• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
45 minutes to go. Sleeping Dogs Collection: Yay or Nay?

the game is great, but most of the DLC breaks the early game (more money, xp, etc). I would say NAY on the pack. If you like the game you can pick up the story DLC later.

Yes, the pack is cheaper, but I don't think you can 'undo' adding all the money and xp DLC.

Backlogger

Solar 2 is the community's choice. Ugh, I was waiting for 7 Grand Steps.

I see the appeal of community choice, but I liked how GOG basically gave you 3 sale options and you could choose one and then it was locked until time ran out. I already own Solar 2 so Gaben doesn't get any money from me this flash sale.

the game is great, but most of the DLC breaks the early game (more money, xp, etc). I would say NAY on the pack. If you like the game you can pick up the story DLC later.

Yes, the pack is cheaper, but I don't think you can 'undo' adding all the money and xp DLC.

I thought I read that you can disable the dlc? Too late now lol.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I thought I read that you can disable the dlc? Too late now lol.

I don't know whether you can, but personally I wouldn't care if there was more EXP. Way too many of the abilities are locked until the very end of the game and you need to grind out dull side missions to unlock everything. I'd much rather have played with a boost giving me the combat abilities by the time the game was finished, I hated the way the experience and progression worked in the first place.

It's not at all a hard game and the unlocked combat abilities aren't obscenely strong compared to what you have at the start. I wouldn't worry about the cheat code DLC except for the principle of it all.

Backlogger

I actually don't mind this. I know I don't get the original experience, but my backlog is so massive that if I can play through an older game a little more quickly it doesn't bother me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone took crash time 2 from the giveaway but deathtrack resurrection is still there? lol :D

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Not to mention its impressive Day Z has remained the top-selling game all sale despite not being on sale at all, and purchasable for $30. No way he'd lower the price if its able to sell so crazily without a sale right now.

Snaku

Banned
Not to mention its impressive Day Z has remained the top-selling game all sale despite not being on sale at all, and purchasable for $30. No way he'd lower the price if its able to sell so crazily without a sale right now.

This. DayZ doesn't need a sale.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

All I've seen so far is that you cannot spend/put money in your wallet over 2000 dollars within a 24 hour time period.

Alright I don't think I'll hit either of these any time soon. I'm planning on picking up a few $100 wallet codes and was just wondering if I could redeem them all at the same time.

Cheers!

Thats my feeling too. I am torn between wanting to support efforts similar this and not wanting to support lazy efforts such as exactly like this.

This will most likely be the last WayForward title I purchase. The sprite flickering is unacceptable and the official explanation on the Steam forums is that people's CPUs can't decode the animation fast enough, despite the fact that the issue affects people running @4ghz. Yeah, so I can run just about every game from last gen at medium settings just fine (Arkham City, Bioshock, etc.), but I can't handle fucking Ducktales with four enemies on the screen at once? Of course, that was from back in August, and there doesn't appear to be anything new since then. I can only surmise that WayForward just doesn't give a shit. Then there's the wonky collision detection and random crashes to desktop.

Bah humbug indeed.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Really hoping these next Steam sales are something special. My last sale here at home, and buying from the phone can be a bitch.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Which is funny considering the last day of the sale is a repeat of the best sellers.
Is there going to be a DAYZ at 0% off repeat or something?
Not the a repeat of the best sellers on Steam. A repeat of the best selling daily deals.

...So technically you're correct about DayZ being an 0% off repeat on recap day! But there isn't actually any correlation between these two events.

The_Monk

Alright I don't think I'll hit either of these any time soon. I'm planning on picking up a few $100 wallet codes and was just wondering if I could redeem them all at the same time.

Cheers!

I wish I could get those Wallet gift cards where I live. 20€ and 50€ Cards are nice and I could use some store credit to get them a bit cheaper.

Can someone tell me what the fuck is happening? Max Payne 3 was working fine. I've never had any problems with it. I just bought the "Deathmatch Made in Heaven" DLC so I can play the Challenge Mode. It downloads and now when I try to start the game, I get this:

6vuT4TN.png

I can't get the game to start.

JavyOO7

Ah, I got the Walking Dead yesterday. But I don't think it'll run on my machine since my little machine that could is only a Mac Mini from late 2011 so its an inboard video card of HD 3000. Fine for most indie games, but I have a feeling for TWD stuff not so much so. So I guess I better save a good 1K this year to build myself a machine. =p

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
GAF was right once again, Rogue Legacy is awesome! Played the demo a couple of months ago and that didn't really grab me, but i'm glad I bought it anyway 'cause it sure does now. Really addicting. :)
Loving the randomness. Just found some unexpected rooms,
one with a jukebox and another with a carnival stand,
great stuff.
Starting to find some usefull runes as well. It's making the family trips a bit easier. And that's good, because this game is hard! :)

Speaking of which, wasn't Kingdoms of Amalur on sale during last winter sale or on another site, or am I just having a bad dream from sock blood loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom