jpg:large

Is the big twist that you have been playing as Sid Vicious all along?

Denuvo emails leaked, Team Ninja and Rockstar listed.

So, RDR2 and NiOh I'm assuming.

> 'name' => 'Dominic Matthews',
> 'email' => 'dominic.matthews@ninjatheory.com',
> 'phone' => '+44 (0) 1223 460 080',
> 'message' => 'Hi, my name is Dom and I'm interested in discussing your solution for our upcoming digital title Hellblade.

Ninja Theory, not Team Ninja

Quite a bit of difference between Hellblade and Nioh.

Teeth

Well there is no twist but ending could disappoint many. It is like the rest of the game, it is left to the player to interpret it.

The Witness strikes me as a game that is mostly gameplay for gameplay's sake. Does it build some sort of mystery that it never pays off? The only story snippets I've seen seem to just be Jon Blow philosophizing on the nature learning and knowledge, rather than creating some sort of lore or anything.

But I haven't played it, so this is just guess...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Haha, well, when it is actually my birthday, I'll be turning 2... times 10 plus 9.

Hello steamgaf I finally got my account approved and this is probably where i spent most of my lurking time so I wanted to get myself out here first and do a little giveaway, enjoy

Welcome. It's a shame your brother, Tintin, never made it on to the Steam Store.

Denuvo's not having a good week huh

Or even a good day. In addition to the e-mail leak, Battlefield 1 was cracked just some hours ago, too.

dex3108

The Witness strikes me as a game that is mostly gameplay for gameplay's sake. Does it build some sort of mystery that it never pays off? The only story snippets I've seen seem to just be Jon Blow philosophizing on the nature learning and knowledge, rather than creating some sort of lore or anything.

But I haven't played it, so this is just guess...

It is gameplay (in this case puzzle) focused game. There is no grand story but island is mysterious. In the end if you listen all or majority of audio logs that are main way of telling the story you will kinda understand what game is about. In the end i will recommend everybody to play The Witness for the puzzles alone and not to think about why or how. That is as far as i can go without spoiling anything :D

Kudo

Might as well be, some people might say that it is the best campaign in a Battlefield game in recent years, but:

1. That is as low bar as you can get
2. It's still really, really boring and bad

You'll probably have to search hard for people that play the games only for their single-player.

I never knew there was a Blair Witch game on the PC long ago.

809.jpg

Kinda wanna play it lol. I imagine if they did this now, it'd be an Outlast clone.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut purchased. Can't remember ever finishing it on 360 but I LOVED Mankind Divided

Yesss I remember this shit so much

(iirc) the main protagonist was from another survival horror game named Nocturne and the only reason I can remember he is dual wields .45s and the two blair witch games weren't awful.

God I really want Nocturne and those two other games to be on GoG and Steam really fucking bad and I want the original SiN to get back on Steam as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yesss I remember this shit so much

(iirc) the main protagonist was from another survival horror game named Nocturne and the only reason I can remember he is dual wields .45s and the two blair witch games weren't awful.

God I really want Nocturne and those two other games to be on GoG and Steam really fucking bad and I want the original SiN to get back on Steam as well.

SiN hasn't gone anywhere. You have to buy SiN Episodes to get it, but this has always been the case. The GOG version is uncensored and includes the expansion pack, though, which makes it the definitive version by far.

Finally finished Valkyria Chronicles.

Boy, it almost went full anime there in the end.

Also, the blame being laid on
Faldio
is so ridiculous, dude saved everyone - TWO TIMES.

YIKES. So that new game "A House of Many Doors" that just came out?

Do *not* install it on anything other than the C: drive. Why, no reason, only that it apparently can delete random files from whatever drive it's on if it's on something other than C:. Some guy lost his whole Origin library, then it began deleting other Steam games.

From the dev: "Hello, all. If you are reading this and have HOMD installed in your C: drive, don't worry - the following issue doesn't affect you. I recommend that anyone downloading the game for the first time save it in the C: drive.

However, if your game is installed in another drive, please take note. Some users have reported that when A House of Many Doors is installed outside the C: drive, there may be deletion of other files, including but not limited to other Steam games."

That's one *hell* of a bug.

YIKES. So that new game "A House of Many Doors" that just came out?

Do *not* install it on anything other than the C: drive. Why, no reason, only that it apparently can delete random files from whatever drive it's on if it's on something other than C:. Some guy lost his whole Origin library, then it began deleting other Steam games.

From the dev: "Hello, all. If you are reading this and have HOMD installed in your C: drive, don't worry - the following issue doesn't affect you. I recommend that anyone downloading the game for the first time save it in the C: drive.

However, if your game is installed in another drive, please take note. Some users have reported that when A House of Many Doors is installed outside the C: drive, there may be deletion of other files, including but not limited to other Steam games."

That's one *hell* of a bug.

I think this is thread worthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom