• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

How I am feeling towards maneil99 right now

GFpsIeO.gif

I'm kidding, go nuts.

What are the best tower defence games on Steam?

I have tried Fieldrunners, Super Sanctum TD and Anomaly series (backwards tower defence that one) but none of it seem to grab me. I do like Sanctum 2 but it plays more like a FPS with tower defence elements.

I heard Defence Grid is good, is it best one? I think I want to try the best game(s) this genre has to offer before I write it off.

To those who feel as betrayed as I do,

Brothers is for sale for $6 on Amazon right now.

It's cheaper than the $7.50 on Steam, but not cheaper than the daily price it'll eventually get.

It activates on Steam.

If you haven't bought anything else on Amazon, it may be worth it to get this.

You'll get a $5 credit towards a 2013 Editor's Choice Game. There will very likely be at least one game you want, so have at least one $5 is a good idea (it can make a game free).

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
wait, that thing just goes on forever? WHY

edit: yes, I know why, shut up and gimme money, but the fact that people would actually go that far... spending 300 bucks on cards is kinda pushing it. Assuming you had to buy them all, of course.
The other interesting thing is that somebody has gotten the foil badge to at least level 20. You're guaranteed to get regular cards by buying games...but unless you're absurdly lucky, you're going to have to buy the vast majority of your foils. Right now they're going for ~$2 per card, so that's ~$400. F2P whales.

The Steam Card Exchange says "Level 100 - N/A" on it now, so the badge may not in fact level infinitely. I'm pretty curious who's got that level 100 badge and if they'll confirm whether it's the level cap or not...

Level 200 badge

level200cykr3.png
Literally laughed so hard I cried.

Hubb

That doesn't make any sense.

The GOTY is just the base game + parts of the DLC added if you go and look at the package contents. I am not saying I agree with this, but it is the only logical way you can have it listed for 50% off instead of 75%.

But that happens quite often. I mean that a discounted game with dlc, don't really affect discounts of dlcs alone.

I know it happens a lot. I just can't see any other reason why people would think it is a pricing mistake other than that point.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If you haven't bought anything else on Amazon, it may be worth it to get this.

You'll get a $5 credit towards a 2013 Editor's Choice Game. There will very likely be at least one game you want, so have at least one $5 is a good idea (it can make a game free).

Even if you have bought a game on Amazon, you get multiple credits for multiple purchases. You can't use two coupons on the same game later, but you can buy more than one and use one coupon each time.

Turfster

Flash
  • displayfusion 80% off
  • Nascar 2013 75% off
  • Skyrim 75% off
  • Ys I & II 75% off
Community votes
  • Braid 80% off
  • Dear Esther 80% off
  • Isaac 75% off

Status
Not open for further replies.