• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTrain

I hope Northgard is good. I recall liking the look of it from a trailer or something.

Confederations are really difficult on hard, particularly with factions as large or larger than you. Nice work.

How quickly did you have to smash the Wood Elves? Feels like they're threat #1 in every campaign now...

~80 turns if Bretonnia stay strong, otherwise I don't even think is possible to stop them with the malus of Eight Peaks. It's really important to keep their army count as low as possible, even if you need to trade 50-50 in a battle do it and find a way to recoup your army as fast as possible to keep them busy. If you get one army into their territory capable of doing this sort of guerrilla warfare you can control their grow and, if someone else help you, even kill them

rickyson1

I've already made a post about this in Atelier Sophie (not)OT, but there is another issue with Atelier port - most of the DLC included with the game aren't active at the moment, there is an unofficial fix for it on the Steam forums. Seeing that there is a KT representative posting in that thread, i hope this info reaches the developers and will be fixed soon.

Speaking of fixes, the CPU and stuttering issues have been officially patched, i removed the workaround DLL i was using, and i still get 5-7% CPU load and no stuttering throughout the game, The only technical issue left is some fps drops during synthesis, which, to be honest, i didn't even notice until someone pointed them out, and i started paying attention to fps counter during those parts.

that music dlc is nuts

I was looking at it and counted it out and there is literally 800+ options for town music alone in there

plus Atelier tracks,Shop tracks,World Map tracks,Battle tracks,and Boss tracks

Ladekabel

SteamGAF, be honest with me: Currently on my third playthrough through Ys Origin with
Toal
and I'm in Guilty Fire. Sometimes when I enter a room the framerate goes from 60 to 30 until I slay a couple of demons and then it's alright again. And when I re-enter a room that problem consists sometimes and sometimes not. Is my PC dying or is this a bug in Ys Origin?

Knurek

that music dlc is nuts

I was looking at it and counted it out and there is literally 800+ options for town music alone in there

842 files, not counting 178 tracks Sophie alone has.
Gust was always a music driven company.

Ascheroth

that music dlc is nuts

Nah, they aren't categorized that way. You have the same selection of songs regardless of what you want to replace, for example you can set battle themes to play in town if you want.

Still 800+ songs is pretty huge in itself.
842 files, not counting 178 tracks Sophie alone has.
Gust was always a music driven company.
I said damn.

Knurek

Nah, they aren't categorized that way. You have the same selection of songs regardless of what you want to replace, for example you can set battle themes to play in town if you want.

Still 800+ songs is pretty huge in itself.

I said damn.

Even if the port would be a terrible trainwreck (well, more of a terrible trainwreck than it is now), it'd be still work plopping €30 to have legal access to 65 hours of Gust music.
(Game uses OGG Vorbis with some custom header, easily playable in most of music players out there - provided they have VGMStream port. Heck, I could just play them on my phone, as there's this little thing called Droidsound-E).

SteamGAF used to be cool but now you're supporting crap like CDkeys and G2A like Sellout Twitch streamers

I support my wallet. If CDKeys and G2A are offering far better prices why wouldn't people use them? I buy most of my games from those two and I've never once bought a bad key.

It's cool (and I'm jealous) if you're wealthy enough to buy everything at their default Steam prices but I don't know how you could be upset at people saving money. If the dev/pub wants to get in on that, then they should set their price on Steam to be more attractive.

If you kids won't stop arguing I will turn this car around and nobody gets any Jojo.
tumblr_inline_n6f63qt1v81rfet7r.gif

I won't rest until I can do this as a taunt in a Bayonetta type game.

My dream collab is a Square Enix x Platinum Games x Gust:
Full Metal Alchemist.

PG doing gameplay. Gust doing art/graphics/soundtrack. As for SE, well they own the IP.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My dream collab is a Square Enix x Platinum Games x Gust:
Full Metal Alchemist.

PG doing gameplay. Gust doing art/graphics/soundtrack. As for SE, well they own the IP.

My dream collab would be Platinum Games x Level 5 : Saber Marionette J
An Action Adventure Game with some Sim elements to level up the marionettes.
A77-9.jpg

Where's that DO BULLY image? I need it for another thread.

617c0bf4b3.png

Grief.exe

The IQ of the latest Nier trailer looked rough. 60 FPS on PS4 is a bit of a stretch.

Crossing my fingers Platinum unlocked the frame rate and resolution on this one.

I don't think it's a game similar to Banished or Caesar.

It looks more similar to Settlers to me.

I thought Settlers was fairly similar to the Blue Byte games, but I haven't played them yet.

Well fuck me! I hope I didn't trash my CPU or some other part in my PC when cleaning it earlier. I can't play Hitman at 8FPS. :O

What's your GPU?

My 1070 has a weird thing where it'll stay on idle clocks even after firing up a game if I didn't turn off my computer for 2 days or so.

Lomax

I support my wallet. If CDKeys and G2A are offering far better prices why wouldn't people use them? I buy most of my games from those two and I've never once bought a bad key.

It's cool (and I'm jealous) if you're wealthy enough to buy everything at their default Steam prices but I don't know how you could be upset at people saving money. If the dev/pub wants to get in on that, then they should set their price on Steam to be more attractive.

Everyone here advocates buying the best deals, supports bundles, and jumps on price mistakes. But we are also advocates of the industry, and the developers and publishers that make games happen. Sure, there's countries where the cost of games is disproportionate to the cost of living (thus why we see regional pricing) and if you live in one of those places, I understand doing everything you can to cut your costs. But plenty of the stuff on CDKeys and G2A is already only there as markup on stuff obtained at regional prices, so that argument only goes so far. If a publisher decides to bundle their game for pennies, that's on them, and I'm going to take advantage of it. But I do understand that always waiting for the Humble Monthly on things is going in the long term result in fewer great games being made, and that's unfortunate. But at this point G2A has years of reputation for enabling and actively participating in actions that undermine the very industry it tries to be a member of. Yes, we all have a budget and have to make choices about where our entertainment dollar goes; so by all means, act with your wallet. But understand that doing so can actually be harmful to the industry you love.

Vuze

Well fuck me! I hope I didn't trash my CPU or some other part in my PC when cleaning it earlier. I can't play Hitman at 8FPS. :O
Tried a clean GPU driver re-install yet? Sounds more like a GPU problem unless you're having issues in other CPU intensive applications too.

Corpekata

Banned
So all the stumping for CD keys as of late has led to people flat out stumping for G2A too lol.

It's not about people being upset about you saving money, but by you supporting a shitty industry that has had years of exploitation under its belt. Your reasoning could easily just cut out a few words and be what people use to justify piracy.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Small little game of mine, Red Haze, releases on Monday only for $1.99. Here's a little giveaway, only one I'll do for it for now.

Red Haze

You know, my dear, it isn't safe... To wander and creep while oh so weak. In the abandoned, the rotten, the decayed. Society has forgotten you; it won't lift a finger for that which is tossed away. You're just prey that the true prowlers who lay in shadows await to feast upon.

Falling into the dark pits of society, Rockette turned to drugs to give meaning to her miserable existence. Squatting in an old apartment complex, she finds herself at her last pump, and decides to venture from her shanty abode to locate her dealer, an older woman by the name of Aunti G. However, a creeping feeling takes hold; something is following her. A voice begins to talk to her from within the walls...

A semi-sequel to Close Your Eyes, something of a loose retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. Featuring a cryptic, surreal, and morbid story where not everything is as it seems, perception is important, and choice matters.

-Something always watches you in the dark places of your mind; different people may perceive things differently.
-A harrowing experience featuring an original soundtrack & art.
-An unsettling and slowly-building atmosphere, paced to keep things interesting.
-A cryptic and harrowing tale exploring the dark corners of society.
-Voice acting that may be turned on or off.
-Multiple endings, many secrets, and multiple pathways support replayability.

What soft skin you have, my child...

---

Does have my doodily style for graphics, be happy when getting to a project an artist I'm working with tackles it more fully.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dusk Golem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Red Haze -- MB-4BE896D56C782B25 - Taken by gngf123. 14 entrants total.
Red Haze #2 -- MB-568A3236AAD20364 - Taken by longlivegaming. 6 entrants total.
Red Haze #3 -- MB-8F7845D6420891DA - Taken by septicore. 8 entrants total.
Red Haze #4 -- MB-74C1E0E32A31CCFF - Taken by fenners. 19 entrants total.
Red Haze #5 -- MB-F4DE04262A075A34 - Taken by voodooray. 5 entrants total.

t1486926475z1.png

cyba89

With all the indie bundles, Humble Monthly and fast discounts on AAA titles gaming is cheaper than ever even without throwing money at shady businesses that are harmful to the industry.

So all the stumping for CD keys as of late has led to people flat out stumping for G2A too lol.

It's not about people being upset about you saving money, but by you supporting a shitty industry that has had years of exploitation under its belt. Your reasoning could easily just cut out a few words and be what people use to justify piracy.

lol @ relating buying games on discount to piracy. Exercise your right as a consumer, you're allowed to buy things that don't come directly from the maker (in this case, the publisher).

Anyway how is G2A any different from buying games from the GAF B/S/T thread? You can't prove the keys from that thread are stolen just like you can't prove the ones from G2A are.

With all the indie bundles, Humble Monthly and fast discounts on AAA titles gaming is cheaper than ever even without throwing money at shady businesses that are harmful to the industry.

I'd rather buy game X near launch for $30 than wait 2 years for it to be in a bundle with a bunch of other things I don't want tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom