• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you guys see the_monk's pic in the post new pics of yourself thread

BEDcn7l.jpg

dawwww You are very adorable The_Monk.

TGMIII

to those that have played both which is the better action game DmC or Castlevania Lords of Shadow?

Assuming Lords of Shadow doesn't burn me out I can see myself playing another game like it in the not too distant future.

Basically should I make DmC a priority to play sooner rather than later?

Purely from a combat perspective DmC is a much more interesting game when compared to LoS. Which isn't saying a lot.

Amzin

to those that have played both which is the better action game DmC or Castlevania Lords of Shadow?

Assuming Lords of Shadow doesn't burn me out I can see myself playing another game like it in the not too distant future.

Basically should I make DmC a priority to play sooner rather than later?

I actually haven't played the newest DmC, but I would recommend LoS if you want a lengthy, atmospheric GoW-clone. I really enjoyed the game but it was a lot longer than I expected and the early parts (first 3-4 levels) are meh.

FloatOn

DMC is so much better than Castleborenia it's not even funny

how far did you make it in Castlevania before hanging it up? I'm at the end of chapter 3 now and things are quite a bit better than boring ass chapter 1

good to hear about dmc though. I want to play it before part 4 which I already have sitting in my library. I'll skip the rest because who has time to play 3 more games in the same franchise these days?

Mr_Elysia

First of all, I don't have a "persona" I am who I am. What you see in here is me in real life, like it or not. I respect your opinion as any other opinion but don't call who I am a "persona". I'm not new to GAF, there's plenty of different people in here. People who are polite, kind, rude, serious, etc. That's called personality, not persona. Do you see the difference? I don't act. This is me, sorry to disappoint you.

It seems many people get surprised by the way I interact with others but to be honest, every time I see someone being rude and cursing to another GAFfer, it's me who feels sad. Because this is a Community and we should always act like one. Calling me who I am a "persona" is not fair but I understand that you are free to express your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

Either way, in case you don't believe it was a joke, here:

pokWyug.png

I hope he does not feel scammed for 0.17€ it was the right price for me.

If you would like to insult me, please do it in a PM, I don't want to derail the thread. Don't worry, you wouldn't be the first to hate me, but this is who I am and I'm sorry you don't like it.

I edited the post before you posted this. Questions and criticism are not inherently insulting you. As a matter of fact I allowed for it to be an oversight if it was factual. As far as your persona, well, I think a lot of people would be lying if they didn't think it comes off as a bit disingenuous at times. And that's fine. The more people get to know you the more they can trust that it is you. You don't get to be a saint on face value. And it's inconsequential anyways, as I also mentioned people seem to like you and have decided they'd like to assume that you're not taking anyone for a ride on good will. That was primarily why I decided I might comment on the situation in the first place, because if it was a real thing that you had done, you might want to know why you shouldn't. If it was someone who portrayed, on the internet, some jerk that everyone thought was a jerk there would be no reason. Like it or not, how you say you are means that you'll be held to a higher standard. Consider it a compliment if you'd like.

Arkanius

Castlevania was one of my favorite action games when it was released in that year.
Please don't even compare it with DmC

It has a slow start though. Clearly Kojima was the editor.

frostshade

Neo Member
People can hate The Monk. Well now I've seen everything. o_O
His writing style/tone doesn't feel dishonest from what my brain capacity can tell.

On-topic: Trine and Trine worth the steam sale price they're going for atm.

FloatOn

not much cause UGH

DmC is great right away, starts like a punch to the gut

give it another chance. once I started getting more upgrades in chapter 2 the combat became much more interesting.

or it may just be because I haven't played many games like this.

If I had played all the God of War and Devil May Cry games I may have been rolling my eyes at this too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You guys are making me want to pick up both Castlevania and DMC.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
how far did you make it in Castlevania before hanging it up? I'm at the end of chapter 3 now and things are quite a bit better than boring ass chapter 1

good to hear about dmc though. I want to play it before part 4 which I already have sitting in my library. I'll skip the rest because who has time to play 3 more games in the same franchise these days?

BIG MISTAKE AMIGO. If anything you need to play the amazing DMC3 and you can skip the rest of the franchise if you want(that'd be stupid though).

At least play it in the order of DMC3>DMC4>DmC. All 3 of those are on pc(you have 4 already) and they're all on sale.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just finished To The Moon in one sitting. Great experience.

A few emotional moments were ruined by the doctors.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
BIG MISTAKE AMIGO. If anything you need to play the amazing DMC3 and you can skip the rest of the franchise if you want(that'd be stupid though).

At least play it in the order of DMC3>DMC4>DmC. All 3 of those are on pc(you have 4 already) and they're all on sale.

Except DMC3 is apparently a steaming pile of a port. If you've not played any of them, you probably shouldn't start with the one that runs like ass on PC.

-MD-

ModBot said:
Instructions for -MD-:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-206DADB882C3ED44

t1387838943z1.png

Reposting.

fantomena

DmC is so awesome I even boguht all the DLC for it. I usually never buy DLCs if they not contain some big SP story stuff.

Fuck MP and cosmetic DLC. SP story stuff DLC forever and ever!

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Except DMC3 is apparently a steaming pile of a port.

Not really, it's missing post processing effects from PS2 but with a simple delete of a few files the port runs fine. Even then there are copies of DMC3/DMC3SE everywhere and you can play them in 1080p on PCSX2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom