• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Castlevania and DmC? Psh, Revengeance is coming out.

5cLcTng.png

Kind of annoyed that Borderlands 2 GotY is 75% off and that I own everything included in that bundle because I pre-ordered the game on Steam and bought the Season pass EXCEPT the Gamestop pre-order Creature Slaughter Dome and the Pyscho character pack, both of which I can buy for 50% off.

I've already sunk 300 hours into that game, kind got burnt out on the raid bosses, so I probably shouldn't even buy the Psycho pack.

The_Monk

I edited the post before you posted this. Questions and criticism are not inherently insulting you. As a matter of fact I allowed for it to be an oversight if it was factual. As far as your persona, well, I think a lot of people would be lying if they didn't think it comes off as a bit disingenuous at times. And that's fine. The more people get to know you the more they can trust that it is you. You don't get to be a saint on face value. And it's inconsequential anyways, as I also mentioned people seem to like you and have decided they'd like to assume that you're not taking anyone for a ride on good will. That was primarily why I decided I might comment on the situation in the first place, because if it was a real thing that you had done, you might want to know why you shouldn't. If it was someone who portrayed, on the internet, some jerk that everyone thought was a jerk there would be no reason. Like it or not, how you say you are means that you'll be held to a higher standard. Consider it a compliment if you'd like.

Is it so hard to believe that there is still kind people in this world?

This is an amazing Community and I'm not blind, every member should be happy to be here and participate/discussing about what he love as a hobby, video games. That's it. If people find it odd the way I talk it's okay, because I, sometimes also find a bit odd when someone can only focus on the negative sides of life. Yet I don't come and say that they are acting or they are a persona.

Insulting solves nothing. Hate generates hate, nothing good comes out of it.

I've talked to a lot of members in here, wrote a lot, helped some that needed a friend and I would do it again even while still being hated. Because it's worth to make a better day for someone.

I missed your edit, and to answer your edit: Apologies accepted. Just don't jump and judge people like that, it does not add anything positive to your life if you ask me. Accept that there is a lot of different people in the world and we can all live in harmony.

Feel free to answer this via PM, please. I have no problem talking to you about it if you want. I already feel bad for the off topic talk and I'm sorry to every single GAFfer for this.

Salsa

DmC was fucking awesome in every aspect except the combo rating system being way too generous

I actually really dig how fucking stupid the whole SO EDGY OMG PUNK ROCK tone is and I wish it got even more ridiculous

gimme dat crappy attitude I love it

so bad its great

Last chance!

Cleanin' out my closet, hopefully you guys find some use for these!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam HD First Encounter -- MB-87489CE32B35F6DA - Taken by Lain. 2 entrants total.
BIT TRIP RUNNER -- MB-F2D82AF28685157D - Taken by someguyinahat. 4 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-36E4957CCF6692AD - Taken by Darkroronoa. 1 entrants total.
Renegade Ops -- MB-C5FE971E1CFF1BB2 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 12 entrants total.
Half Life 2 Episode 1 -- MB-72AFBAF6AC83045E - Taken by Uiki. 5 entrants total.

t1387830168z1.png

nexen

I can only speak for myself and I am willing to admit it. I am very bitter at the changes that were made, I sort of forced myself not to like it, so it is just blind hate.

I never cared for the DMC series and only picked up the recent one because the quick look was decent and I really like what Ninja Theory does with cut scenes. But, man oh man did I adore that game. Just a solid fun ride from beginning to end. I have a backlog the size of Mount Everest and I still managed to finish that game, the DLC, and then even went back to find secrets and beat some of my previous scores.

Arthea

I might sound like broken record but you are all wrong, and the best DMC is the very first DMC
DMC>DMC3>DMC4>DMC2
I don't put DmC in that equations because it's not really DMC, it's a game of its own and after playing some of it I think it's a good game, but saying that is the best DMC won't do, won't do at all.

I shied away from Borderlands 1 because I was told it was more of a shooter with RPG elements instead of an RPG with shooter elements, and that it was multiplayer-focused. As someone who prefers RPG to shooter, and who plays almost exclusively single-player, I decided it wasn't for me.

Is the same true for Borderlands 2?

Knurek

The_Monk, we really do love you (except for those that don't).

Damn, I've just finished listening to Valkyria Chronicles OST (not the first time, I just got an urge for Hitoshi Sakimoto from time to time, and this one came up in the roulette) and it's so, so awesome.

Sega, please port this game to PC. Day one purchase, even if it costs $50.

I might sound like broken record but you are all wrong, and the best DMC is the very first DMC
DMC3>DMC>DMC4>DMC2
I don't put DmC in that equations because it's not really DMC, it's a game of its own and after playing some of it I think it's a good game, but saying that is the best DMC won't do, won't do at all.

ftfy :)

Knurek

I voted for that too. Whatever's the next indie game everyone goes nuts over I vote against, because I'm a rebel like that.

Derrick, Brothers is made by Starbreeze. You know, The Darkness & Chronicles of Riddick guys (or FastTracker II if you're old like me)
Definitely not indie.

Nice.
I'm waiting for the 880 ti next year to do a SLI setup.

I just ordered a PS4 but at this point PCs are way overpowered. This is why we have steam sales. :)

I originally had a PS4 and Xbox One pre-ordered, but no games interest me at the moment so I canceled them for the 780 Ti. I'll get the consoles eventually, but I'm in no rush right now. This is my last big upgrade for my PC until 2015. I'll probably get on board with Skylake or Broadwell-E at that point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished Alien CM, not sure if I cba with stasis interrupted. At least I played co-op which always makes games better, it was pretty mediocre overall as expected. Still better than Duke tho in my opinion, not that that's saying much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom