• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

New Prey looks good

C364rbeW8AE-LKJ.jpg:orig

Deques

YIKES. So that new game "A House of Many Doors" that just came out?

Do *not* install it on anything other than the C: drive. Why, no reason, only that it apparently can delete random files from whatever drive it's on if it's on something other than C:. Some guy lost his whole Origin library, then it began deleting other Steam games.

From the dev: "Hello, all. If you are reading this and have HOMD installed in your C: drive, don't worry - the following issue doesn't affect you. I recommend that anyone downloading the game for the first time save it in the C: drive.

However, if your game is installed in another drive, please take note. Some users have reported that when A House of Many Doors is installed outside the C: drive, there may be deletion of other files, including but not limited to other Steam games."

That's one *hell* of a bug.

This is not a bug, this is what we call virus

JakeD

Do *not* install it on anything other than the C: drive. Why, no reason, only that it apparently can delete random files from whatever drive it's on if it's on something other than C:. Some guy lost his whole Origin library, then it began deleting other Steam games.

From the dev: "Hello, all. If you are reading this and have HOMD installed in your C: drive, don't worry - the following issue doesn't affect you. I recommend that anyone downloading the game for the first time save it in the C: drive.

However, if your game is installed in another drive, please take note. Some users have reported that when A House of Many Doors is installed outside the C: drive, there may be deletion of other files, including but not limited to other Steam games."

Yeah I think I'll hold off on installing it to my C: drive as well, lmao

Zeeman

Lol, this reminds me of that game that deletes your files as you play it, although that was at least deliberate

http://kotaku.com/5400213/the-dangerous-video-game-you-werent-supposed-to-play

So I've been wrestling with Steam for the last half of the week or so. My Chrome browser can is logged into Steam but my Steam thing won't even connect to the login server.
Adding onto the fact that I have a Steam controller I need to configure for it and you have what I've been dealing with for the last half of the week or so.

I have no idea how to fix and I even updated my AMD drivers.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
New Prey looks good

C364rbeW8AE-LKJ.jpg:orig

Here's hoping it runs well. I like that the game is essentially open-world with some gating involved, however I am concerned that the enemies will quickly grow stale as they all appear to be cut from the same basic alien cloth (black shadow-like monsters) and I'm not sure that the different designs alone will be enough to stave off the feeling that I'm really just fighting the same enemy over and over again.

dex3108

Now that i finished The Witness only 2 games left to finish (that i started long ago) are Witcher 3 ( i still never visited Skelige XD) and Snakebird. And because i just bought W3 Expansion Pass i will never finish W3 so i need to start another game. I need something linear now so maybe Abzu or Ryse that i got yesterday. Or should i go and play some FPS like Bioshock 2 that i never played or Metro Last Light. It is hard to decide when you have tons of unplayed games XD

Tonton

Speaking of System Shock 2 is it fine to play it without playing the first? I got it on GOG and was thinking on giving it a try

Speaking of System Shock 2 is it fine to play it without playing the first? I got it on GOG and was thinking on giving it a try

The opening of the second game gives you all the plot context you need, and in terms of gameplay, there's a reason that people talk more about the second than the first.

It's only Ninja Theory? Lame. Somebody said Team Ninja and I thought they got mixed up as people tend to.

Anywho at least Rockstar is there. Capcom too but I'm assuming it was for Dead Rising 4(?) and Resident Evil 7.

Thanks for the false hope :""")
Although I still assume NiOh is coming maybe after all the season pass content will be out.

Ascheroth

...How?
How does something like this even happen?

Tizoc

Beat the first boss and did a few side quests in Dust and apparently I am almost 1/3 of the way through the game? Then again 100% likely requires you to complete side quests as well so it is possible I am 1/4 of the way, but whatevs.
Kinda wished there'd be more combo attacks you learn going forward but mixing up the magic attacks is always neat just to see enemies dying around you.

Also I like that there is a limit to doing the psycho crusher attack XD

Parsnip

I am turning old, have some games and stuff!
It's my birthday today, so rather than let the existential dread about my inevitable demise along with the inevitable heat death of the universe and knowledge that all mankind's endeavours are futile and irrelevant on a long enough time scale set in, I'm going to fill that void through video games. Or at least giving some away.
Happy old day Petri and Uzzy.

M.D

Night Dive made tweaks to ensure it could run on modern systems before they released it, and they've patched it since then as well.

Didn't realize it wasn't the original version. Sounds promising!

Maybe I'll tackle it as my next game. Always hear great things about it and I like Bioshock and Infinite as well.

JakeD

Wow I owned Nocturne back in the day. Haven't thought of that game in many years. I wonder if it's playable on modern systems

Clearing up keys

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ARK Box Unlimited -- MB-38E60D16769E455B - Taken by Hakkelus
Teslagrad -- MB-542FF81AEE8E5ADC - Taken by Nomadic Sparks

Parsnip

I've been eyeing a lot of PC hardware stuff lately... but everything's so expensive here and for what I want to do (move to a smaller case eventually) I can't really recycle some of the most expensive parts.

Ugh.

Hello steamgaf I finally got my account approved and this is probably where i spent most of my lurking time so I wanted to get myself out here first and do a little giveaway, enjoy

Welcome to bestgaf.

Popstar

There were supposed to be five, but Humble is temporarily out of keys for one game. Second time I've had the happen recently.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered -- MB-67C22115A39F84EA - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Pony Island -- MB-A4A5AD50DEAB3109 - Taken by Nabae. 2 entrants total.
Refunct -- MB-3181A8D2E9A9B57D - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.
Rust (Early Access) -- MB-9227E7418934F640 - Taken by Eila. 4 entrants total.

t1486323711z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom