• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymphae

Banned
You probably don't have to use spoilers for a boss from an NES-era platformer.

I've seen this sentiment a few times today, why do people think spoilers don't matter if something is old? There's always going to be someone out there who isn't familiar with whatever is is being discussed (more and more as time goes on actually).

DukeBobby

Damn, NBA 2K14 came down in price fast. £7.49 on GMG, even cheaper with the 20% off code.

I don't even like basketball, but it's tempting.

Relax.MX

I just finished Electronic Super Joy and is a very good little game, excellent audiovisual art :) maybe more dificulty in some stages. But if you like VVVVVVV buy this game ;)

Turfster

-user has no money for game
-I email user said game
-game is not redeemed for hours, sitting on my inventory (I didnt even know games went on your inventory now until its redeemed on the other side)
-I'm sad :(

Man, I'd never do that to you!
If you sent me a game, I'd redeem it immediately! ;)

C4rter

http://www.gamesradar.com/11-random-objects-look-gaming-executives/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

3UBRaHI.jpg

HstWTbo.jpg

PBalfredo

I'm looking at the Crusader Kings II DLC right now and the Europa Universalis IV Save Converter is $2.50, but Europa Universalis IV itself has yet to come on sale. I'm wondering if I should expect EU IV to come on sale, and at what discount? Would it be recommended for someone who found Crusader Kings II enjoyable, though often bewildering?

Turfster

I'm looking at the Crusader Kings II DLC right now and the Europa Universalis IV Save Converter is $2.50, but Europa Universalis IV itself has yet to come on sale. I'm wondering if I should expect EU IV to come on sale, and at what discount? Would it be recommended for someone who found Crusader Kings II enjoyable, though often bewildering?

EUIV has been 10$ on humble store, so quite possibly Steam will match this some time in the near future. Also, EU and CK are different. In CK, you play a person, in EU, you play a whole country. Countries can't become emperor of Russia by trading and selling family members from their humble beginnings as a French duke ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

It was $9.99 on Humble Store a few days ago. I expect there will be a similar discount on Steam as a daily deal at some point.

EDIT: Turfster'd

I've seen this sentiment a few times today, why do people think spoilers don't matter if something is old? There's always going to be someone out there who isn't familiar with whatever is is being discussed (more and more as time goes on actually).

Fair point, but there's not much to be surprised by when it comes to the boss in question.

Arthea

-user has no money for game
-I email user said game
-game is not redeemed for hours, sitting on my inventory (I didnt even know games went on your inventory now until its redeemed on the other side)
-I'm sad :(

on a positive note, Marvel Heroes is in fact improved, but then again I already liked it. Rocket being able to use multiples of the same turret makes my gibblets tingle

that's only the beginning, believe me, I have some friends (and family) that not redeemed presents I've sent almost year ago and I'm sure they don't plan to (><)
Good that I bough outside of steam and these were codes, those I buy on steam, I force people to redeem, my inventory is already pretty bad, don't need even more clutter!

I finished Dust: ET yesterday, and I was really disappointed by the end. Basically, the game is just throwing hundreds of enemies at your face, and this just wasn't fun. I really enjoyed the rest of the game though. Quite impressive for a first game.

And I just started Gone Home. Whoa, this is fantastic.

Now Steam, give me The Last Express with a good discount please!

Ganzor

Here you go! :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guardians of Middle-earth -- MB-0D5465F756D17638 - Taken by LuffyZoro
Machinarium -- MB-DF3046057CE4A265 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito
Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-2634F7599A4DB235 - Taken by KenOD
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition(Origin) -- MB-AEE66B4C9D0BE501 - Taken by Dragon1893
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP -- MB-32E2F38C72C22A45 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Nymphae

Banned
Fair point, but there's not much to be surprised by when it comes to the boss in question.

Yeah lol, I mean sometimes people can go too far being offended by a spoiler. Being privy to details about a boss from an NES game shouldn't really be world ending to anybody, but you never know these days :p

Altazor

so I added funds to my steam wallet from a "different source" (aka I used paypal instead of redeeming a steam wallet code) and now I can't do shit in the community market for a fuckng week. Yay me.

The_Monk

I want to play Dirt 2, but I want to tait in case Codemasters releases a Steamworks patch for it. Blah.

I finished both Dirt 2 & Dirt 3 last month. If you really want to play but you don't because GFWL, Opting OUT from the Steam Beta solved my problem. Dirt 3 was always very fast logging on GFWL (fastest than Dark Souls, for example) and it always worket, even Multiplayer, but I understand if people just want a version without any GFWL at all. Now my hunt for a replacement on the racing genre continues, perhaps Test Drive Unlimited 2.
but It has to be dirt cheap. Heh. 2/10

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Voted for Teleglitch. Hard-as-nails action roguelike, everyone should play it. Only took me three hours to reach level 2

except Teleglitch is already cheaper on indiegala in a bundle with a bunch other games

youhavechosenpoorly.jpg!

fantomena

I finished both Dirt 2 & Dirt 3 last month. If you really want to play but you don't because GFWL, Opting OUT from the Steam Beta solved my problem. Dirt 3 was always very fast logging on GFWL (fastest than Dark Souls, for example) and it always worket, even Multiplayer, but I understand if people just want a version without any GFWL at all. Now my hunt for a replacement on the racing genre continues, perhaps Test Drive Unlimited 2.
but It has to be dirt cheap. Heh. 2/10

I hate menus in Dirt 2. Makes me not want to play the game.

Miker

I may pick up Bionic Commando Rearmed at the end of the sale for $2.50 (current sale price). Who knows if I'd actually play it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom