• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Can you gift it to yourself and save the actual game for another person while keeping the extra content for yourself? Someone mentioned doing something like that earlier.

I so wish that would be possible, ruined too games this way by upgrading with GOTY version and such over vanillas. :(

legacyzero

Banned
I've bee having A LOT of fun with NETHER. I hope it gets another sale for more people to buy in. If you love DayZ, you'll love this.

contagion sounds exactly like l4d down to the engine it runs on

is it any good tho?

Hardly like L4D at all. Way slower, more about finding items/survivors/exit points. Not NEARLY the pace that the L4D's have.

It's pretty good, though. Well worth the $3 I paid.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Unfortunately not. If you buy it as a gift it's stored in your inventory as the GotY "package". If you add that to your library from your inventory, it's the same as if you just purchased it (no extra copy).

That's a shame. I guess if you're interested in the extra content at all, a redundant copy of the game shouldn't be too big of a deal anyway. That's a bunch of stuff. I'm actually tempted by it despite the fact I already own it on 360, and I half hate Borderlands 2.

contagion sounds exactly like l4d down to the engine it runs on

is it any good tho?

I hear it's slower and way more tactical. You can also become infected. I grabbed it because it's so cheap, even if it's in Beta.

-MD-

Go go go

ModBot said:
Instructions for -MD-:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-206DADB882C3ED44

t1387838943z1.png

Man, this is fun xD if I had a job I'd give some bigger shit away.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I've bee having A LOT of fun with NETHER. I hope it gets another sale for more people to buy in. If you love DayZ, you'll love this.

Hardly like L4D at all. Way slower, more about finding items/survivors/exit points. Not NEARLY the pace that the L4D's have.

It's pretty good, though. Well worth the $3 I paid.

hmmm might bite but it sounds like bundle material

Mr_Elysia

It's okay, I don't think he's one of the regulars!
The people that matter still care about you!

People would have to go to page 3615 of 3641 for that card to buy it at that price. I don't think anyone would accidentally click on it anyway ;)

Understood. I don't use the market. I haven't used it once. But you can see how the post seems considering how often things of the sort happen on other services.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Bohemia's pretty shrewd these days. I think years of shitty ArmA sales before DayZ hit has turned their hearts to stone :) The standalone's just out though, so a discount wasn't really in the cards just yet anyways. That price, though :(

Sorry, I didn't mean it in that way. I just meant to express that it's incredible that standalone ALPHA DayZ remains at the top of the sales charts at $29.99 despite being in the midst of insane Christmas sales.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there anyway to gift a game to someone who isn't a friend on steam?

You can send a gift from your inventory to someone via email.

Once they accept the gift, they'll be automatically added to your friends list on Steam.

The_Monk

Holiday spirit for whom? The person who accidentally buys the thing you purposefully overpriced in the hopes that someone would get ripped off or hopes that someone would buy it out of pity? I generally don't comment in this thread because it moves quickly, and most of the people here are on my friend list on steam anyways, but I thought it might warrant a mention as I'm hoping you wouldn't do something in bad faith considering the persona you generally attempt to play to. Most people here seem to like you well enough that you probably don't need to resort to something like this if you're just hoping someone buys it because they want to be charitable. I assume the potential that someone accidentally buys it instead of another one was more an oversight than malice.

First of all, I don't have a "persona" I am who I am. What you see in here is me in real life, like it or not. I respect your opinion as any other opinion but don't call who I am a "persona". I'm not new to GAF, there's plenty of different people in here. People who are polite, kind, rude, serious, etc. That's called personality, not persona. Do you see the difference? I don't act. This is me, sorry to disappoint you.

It seems many people get surprised by the way I interact with others but to be honest, every time I see someone being rude and cursing to another GAFfer, it's me who feels sad. Because this is a Community and we should always act like one. Calling me who I am a "persona" is not fair but I understand that you are free to express your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

Either way, in case you don't believe it was a joke, here:

pokWyug.png

I hope he does not feel scammed for 0.17€ it was the right price for me.

If you would like to insult me, please do it in a PM, I don't want to derail the thread. Don't worry, you wouldn't be the first to hate me, but this is who I am and I'm sorry you don't like it.

nexen

Whats this? I was gone for like 5 minutes ...

Anyone who is mean to The_Monk is my enemy. That dude is all right.

edit: wait, except for Mr.Elysia. That dude is all right too.

FloatOn

to those that have played both which is the better action game DmC or Castlevania Lords of Shadow?

Assuming Lords of Shadow doesn't burn me out I can see myself playing another game like it in the not too distant future.

Basically should I make DmC a priority to play sooner rather than later?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The_Monk is one of the most generous GAFfers I know. Calling it "an act" or a "persona" is a little insulting.

Salsa

to those that have played both which is the better action game DmC or Castlevania Lords of Shadow?

Assuming Lords of Shadow doesn't burn me out I can see myself playing another game like it in the not too distant future.

DMC is so much better than Castleborenia it's not even funny

Danielsan

I swear, if the steam community ends up not voting for Brothers on this community's choice I will flip a lid. I really want to play that game.

i can never recommend DmC so i guess castlevania wins by default

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I swear, if the steam community ends up not voting for Brothers on this community's choice I will flip a lid. I really want to play that game.
Voted. And now i'm griding trading cards to get the money for it. I Had a foil vanu sov MAX card that is going for about 3 dollars. if I can sell that im golden.

Vibranium

Banned

I voted Brothers just for people who haven't played it. I finished it recently, I'm not ashamed to admit I teared up playing it, especially since I have a bro myself. Beautiful visuals and a breathtaking soundtrack, well worth it.

Great little story too, Nayaa and Naiee were under-appreciated simply because they speak in a different language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom