• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Im fucking up with every daily deal these days. Got so much stuff to do I forget it. Plus Six Siege and Amplitude on PS4 is robbing all the game time I have these days.

Knurek

Ichinose, a violin music student, is coming towards a crossroads in his life. He has to decide what to do with his future, but he doesn't feel pulled towards any one particular dream. In the absence of any ambition, he decides to work alongside his mother, who is a piano teacher, and teach violin. But one night, he sees a pretty, sad girl standing barefoot outside an apartment. A little investigation shows that she seems to share the apartment with a cat and a mysterious guy called Mike. Will meeting her be the trigger that can change his dull life?

rsz_87_clockers.jpg

87 Clockers is a manga about overclocking

Never change Japan. Never change.
Yes, that's a CPU there on the cover

madjoki

Per country? I always thought it was per region. Now this I didn't know.

There's three 'levels' to price:

1) Per Currency

Normal prices for all currencies available on Steam. (Also Australian Dollars, which is currently unused)

2) Per Region, eg. CIS, uses USD

3) Per Country pricing, eg. USD price in Australia.

Isn't CDkeys at least kind of legit? I thought they were just legit but different region keys? I never used them but that's what people told me before.

Yes. I believe G2A's own stuff if legit in same way (preorders),
and the problemous part is user market.

Though I keep as farway as possible from these sites anyways.

Blu(e)

Any chance 2K will do another bundle with Borderlands 2 in it?

If you're interested in Borderlands 2, MacGamesStore has the complete edition for $11.99. You can knock off another 5% with the code macgames5off.

This version has all the gameplay DLC (like the headhunter stuff and increases the level cap) that the GOTY edition doesn't have.

It doesn't have any of the skins though.

Parsnip

So the Atelier patch is good? Good.

Isn't CDkeys at least kind of legit? I thought they were just legit but different region keys? I never used them but that's what people told me before.
In my mind cdkeys is basically equivalent to the russian bear. Getting cheap keys from regions not meant for you. If you were fine buying games digitally through other regions via a third party before Valve shut that down, cdkeys just seems like a physical equivalent of that.

Axass

I just finished the Hollow Knight sneak peak: thought the game was very nice, the artstyle charming, but the locations and enemies very samey.

Then I watched the release trailer. Are you kidding me? It looks phenomenal and the demo area seems a miniscule part of the game, there are dozens of powers, bosses, enemies, locations.

It's Metroid meets Souls and it seems possibly GOTY stuff. I'm impressed.

Grief.exe

I just finished the Hollow Knight sneak peak: thought the game was very nice, the artstyle charming, but the locations and enemies very samey.

Then I watched the release trailer. Are you kidding me? It looks phenomenal and the demo area seems a miniscule part of the game, there are dozens of powers, bosses, enemies, locations.

The hype for this game is real. I better check it out.

cyba89

Oooh, that game looks really nice and it's out in two weeks! (or maybe I wait for the Switch version).

Lain

Why are y'all embracing the dark side?

pls stop

Some deals just aren't worth the price.

People would sell their own mothers for the right price... though maybe in this case, it'd be more correct to say they'd buy other people's mothers if they were cheap enough?

Trailer reminded me of Ori so it's pretty much a must-buy, lol

Lomax

SteamGAF used to be cool but now you're supporting crap like CDkeys and G2A like Sellout Twitch streamers

We've seen plenty of sketchy fly by night bundles come and go that rarely got questioned. The fact that this bundle is being questioned at all (and plenty of us are choosing not to buy it) shows that it isn't just "getting support." If this bundle was literally anywhere but G2A no one would be hesitating at all.

Edit: we also know g2a recently started doing payment processing for IndieGala (which has been known to do plenty of sketchy stuff in the past), and I remember IndieGala frequently having Lords of the Fallen as a "free bonus game" for store purchases, so I wonder if maybe they are the source of the keys.

The Hermit

I had very mild interested when it was first shown, but the later trailer sealed the deal. I can't get enough of Metroidvania 2D Indies, currently playing Guacamelee and I am loving it.

Will probably get the Switch version though, portability ftw.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Decksplash -- MB-0249B95B26B4AB10 - Taken by Vlad. 13 entrants total.

t1486842766z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I dont even know if its pro or conta feminism o_O
From their Kickstarter:

Why we're making the game
The game does intend to point out to some extremely weird and pointless actions that members of Third Wave Feminism are taking. By making this game, we tried to use as much stereotypes about modern day feminists as possible. Our goal is not to offend or degrade anyone and we're sorry if anyone feels that way after seeing this game.
In fact, we want people to stop being offended by ridiculous things on the internet, like this game is for example. Satire of the Feminist movement is the whole point of this game, and we believe that every movement is subject to satire.

So, yeah.

TheTrain

Just finished another campaign in Warhammer, this time with Belegar Ironhammer! (Hard difficulty)
350 turns and in the end I've conquered almost everything. During the 250 turn i've done an agreement with the Dwarfes, an huge confederation that killed basically every balance on the map

The red circle are the district that I've conquered thanks to the confederation, such an amazing moment.
100 hours and counting, TW: Warhammer is such an amazing game.

Ibuki

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ibuki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

DiRT 3 Complete Edition -- MB-38D738CF50CB4A01
Syberia -- MB-E2DB84953313036B
Syberia II -- MB-8D0189BED756DAC8 - Taken by Cels. 2 entrants total.

t1486834058z1.png

Enjoy

I hope Northgard is good. I recall liking the look of it from a trailer or something.
Just finished another campaign in Warhammer, this time with Belegar Ironhammer! (Hard difficulty)
350 turns and in the end I've conquered almost everything. During the 250 turn i've done an agreement with the Dwarfes, an huge confederation that killed basically every balance on the map

The red circle are the district that I've conquered thanks to the confederation, such an amazing moment.
100 hours and counting, TW: Warhammer is such an amazing game.

Confederations are really difficult on hard, particularly with factions as large or larger than you. Nice work.

How quickly did you have to smash the Wood Elves? Feels like they're threat #1 in every campaign now...

chronomac

Forgive me, God
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dirt 3 -- MB-4FA38266335344F1 - Taken by Dragon1893. 1 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-C77FD69423236BF1 - Taken by Axass. 1 entrants total.
Syberia II -- MB-BE7E309CE782F81E - Taken by Orgen. 4 entrants total.

t1486835076z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom